Which would you do? MK on a party day or a Sat?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I have had to change all our park plans around now that there is limited availability of FOP fastpasses at the 60 day mark. We are doing MK two days. One of the days I need to choose between a Tuesday that has MVMCP so it closes at 6pm but is a 3 crowd level with Touring Plans or else on Saturday which is a 7 crowd level. On our second MK day, the crowd level is lower and it is open until 9pm so we can see HEA that day. Thanks everyone!

I have had to change all our park plans around now that there is limited availability of FOP fastpasses at the 60 day mark. We are doing MK two days. One of the days I need to choose between a Tuesday that has MVMCP so it closes at 6pm but is a 3 crowd level with Touring Plans or else on Saturday which is a 7 crowd level. On our second MK day, the crowd level is lower and it is open until 9pm so we can see HEA that day. Thanks everyone!

Definitely the party day since you have another day to do HEA. You'll be surprised at how crowded that HEA day is in contrast to the party day. If you don't have park hoppers, plan a fun meal or an evening at the pool.

Well, assuming non-parkhoppers, or that you are planning to spend the majority of park time on MK days in MK only? Like rope drop to close (or something similar, at least 4-5 hours)? And on the second MK day, you will have enough time to spend the whole day + see HEA, so...

I'd do the first MK day on the Tuesday, then. Less time in park as it closes at 6, but probably less crowded than a Saturday.

Thanks for your replies. We do not have hoppers and won't be getting them. I think that we can probably get almost as much done on a slower day than on a Sat. It has been really hard to fit in our two MK days as there are 4 party days and one day MK closes at 4:30pm. That just leaves us 4 days of full hours! :scared:

Hands down, party day. We've done some different ones this trip and party day was by far the least crowded.

Another vote for party day. When we did this last December we had one of the best days we've ever had at MK on a party day. My memory is a little foggy but I think we rode SDMT three times in a row around 9:00-9:30 am with very little waits, like less than 5-10 minutes each.

We've done MK on MVMCP party days. We arrived before RD and got a lot done in the morning. The party crowds started to come in at 4pm, and by 4:30-5pm, the standby wait times had really grown. Plus it was hard to move around, especially down Main Street USA.

We ended up leaving around 4:30-5:30pm, but that was because we had done everything we wanted to do for that day, and then some, as well as MK being more crowded.

Edit: We don't buy hoppers.

Last edited:
Another vote for the party day - most people aren't willing to "blow" a ticket on less than a full day. Our Dec trip, I plan to do party mornings and hop in the evening.

Party day, for sure. People will schedule a regular ticketed day at MK on another day of the week.

This is great news! Our little boys will knock out early so we're leaving at dinner time each day so planned Magic Kingdom for party days.

No question - I would go on the party day. We were there last year in November, and we went to Magic Kingdom 3 times... once on a party day, once on a non-party day to see fireworks, and once on a Saturday. Saturday was SOOO much more crowded than the rest of the week. I would never choose MK on a Saturday if I had another option.

Honestly, I'd go the day that MK closes at 4:30 over the party day! We went that day last year (in November) and the park was EMPTY! We did everything we wanted to do, including multiple rides on some favorites, especially if you get there at rope drop. Truly one of the best days ever at MK!

Hhmmm, never even considered the 4:30 close day. The party day fits in well with our plans so I think we will go then. When the TA threw out the option of doing MK on a Sat, I was really concerned about the crowds, especially as there are 3 party days in the week plus the early close - even more people will choose the Sat.

Last year we hopped over to MK on a Wednesday around 7:00pm (non party) only bc it was the only day/time we could get a SDMT FP for. The FP line was backed up so far away from the entrance that you couldn't see the entrance from where we stood at end of it. It was so thick you could barely move around in MK. We rode and pushed through to Gaston's for a LeFou's Brew before hightailing it right back out of MK. So if that bad on a non party Wednesday, I'd hate to see it on a Saturday. (We'd been watching the wait times off and on all day for MK trying to see if we could run over and squeeze in a standby ride or 2 but it was awful all day long.)

Hhmmm, never even considered the 4:30 close day. The party day fits in well with our plans so I think we will go then. When the TA threw out the option of doing MK on a Sat, I was really concerned about the crowds, especially as there are 3 party days in the week plus the early close - even more people will choose the Sat.

Saturday is going to be crazy, but hopefully you will have gotten through most of your must-dos on the party day such that "camping out" for HEA won't be a huge pain. I hate the parties for this very reason - or at least four parties in a week. :sad2:

I totally get that the 4:30 day doesn't fit with your plans, but remember the other parks will be more crowded as other people avoid MK that day, too. ;)

On the 4:30 MK day, we are heading to Universal. Our other MK day is a Monday non-party day so I hope we can get everything done with repeats of our favs in those 2 days. We are 2 adults so there are a few things we won't bother with.

On the 4:30 MK day, we are heading to Universal. Our other MK day is a Monday non-party day so I hope we can get everything done with repeats of our favs in those 2 days. We are 2 adults so there are a few things we won't bother with.

Oh! Then you've got it made! I just got back from a trip - just me and my DH. I can't believe how much easier it is to do ANYTHING with just two people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter