Who do I write to?

Hutch

Earning My Ears
I have to write to somebody and get my complaint heard. Heres the deal:

My family, (two daughters, 4 and 12, wife and I.) had a great time at MK, AK and MGM. Our visit to Epcot however was soured. We Fast Passed the Test track and arrived to ride it during our indicated time. Alls well so far. We work through the queue and arrive at the turnstyle where they collect the fast passes. The CM taking them points us to the far wall and for us to fill in all available space. We did as told. The doors opened after a short time and we all entered into the briefing room. After the briefing the next set of doors opened and we were queued out to the left and towards the CM that was appointing your spot for the next ride. I arrived at the CM and stated "four" and she said, "NO, Your in the single rider line, You go to # "X" and points to my 12 yo and says you to "Y". She says to my wife, You go to whatever the # was she told her, My wife says in reply, With my daughter? (she's holding my 4yo's hand. the CM, in no uncertain terms says no, you go over there, she'll ride over there and points to a row three people away. My wife insists that she and my daughter ride together and the CM became agitated and told her she was in the single rider line and thats where they were going to ride. My wife was furious. If we were in the sngle rider line, we didnt intentionaly get in that line, we were instructed to be where we were by another CM. A nice older woman told my wife she would look after our daughter while on the ride. The line was stacking up and the CM was becoming more of a Bit**. All the CM had to do was let one person go ahead of my wife and everything would have been fine and my wife and daughter could have ridden together but I guess that was too much effort. I went back through the line just so I could get her name and where she was from so we could write a complaint.

Where and to who should we write? I am still ticked about the whole deal. :( :mad:

That is SO odd because in order to be in the single rider's line, you have to have a pass that says "SINGLE RIDERS-YOU WILL BE SEPARATED FROM YOUR PARTY" and you are told that multiple times when you're in that line, and you don't give that pass until you get up to the CM, so when you didn't have the pass, they should've sent you to the proper line, not forced your little girl to ride alone....That's stupid. Their own rules state that children under 7 cannot ride without an adult. Just out of curiousity, when you got to the front, and were looking at the CM, were you on the right side or the left side? I'm trying to figure out how you got into the single line since it's roped off to only come out of room 1...someone had to have let you in or something, you wouldn't have done it on your own...

Ideally, you should have found a lead or manager right then and there or, at the very least, reported it at Epcot that day, as opposed to waiting until you got home. That's always the best way to deal with something like this, because reaction and change can be immediate.

That said ... you need to gather as much info as you have regarding the date and time of the occurance and the name of the Cast Member. If you don't have that basic info, it will be really difficult for anyone to do much more than double-check to make sure that the CMs are sending people to the right line. If you don't have the name of the CM, then you need to include as many details as you can -- hair color, glasses, male / female, etc -- so that the person in question can be found and reminded about guest service policies. Write a letter that is short, just the facts, and as non-emotional as you can make it. Remember that the person reading the letter is not the person who caused the problem. You want them to sympathize with you, not feel as if they're getting yelled at because of something someone else did.

If you feel you need or deserve some form of compensation for what happened -- day passes to Epcot or something -- ask for it. If you want a response, ask for it. I know that seems obvious, but a lot of people write to Disney with complaints, but never specify what they want as a result. Then they get mad because Disney never writes back. It's a big company .... there's lots of mail. If you want them to contact you, tell them that. And then give them a reasonable amount of time to receive, read, forward, review, and investigate your complaint. Don't mail a letter on Monday and expect an answer by Friday.

Write to :

Guest Letters
ATTN : Test Track Cast Complaint
Walt Disney World
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

You can also cc: your letter to Brad Rex, who is the VP in charge of Epcot. Same address.

:earsboy:

Thank you for your replies. Thank you for the address too.

When we arrived at the CM, we were on the left side. As I stated before, we just went where we were instructed to go. We have the CM Name and her home town. As for complaining right then, we didnt want the children to go through that while we were on Vacation.

Thanks again.

Did you get the name of the CM that directed you to the end room? That is where the mistake was made. The CM you were dealing with was just doing her job. Maybe she didn't handle it to your satisfaction but if she let everyone through that insisted they were in the wrong area there would be lots of confusion.

I also agree that you should have mentioned something while you were there.

Go ahead and write the letter. Hopefully the CM's will pay better attention in the future.

Yeah, you must have filled in too much....go on the left side of that rope and you're in single riders line, although they still should've sent you to the other line when you didn't have the ticket...Even the door in that room that you have to go through says single rider line....stinks though, sorry it happened to you, but the blame is definitely not on the one that separated you, it's the one that told you to fill in space and didn't watch to make sure you didn't go down the wrong path...I'd be cautious with the letter as you wouldn't want to get the wrong person in trouble! The last woman was just doing her job, I agree it would mess up the lines if they did it, like safetymom said.

I don't see any harm in writing the letter. However, definetly be careful about name dropping. Each person has there job, and a lot of people do try to pull "things" at WDW. That was clearly not the case here, however, they see so much of it that they have to stand firm. You don't want to get the wrong person in trouble. I realize the CM wasn't sympathetic to your situation, and that does stink. However, she was doing her job it sounds like. There was defintely a goof up, I do hope you had a good trip in spite of this incident. In your situation, I think I would of taken my 4yr old out of line w/ myself and spoken w/ a different CM not in the loading area. It is too hectic there and they really don't have a lot of time to straighten these things out. Then you could of hopefully gotten right back on it the correct line.

Various addresses for the corporation are available at the top of the rumours and news board - clicky :)

Thanks be to DVC-Landbaron - I may never agree with him, but he does try :p

Rich::

I usually never complain about anything because generally disney never does anything about it. Like when the poly ceiling fell down in our room, nothing was done. We were going to the beach club that day anyway, but we just got back from our easter trip and while there we had a bus ride and bus driver from ****. I couldnt get his name, but we got the bus number and as soon as we got to the room dh called up. We couldnt get his name because the drivers changed and our trip lasted over 1 hour and did not stop at our resort. We were allowed to have a 1 way pick up in a personal disney company van. The ds refused since it was only 1 way and little ds already had the bad trip once. But I am now finding you must do something to get it resolved immediately. All this I learned from these boards. The supervisor admitted to my husband he was having personnel problems and a shortage of bus drivers that is why he grouped all the epcot resorts on one bus. That will be more detailed in the trip report I havent written yet. Good luck.

Originally posted by luvmarypoppins
I usually never complain about anything because generally disney never does anything about it.

Try writing to those addresses in the link above. I've been told - repeatedly - that you get a personal, efficient and good response nine times out of ten.

Rich::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter