Whispering Canyon vs. Artist Point

AKVFamily

Mouseketeer
1) Would you prioritize dining at Whispering Canyon or Artist Point?
2) If you have to choose, would you prefer Whispering Canyon breakfast or dinner?

It really depends on what you’re looking for. Whispering canyon is a ton of fun. If you have elementary or middle school aged kids they will LOVE it. Unless you have kids that don’t like loud noise or a lot of commotion - then it may not be for you. I would do dinner for the ketchup antics. Artists Point is more fine dining. If you have a princess lover you may prefer it, although my kids were terrified of Grumpy and the evil Queen when we went. My youngest kid hid under the table the entire time and my older daughter was afraid the evil Queen wouldn’t realize she wasn’t really Snow White (she was wearing her princess dress).

Last edited:
There are no similarities between Whispering Canyon and the former Artist Point, especially since they turned AP into character dining with a fixed price menu. You need to check the menus to see what you like. We are not fond of the food on the Whispering Canyon dinner menu, but a lot of people love it. :)

Last edited:
We are doing both on our next trip as we are staying at the resort - they are completely different. We prefer WCC breakfast to their lunch/dinner offerings. If you want a more casual meal, do WCC. If you want more of an "experience" with characters and themed dining, do AP.

If you go to WC I suggest the Breakfast LATELY. They serve Breakfast Lunch combined I believe it was until 2. If yo have multiple people yo can order different Skillets and share so long as EVERYONE orders a Skillet. The ribs are just not that good anymore but everything else that comes in the Skillet was great especially the Pulled pork - also served at Roaring Fork- With breakfast everything was good the Mickey/Minnie waffles are far better fresh then at a CS but in general Disney Bacon is iffy at best years ago they had much better quality. For Dinner if you are looking for Ribs you will be disappointed but if there is something else on the menu it is still very good including the apple pie desert.

There were no antics at all last year at Whispering Canyon. Our server was nice and efficient but no guarantee of antics and fun I guess.

Like others mentioned, they're really apples and oranges. A loud, fun BBQ vs a higher end character meal. It would depend on who I was with.

I've only had dinner at both restaurants. Food is delicious at both restaurants. I prefer Whispering Canyon because it's a more casual, fun atmosphere and is lower priced.

Except for character dining, I skipped signature restaurants but would go back to Artist Point. I also like the Snow White characters.

We really enjoyed breakfast at WC. The berries that came with DH’s waffle were so good, I had some too!
1676252379213.jpeg

My kids are dying to go back to WC. They still talk about the ketchup antics 4 years after our last trip! But I keep hearing that the antics haven’t been happening, or that they have, so I’m confused. I’d rather not devote a meal there if no shenanigans. Any other recent reports?

We did both last trip. We are only doing AP when we go again next month. We liked Whispering Canyon but not a must do for us.

We love WC breakfast and Dinner, its just a fun place to eat. Artist Point is a great place to go if your into the Character thing...we prefer WC especially when staying at the Wilderness Lodge

1. I would prioritize Artist Point because I rank it as the best Character meal at Disney right now. We did them both Thanksgiving 2022, and WC breakfast last a few years ago now. WC ends up being just a BBQ meal with some antics. Artist Point gives you better quality food and a more upscale atmosphere. Our daughter, 7, and son, 9, both love the meet and greet. She loves being a princess with Snow White, he gets to be grumpy and goofy with the other two (and tell mom that is just like the evil queen.) Artist Point feels like you did something Disney, not just a meal.
2. Depends on where you are staying and what you want but generally I prefer the breakfast. We rank the BBQ as just ok while the breakfast is better than most; just not sure it is out of the way nice. For lunch, going to Wilderness Lodge in general is a nice break from Magic Kingdom so WC makes sense then. However, we prefer Geyser Point to WC for the relaxing break meal.

1) Would you prioritize dining at Whispering Canyon or Artist Point?
2) If you have to choose, would you prefer Whispering Canyon breakfast or dinner?
It depends on the experience you're looking to have.
Artist Point was one of our signatures for a while until it's last few years before the storybook changeover. The food experience there is more in line with fine dining. Whereas Whispering Canyon is a fun, loud theme environment and BBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter