Whispering Canyon or Trails End

Wes1stTrip2016

DIS Veteran
We will spend most of Sunday 10/7 at MK before catching a boat (I only plan to do this as I know my son will see it as an extra ride)!

We have done WCC before and enjoyed it, but I was thinking of maybe changing our ADR to Trails End instead and walking around the campground after...maybe ending up at Chip & Dales singalong.

My original plan was: bus to MK, boat to WL, Uber back to Pop.

If we did Trails End instead - I am thinking it might be more difficult/longer to get back to Pop. Would you boat back to MK and bus back to Pop?

ALSO: Any suggestions on a different fun restaurant that we can reach by boat from MK?

Thanks in advance!

Trail's End is my all time favorite at Disney. It will be a buffet, for dinner (no characters). Just know, except for the marina area, beach, and shop that's by the restaurant, there is no walking around the campground. It's huge. You will have to take the internal bus system to get around. A straight line from front to back is a mile. The sing along is in the middle.

I thought WCC was just okay but am looking forward to Trail's End Brunch on our next trip. It generally gets good reviews.

ALL of the monorail resorts also have boat launches if you want to take a boat there so if the goal is to take a boat, you have a few options

I didn’t know over WCC, but I loved the campfire with Chip and Dale. It was kind of a hassle to get to from MK, but it would be perfect to combine dinner and the campground. It’s also really neat to get over there. It’s unlike anywhere else at Disney.

We will spend most of Sunday 10/7 at MK before catching a boat (I only plan to do this as I know my son will see it as an extra ride)!

We have done WCC before and enjoyed it, but I was thinking of maybe changing our ADR to Trails End instead and walking around the campground after...maybe ending up at Chip & Dales singalong.

My original plan was: bus to MK, boat to WL, Uber back to Pop.

If we did Trails End instead - I am thinking it might be more difficult/longer to get back to Pop. Would you boat back to MK and bus back to Pop?

ALSO: Any suggestions on a different fun restaurant that we can reach by boat from MK?

Thanks in advance!
100% Trails End. We've done both and didn't mind WCC but we loved Trails end. Yes, either way I'd boat back to mk and bus to pop.

We love Trails End. The food is wonderful and even though we have not attended the Chip and Dale sing-along, it sounds like great fun. On our last visit to Trails End, I commented to my husband while sitting on the porch waiting to be called how peaceful it was and hard to believe that a theme park was only a boat ride away. I feel it is a great break from the hustle and bustle of the parks with delicious all you can eat food in a great atmosphere.

I would do Trails End. I would then boat back to MK and catch the Pop bus. You can walk around the camp grounds. It is huge you just have to decide how far you want to walk. Watch the electric parade from the beach by Trails End.

Both restaurants have great appeal to hearty eaters since there are unlimited amounts of food. Both are extremely noisy (Trail's End reminds me of a fancy Golden Corral - in a good way - and WCC can be intimidating for those who like to eat their meals in peace) but both are certainly worth a look if you've never been there.

I would do Trails End. I would then boat back to MK and catch the Pop bus. You can walk around the camp grounds. It is huge you just have to decide how far you want to walk. Watch the electric parade from the beach by Trails End.

If I time it right we could potentially see the fireworks from the beach as well correct?

We will have our car - I am considering driving to MK that morning then boat over & back to car.

Trail's End is my all time favorite at Disney. It will be a buffet, for dinner (no characters). Just know, except for the marina area, beach, and shop that's by the restaurant, there is no walking around the campground. It's huge. You will have to take the internal bus system to get around. A straight line from front to back is a mile. The sing along is in the middle.

We did HDDR our last trip (Feb 2016) - is Trails End in the same area? I remember there being a playground that my son enjoyed with the other kids.

We did HDDR our last trip (Feb 2016) - is Trails End in the same area? I remember there being a playground that my son enjoyed with the other kids.

That's correct- its right next to HDDR. The playground is pretty good, with swings and slides, and one side of the porch at Trail's End faces the playground, so its a nice place for parents to sit and watch their kiddos play!

We like both and have had good meals at both, so I don't think you can go wrong with either. WCC is table service while Trail's End is a buffet. If you order the all you can eat platter at WCC, its served family style between you and anyone else who ordered it (if any). We prefer the ambiance of WCC better, overlooking WL. Its also nice to stroll around the grounds at WL before or after our meal. So we give the edge WCC for this reason.

As far as other restaurants you can reach by boat from MK, any of the restaurants at Grand Floridian, Contemporary or Polynesian have a water taxi I believe. So Grand Floridian Cafe, the Wave, or Kona might be good options too for a TS meal without characters.

That's correct- its right next to HDDR. The playground is pretty good, with swings and slides, and one side of the porch at Trail's End faces the playground, so its a nice place for parents to sit and watch their kiddos play!

And if I remember correctly, enjoy an adult beverage! :P

We LOVE Trail's End!! It's super easy to get there from MK, and then just reverse it to get back. We typically stay at Pop and do not find the trip long/frustrating.

We LOVE Trail's End!! It's super easy to get there from MK, and then just reverse it to get back. We typically stay at Pop and do not find the trip long/frustrating.

I have decided on Trails End, since we did WCC last trip! I got an ADR for 4:45 - so what time should we leave MK to catch the boat?

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter