Which water park? Knotts Soak City, Hurricane Harbor or Wild Rivers Waterpark?

DisneySuiteFreak

DIS Veteran
Which would be better for fun, relaxation and some thrills and adventure? We are 2 adults and our 19 year old DS. We don't really care for too many extreme thrill type attractions, but are not interested in one with too many small kid type of attractions either. Preferably one with little to no gang type presence. :scared:
Any opinions/advice? We'll have a car...
Thanks!

I'd go with Knott's Soak City or Wild Rivers. You won't be pleased with the type of people you find at Hurricane Harbor...:sad2:

Neither is a really GREAT water park (nothing like Disney).

Both are about the same, but Knott's has the added benefit of being adjacent to Knott's Berry Farm, which has some additional thrills for your 19y/o.

I'd go with Knott's Soak City or Wild Rivers. You won't be pleased with the type of people you find at Hurricane Harbor...:sad2:

Neither is a really GREAT water park (nothing like Disney).

Both are about the same, but Knott's has the added benefit of being adjacent to Knott's Berry Farm, which has some additional thrills for your 19y/o.

Thanks for the info!
:confused3I thought I read that the gangs were all gone from MM now? Are there still questionable people that go there or have they improved security?

If given the choice, I would go to Raging Waters. I like Soak City since its close to home and good for a quick afternoon. But Raging Waters might be a better choice for a vacation type trip. You will enjoy Soak City though.

If given the choice, I would go to Raging Waters. I like Soak City since its close to home and good for a quick afternoon. But Raging Waters might be a better choice for a vacation type trip. You will enjoy Soak City though.

Thanks! I hear Raging Waters is about 20 minutes from DL, is that correct? Just up the 5 and look for the Raging Waters parkway or something like that? Is that the one you are referring to?

Raging Waters is in San Dimas. It's off the 57 freeway. You take I-5 North, to 57 North, and then it's off Raging Waters Drive.

I was going to suggest Raging Waters, but since you didn't ask about it, I figured you were not interested in it. It's better than all three of the ones you mentioned, though! It's always DEFINITELY hot up there!

Raging Waters is in San Dimas. It's off the 57 freeway. You take I-5 North, to 57 North, and then it's off Raging Waters Drive.

I was going to suggest Raging Waters, but since you didn't ask about it, I figured you were not interested in it. It's better than all three of the ones you mentioned, though! It's always DEFINITELY hot up there!

Not from DisneyLand. If you hop on the 5 North from DL, you will have missed the 57 completely. I would either take harbor up to the 91 E then 57N or take Ball or Katella to the 57N.

Yeah I didn't know about Raging Waters when I first made my original post. I read an older post about it somewhere on this board and it sounded good.

Not from DisneyLand. If you hop on the 5 North from DL, you will have missed the 57 completely. I would either take harbor up to the 91 E then 57N or take Ball or Katella to the 57N.
Thanks for the directions Stacerita!

After being at both waterparks in WDW many times, I was very disappointed in Knott's Soak City. I've been to the Palm Springs one (their themeing seems to be the more concrete the better, and the food-gross!) as well as BP. Of the 2, if I had to pick, I would pick BP. But I really would skip SC completely.

I've heard good things about Wild Rivers but have never been there. Or any of the others. I have been to Pharoah's Kingdom in Riverside-another one to be missed. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter