Which Way Should I Go?!

GOMICKEY

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip for May, and I'm debating between HH and OKW. Goal is to have some quality time w/ my two little ones, and DH may not be able to make this trip. Plan to stay for 4 nights...

Questions: is it too hot in May in Orlando? How hard is it to get around to parks if we stay at OKW (own at BWV)? Kids will be 3.5 and 1 in May.

And is there enough to do for kids in HH if we go w/ that option?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be great.

This is a tough question. How busy do you want this vacation to be? At HH there are some organized activies for the little ones at the main resort as well as a great kids pool. The Beach House enables you to enjoy the beach just a few feet (20 - 30) from the pool and restrooms. Of course if you chose WDW you'll have pools and the parks. I'm sure the kids will love both. The real question is what do you really want to do? If you want family time and not alot of hussle chose HH. If you feel you can do the parks with the kids without DH, go for it! If you are happy in what you are doing the kids will be happy. A memory in the making - have fun.

Sandy B.

I think there is SO much to do besides the parks at WDW that you don't have to plan on busy times if you opt to go to OKW. The pools are always fun, especially for the 3 yr. old and you could opt to hit some of the character breakfasts and dinners at the Disney hotels for some excitement and great pictures as well! May is nice weather-wise in Orlando and the crowds aren't too bad. The Legos play area at DD is something the little ones will enjoy as well as the petting farm and campfire at Ft. Wilderness. I think it will come down to whether or not you want a beach vacation with a 1 yr. old and 3 yr. old. You can relax and have a relaxing time at either resort! Happy planning. :D

I think May is about the perfect temp: hot enough to enjoy swimming,but not so hot & humid that you'll be miserable in the parks. We love going in May. As for HH or WDW- that's a call I can't make. I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of your choice.

My personal choice would be HH. Since the kids are so small and you won't have any help, I think OKW is a bit more work, unless you have a car. Even with the car, you still have to get in and out of trams and monorails, which is not that big of a deal I realize, but I'd prefer the more sedate activities of HH if I didn't have any help with me. Just my opinion, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter