Which Zoo would you prefer

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
We are traveling to Ontario for vacation this summer and I would like to go to the zoo. I just love a good zoo.

Which is better Elmvale Jungle Zoo or the Toronto Zoo?

Thanks again for assisting with our Canadian Vacation Plans.

Another suggestions for 2 teenagers and 2 adults would be great we are staying in the Barrie area.

Laura

Not there is anything wrong with the Elmvale Jungle Zoo, but it is very small and it reminds me of Gatorland, without the Gators!LOL

With two teens, I would definately check out Wasaga Beach! There they have rides, slides, shops, and mini golf!

Hope this helps

Scratch

:smooth:

The Toronto Zoo is a very big zoo. It has it all and it seem's like you have been walking for a long time when your there, because you have. It's a very nice zoo to see almost every animal around.

Curious I should see this this morning, as I just said goodbye to my inlaws who were heading home to Elmvale.

If you're looking for a true zoo experience, hit the Toronto Zoo. The Elmvale Jungle Zoo is a wonderful attraction - for a town with population 1800, that is. But I'd agree with Scratch about checking out Wasaga Beach, particularly since you're going to be in the Barrie area anyway. In addition to the attraction she mentions, there's also go-cart rides and a water park in town as well. And the beach is one of the best anywhere - even if the water has a tendancy to be a little cold. :)

- Mike

MikeJ where are the go carts we wanted to do that also. I thought that would be a fun family thing to do. Of course I'll probably chicken out and just take pictures of everyone else doing it.

thanks,

Laura

Laura,

There are a couple of tracks in the area - the one closest to Wasaga Beach is the Wasaga 500, just east of town. If you were planning to head a little further west towards Collingwood, there's also the Blue Mountain Go-Karts on Hwy 26 between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood. (I couldn't find a web page for it, unfortunately.) I've driven by both, but never stopped - so I can't comment on which one might be better.

There's also the Balm Beach go carts in Balm Beach, north of Wasaga, but I'm not sure they'd be worth the extra drive.

- Mike

If your kids like rides, you could also take the short drive down the 400 to Canada's Wonderland. It's a great park with lots of different rides including about 8 different coasters if they're into that sort of thing. Here's the link for it. http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/

Thanks for the go-kart info.

Baboo - we do plan on going to canada-wonderland park also.

Once I get our itinerary together I'll post so you guys can critique it and let me know if there is a must see that I've missed.

What do you all think about the scenic caves, the candy factory (can't remember where it is) and the Blue Mountain Pottery?

Thanks again for all your assistance in planning our family vacation.

Laura

A descendant of a Newfie

Caves, you've seen one you've seen them all!

Candy Factory, if you have a sweet tooth!

Blue Mountain Pottery, if you're into that sort of thing!

Skip those.

Scratch

:smooth:

Go to the Toronto Zoo for sure.

As a kid I remember going to the candy factory every summer. Also, the blue mountain slide ride is lots of fun. You take a chair lift to the top. Its got lots of twists and turns and you can control the speed yourself with the brake. Its been a while since I was there so I'm not to sure if anything has changed.

Candy Factory? Ok I have lived in Toronto all my life and I have never heard of this...what is it, and more importantly where is it?
Thanks

disney funseeker is talking about Collingwood. The bluemountain slide ride is at the blue mountain ski resort. You get to ride down a concrete track on a wheeled sled. The candy factory is a candy factory/store. You get to look through a window and watch the candy being made. At least that's how I remember it but it has been quite a while since I've been there.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter