Which WDW resorts do you think offer the best value for your money?

hrvoje

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I'm starting to price out resorts for a potential visit. The only resort I've stayed at is All-Star Movies in 2008, so my experience is limited.
Which resorts do you think offer the best value for your money? I"m willing to pay 20% more for a resort if it offers a 30% improved experience. Travellers will be adults with no kids.

Thank you kindly.

Pop in the value category for skyliner, unshared buses.
Carribean Beach for the pool and skyliner and much improved dining options after the reno and i've hear great things recently about corronado springs though i haven't ever been there. Pool and dining.

I think wilderness lodge is the best of the delux not only because of the lowest price but the theming, rooms, restaurants. The only downside is the transpotation is boats or buses, no monorail.

Beach club is my money is no object deluxe. Best resort in WDW IMO for pool, restaurants, boardwalk, skyliner and boats. Walking distance to both EP and HS.

Probably Pop. I'm not sure how Caribbean Beach Resort is, but I'd probably take a close look at it being on the Skyliner now. Renting DVC is generally about the price of a moderate though, and you can get a great deal with Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Resort.

As a person who use to stay at deluxe resorts, Gran Destino Tower at CRS is hands down the best value. (We are all adults as well.) The food is very good, the resort is beautiful, the rooms in the tower are comparable if not nicer than most of the deluxe resorts and you save hundreds, if not thousands depending on how long the stay in comparison to the deluxe resorts.

Last edited:

Which resorts do you think offer the best value for your money? I"m willing to pay 20% more for a resort if it offers a 30% improved experience. Travellers will be adults with no kids.

I mean....IDK if any of the resorts offer the best value for your money. lol It is Disney.

I think different resorts offer different experiences and you should look into ones that suit you personally. Maybe watch some videos on youtube to see what peaks your interests. Does a 7 foot deep lazy river sound fantastic? Then BC/BCV/YC would be great for you. Does night-time entertainment on the boardwalk sound more your thing? Then check out BW/BWV. Does monorail access sound like a great thing? Look at Poly/GF/Cont resorts. Want a small resort with one bus stop and one pool only and a quick walk to everything? Then POFQ might be right for you. Interested in animals? Obviously, check out AKL. More then one place ends up sounding great? Do a split stay.

If you’re strictly defining value as money only, none of the Disney owned properties fit that criteria tbh. Swan and Dolphin do. The only real drawback to those resorts is lack of Magical Express and Magic Band convenience. If you don’t care about either, they’re fantastic.

I’m one of those people who believes time is money on vacation so I vastly prefer Deluxes in close proximity to parks.

I've always looked at it this way, I can usually justify the cost difference between value and moderate because I get an upgrade in amenities.

Park hours are just not long enough for me to stay somewhere that doesn't have a lounge/sit down restaurant.

In my experience, Coronado Springs. When I price out trips, it is usually much less expensive than the other moderates. I know some people will say "But CB has the skyliner and PO has the boat to Disney Springs..." but with the savings, I can pay for Uber rides (I realize this might not be possible for people that need car seats/have mobility devices.)

Coronado Springs also has many features that are typically only found in Deluxe resorts; a gym, a spa, multiple table service restaurants,etc. And I just think their pool theme is really nice!

Probably CBR for moderates. The rooms are nice, the resort grounds are gorgeous, and it's on the skyliner. For deluxe resorts, AKL is in my opinion the most beautiful, well themed Disney resort and it is also the least expensive of the deluxes if you are willing to ride a bus everywhere. The Contemporary is the most reasonable of the monorail resorts, but it's theming is lacking IMO. I have stayed at YC/BC and missed having a food court. That is keeping me away from Boardwalk. I can't really speak to the values because I've only ever stayed at AoA and that is the priciest value.

My family of 5 have stayed at AoA, the Boardwalk hotels, and Caribbean Beach. We have also considered the Dolphin but when you factor in the resort fee, lack of Magical Express, and inability to charge back to the room on your magic band we can't justify the minimal savings vs. Caribbean Beach. We have decided that Caribbean gives us the most value, we can't justify paying nearly twice the price for other hotels. For our upcoming trip in August, AoA was more expensive than the Yacht club which is ridiculous and my kids had just as much fun if not more fun at the CB pool vs. Stormalong Bay mostly because it is easier to access the slides. I'd rather put my money toward different experiences like dining or Uber to AK or Minnie Van to MK. Nothing beats the skyliner to HS or EP unless you are trying to get there way early.

None really, all WDW rooms are over priced. But as to which are best for you will depend on length of stay and how much resort time you plan on.
If you just want a place to sleep, and plan on being at the parks open to close I’d say Pop. If you are planning on enjoying some down time, mid day breaks at your resort I’d stay at one of the moderates, or deluxe if they’re in your budget. But with the price hikes of the last 2 yrs I can’t justify staying at deluxe anymore. Pricing is getting ridiculous.

No Disney resorts have a good value to price ratio. You can rent a house (some are just minutes to the parks) for less per night then one value room at an All Stars. That being said, I’ve never stayed offsite and I love DVC because it sort of cushions you from that sticker shock of the expensive rooms. I know this is kind of off topic but BWV is the best value for DVC imo because it’s next to two parks but still relatively low in points.

Will have more input next week as doing split Coronado, CBR, WL and BWV stay, but thus far AKL Savannah is the best value. True luxury resort (unlike Beach club which is a fake luxury--really a moderate with nicer pool) with amazing lobby and grounds and where else can you get that food and those animals. Nowhere.

In my experience, Coronado Springs. When I price out trips, it is usually much less expensive than the other moderates. I know some people will say "But CB has the skyliner and PO has the boat to Disney Springs..." but with the savings, I can pay for Uber rides (I realize this might not be possible for people that need car seats/have mobility devices.)

Coronado Springs also has many features that are typically only found in Deluxe resorts; a gym, a spa, multiple table service restaurants,etc. And I just think their pool theme is really nice!

This makes me really excited to stay at Coronado in June. I got it for $175 a night with FL resident discount which seems like a great deal for a moderate! For our May trip Pop is $187, lol.

+1 to Coronado Springs! I'm very frugal so for me, I think Pop is the best value at Disney, BUT if you are looking for more deluxe amenities, Coronado is a great value! Good restaurants, shopping, a gym, a spa, pool, lovely waterfront walks and courtyards...I loved it!

Which resorts do you think offer the best value for your money?

Depends on what you value. Room size? Interior hallways? Table service restaurants? Proximity to parks? Variety of transportation? Quieter? Fewer children? Great pools? Lounges? Resort size? What I consider to be the best value may be completely different from what you value. You need to first consider what you deem important and then see what resorts fit that and then determine if the price is worth it to you. Our favourites are currently BC, WL, AKL, GF, BWI, YC. We consider those to be reasonable value for us based on what we consider important which is room size, good pools, table service restaurants, interior hallways, park proximity, lots of transportation options, reasonably quiet, good lounges, attractive theming, and a few other things. Some trips we have to compromise on one or more of those things to get the others and that compromise is largely dictated by what we plan to do and where we plan to spend our time. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter