Who Doesn't Love A Golf Cart Story????

Louisianafive

Mouseketeer
Monday, October 20, 2008
MORGAN, Utah - A Utah sheriff's office has found that it shouldn't underestimate the golf cart as a getaway car. A suspect in a souped-up cart managed to elude officers who pursued him last month through an alfalfa field - but only for a while. He was arrested the next day at his grandmother's house.

Officers started pursuing the driver after he was spotted spinning out in a city park in Morgan. He took off into an alfalfa field and jumped irrigation ditches that the sheriff's cruisers couldn't cross.

Morgan County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Peay suspects the cart was fitted with a car engine instead of the original electric motor.

---

I doubt it was an actual car engine...but it was obviously a gas engine. Really not enough room for a car motor and transmission back there....its kinda nice to know the "criminal" was only doing donuts, and the cops found that reason enough to engage in a high speed chase, lose him, and take the time the next day to track him down at granny's house.....gotta keep those hardened criminals out of the alfalfa fields where so much harm can be done to others!!

I doubt it was an actual car engine...but it was obviously a gas engine. Really not enough room for a car motor and transmission back there....its kinda nice to know the "criminal" was only doing donuts, and the cops found that reason enough to engage in a high speed chase, lose him, and take the time the next day to track him down at granny's house.....gotta keep those hardened criminals out of the alfalfa fields where so much harm can be done to others!!

Utah is Mormon territory. Off-road golf carting is illegal there. I read it on Wikipedia.

I tried calling Tungpo but no answer.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Maybe he didn't post bail yet.

His cart has a 24hp Honda motor and if I remember correctly will go in the 50 mph range. It's a badazzzzz cart. He can outrun Disney po po for sure.

Id like to know what kinda childhood the guy had who decided "I wanna be an alfalfa farmer when I grow up."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter