Which World Showcase restaurant should I try next?

Jen D

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to make some PS and so forgive me for spamming the restaurant board. Trying to decide which WS restuarant to try next. We've been to Rose and Crown-- good but nothing special, we did it for the Illuminations view and appreciated the unually gentle prices. We've also been to Teppanyaki Dining, which we also enjoyed. So where next? I kind of want to skip the buffets-- in theory, they ae supposed to be a good value, but generally I'd rather order what I want and pay for that. I'm inclined to do either Chefs de France or San Angel Inn-- and am inclined to skip the Chinese and Italian places for a number of reasons, primarily the reviews on this board and the fact that the menus look very overpriced and the offerings underwhelming. Marrakesh-- I live in a neighborhood with a ton of Middle Eastern restaurants so I feel that I might be to critical to enjoy it properly. Le Cellier looks good -- although I'm kind of thinking lunch might be the time to try them. What should we do?

Jen,

I think you have a couple good choices in Le Cellier and San Angel Inn. However, I wouldn't overlook The Coral Reef either. You mentioned skipping L'Originale Alfredo di Roma; however, it is pretty good. I would agree that Le Cellier is a great choice for lunch. The thing about San Angel Inn is atmosphere...you get to dine inside (hopefully next to the water/attraction) and enjoy great Mexican food. But, if you like seafood, The Coral Reef also has a great atmosphere overlooking the Living Seas...so it just comes down to what you are in the mood to eat. Hope that helps...

We like Chefs de France. I find it a relaxing place. The Menu has alot to offer. Love the Onion Soup & this moose chocolate cake dessert.

Kae

I'd avoid the San Angel Inn - the food is overpriced and bland, and the margaritas are horrible. I always tell people, if they want the atmosphere, just go in and walk around the stores and kiosks.

Le Cellier, as I also always say, is our favorite restaurant on Disney property so far.

Nine Dragons was fabulous, actually. Apparently it hadn't been good in the past, but things had changed, and we went in May. One of our favorites.

Chefs de France was also excellent. I highly recommend it for lunch, however, and Le Cellier for dinner.

Le Cellier I recommned it. Idid it for dinner and had a really good steak

We've had two horrible meals from San Angel (and we're not picky AT ALL)! Our meals at Chefs de France have always been delicious. Forever42 mentioned Nine Dragons, which we're actually considering trying again since their menu has changed, supposedly for the better.

I think you would enjoy Lecellier for dinner. The mushroom filet was so good. One of the best steak I've had.

Walk right past restaurant Marrakesh... it's terrrrrrrrrrible. Bland food, overpriced, and the restaurant is an absolute barn.

Definately one of the worst Epcot restaurants. I liked the restaurant in the Japan pavillion where they cook live at your table (can't remember the name) but others have said the food is plain - Le Cellier is definately your best bet in my opinion... well thought out menu, and if I may be so bold, one of the very few (under 5) restaurants that I would recommend to others if it was not based it WDW.

Consider Bistro de Paris in France too. I actually liked it better than Chefs de France (which is good too), and I liked the quaint atmosphere better.

I also like San Angel Inn (Mexico) and the Italy restaurant. However, I agree that the number of "bad" reviews might be an indication that the food is inconsistent.

I know you'd rather skip buffets, but the one in Norway (Akershus), is really very good, not only in value, but in quality.

I am going to try Le Cellier for the first time this year based on the consistently good reviews I've read on this board (and you all have me convinced that I cannot go there without trying the cheese soup!). I'm going to go there for dinner though since the dinner menu seems to have much more variety.

Le Cellier! we always go there, every trip, its our favorite place...there are lots of choices on the menu, not just steaks...the servers are friendly and the atmosphere is nice...

Le Cellier, our favorite restaurant at WDW. We never miss it. I've never been there for lunch, but their we always have steak for dinner, cheese soup and the yummy breadsticks. This year I'm going to add the Maple Creme Brulee for dessert.

I use to live in an area with a large Spanish population and I must admit the San Angel Inn was pretty darn good. I liked France, but thought is was over priced.

We leave tomorrow and I dropped about a dozen hints for my wife to make a reservation for Le Cellier. I guess I will find out if she hears me or yeses me do death!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter