"white out" marker??

Tinker Gal

Earning My Ears
Hey Gang!!

OK, here I am...mid 40s...had to have braces put on (again) yesterday! My first thought when I found out was, "Oh no, all my WDW & 1st DCL pics will be ruined by my brace face"! So, yes, that's a little dramatic & I'll still have a good time & have my pic made (hey, they all pics document times in our lives, right? Hair changes...weight changes). But on to the real question...

If I want to 'erase the brace', does anyone know of a white acid-free marker that would work well on pictures?

Thanks for any suggestions!! :)

Don't know of a marker, but personally I think you should leave the pics as is. The pictures will reflect you at this time of your life.

I can give you one bit of good advice when it comes to braces though, never, and I mean never have your orthodontist tighten your braces before a holiday. My mother always scheduled my ortho appts the day before Thanksgiving, Christmas break, Easter vaca because we would have a half day of school and she could take me in the afternoon. My mouth always hurt too much to enjoy much of the holiday foods. Thank goodness the braces came off!

I'm not aware of any such product for existing photos, but why don't you edit the photo before being printed. That way you can remove the braces from the picture and it won't appear tampered with. I would think with some form of pen, you're gonna see residue of some sort. Besides unless your teeth are perfectly white, chances are the color of the white out isn't going to match the shade of your teeth.

I understand your wanting to do this. I had braces as an adult and even had them put on shortly after my oldest was born. My son was born almost two years later so all his newborn and baby shots and most of my daughter's baby photos are with me in braces. I hate those pictures of me, they look just horrible.

I would really look into photo editing. If you don't have Photoshop, there are free ones on the internet. Just google "free photo editing" and you'll have a few options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter