Which water park would you recommend?

Rootskate

<font color=red>Oh what I wouldn't give for a Zagn
We are planning on visiting either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon on our upcoming trip. Not sure which one we should go to? (We are in our 30's and it will be just the two of us.) Wondering which one everyone likes best?

I have tried both and I just love BB. The slide is great..alittle scary but great. I like the theme as well, there is nothing like a hot FL day and a blizzard pool to cool off in.

Mouseman, do they have one of those "lazy river" type things you float down in a tire tube?

Yes they do, that's where I lost my prescription sunglasses. I've only been to BB once, and I had so much fun for a "50 or something" grandmother. We had the grands that day, and I think I had more fun than they did.

Typhoon Lagoon wins for me, but just by a sliver. Both water parks have particular advantages:

The reason I love Typhoon Lagoon is that there is an awesome tidal wave pool that I could spend hours in. I will NEVER forget the first time I visited TL 10 years ago, and was in the wave pool, just hangin' with my 12 year old daughter. Suddenly, a whistle blew, and everyone screamed and began running toward shore. Eryn and I had no idea what was happening. Suddenly, this wall of water began moving toward us. We turned and ran, too. The water caught us before we reached shore, and carried us along. From that moment, we have both been hooked.

I also love the shark snorkeling pool, which is only at Typhoon Lagoon.

Blizzard Beach has the most thrilling water slide, some say, in the World. If you love water wedgies, this is the park for you! :rotfl:

There are also more group tube rides at Blizzard Beach.

Blizzard Beach has a fun bobbing wave pool...

I love both water parks - you can't go wrong visiting either!

If you like wave pools, then by all means Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach has better slides though. They are putting a new slide at Typhoon Lagoon, so that would be cool. In other words, I am absolutely no help........

Wow...both of them sound great! It sounds like we cant go wrong with either one of them! Thank you all for the replys

Hello, I agree with Typhoon Lagoon as the better of the 2. I have so much fun with the slides and the wave pool.
Oh and have a great honeymoon! My husband and I were married on May 1st, 1999 and we honeymooned at Disney. What resport are you staying at? We were at Carribean Beach. Now were are DVC members (SSR)....since the wedding we have been to disney at least once a year and sometimes two. So enjoy and hope you don't get as hooked as us.....

Deanna
:earboy2:

dmbkmb... We are staying at POR. Cant wait to get there!!!

Never thinking about going to a water park I was going along with a friend to BB... Whaw.... Good thing he dragged me in there or I would never have know how much fun this can be... Some days later I also wanted to try TL ... and that is the place I fell in love with....

BB might be the thrillZ
but TL is the magic....

I want to go back so badly...

TTFN

you are going to love the pors. i was just there last week, and how i wish i could have had dh along. he is deployed overseas right now. dd and her friend had a wonderful time, and i spent plenty of time just wandering around.

you picked the best resort for simply walking around. i know you will love it.

by the way my vote is for tl it has the best of both. it has some good slides, the waves, and the lazy river. you will likeeither, but my entire family loves tl.

have a wonderful and romantic trip. make sure you ride the boat at night from po to dd, and back. it is so enjoyable, especially later in the evening.

Thanks tooyellow313! :) We are really looking forward to this trip!! I have looked at so many pictures of the resort and it really does look beautiful!

Question? My hubby is part fish, I am not a strong swimmer. Is there anything I should avoid? I am willing to try anything, but don't want to get in over my head..Ha Ha.. or embarass myself by getting up there and chickening out. Would love to try snorkeling, but not sure if my "skills" are up to par. Thanks for all the help.

memymomonica said:
Question? My hubby is part fish, I am not a strong swimmer. Is there anything I should avoid? I am willing to try anything, but don't want to get in over my head..Ha Ha.. or embarass myself by getting up there and chickening out. Would love to try snorkeling, but not sure if my "skills" are up to par. Thanks for all the help.

Don't worry about being able to swim to snorkel. My husband is sorta afraid of the water, but he was still able to snorkel. His fear made it hard to get used to breathing with the snorkel, but once he was calm, he was fine. Everything else should be fine, except if you go to TL, be sure to stay in the shallow water in the wave pool. The waves get pretty big in the deep part, and there are so many people, it is easy to get pulled under. However, still try the wave pool - it is a blast. I would just stay shallow. :smooth:

Thanks for the info. I will try the snorkeling. Do they require life vests for anything? I was reading about snorkeling side trips while on the Disney Cruise and some required a life vest. How deep is the water you snorkel in?

memymomonica said:
Thanks for the info. I will try the snorkeling. Do they require life vests for anything? I was reading about snorkeling side trips while on the Disney Cruise and some required a life vest. How deep is the water you snorkel in?
You are required to wear these thin life vests. Guests also must stay on the surface - no diving down. Most of the sea life stays near the bottom of the pool, which is probably 12-15 feet deep. The entire pool isn't very big. It takes a very short time to glide across the top of the water from one end to the other. Man, I wish I were going to TL soon - it isn't in the plan for my next trip! :earsboy:

Cool! I will be more "Calm" with the life vest thingie. I just didn't want to embarass my hubby and be the only adult with water wings. :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter