Who has used a Lei Greeting company in Hawaii?

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
DSis has never been to Hawaii. We are going to Big Island before we go to Aulani. I would like to have a Lei Greeting waiting for her when we deplane in Kona. Can anyone recommend a particular company or style of lei?

DSis has never been to Hawaii. We are going to Big Island before we go to Aulani. I would like to have a Lei Greeting waiting for her when we deplane in Kona. Can anyone recommend a particular company or style of lei?
I don't have any company recommendations as I've always been the greeter with lei in hand. There are multiple vendors at the airports where you could buy them there. Just look at the mail-order sites and company sites to see what you like. For this situation just a basics Orchid lei would be fine. Expect to pay maybe $30 entry level and a fair amount more if you upgrade the lei for a greeting. Unfortunately I don't have a good feel for where the vendor prices are at present.

I have used the lei company through hawaiian airlines. You can find their info on their website. We just used them for our trip in May (first stop was Kona) and I want to say it was $15 per person.

We did this when we were on the Big Island two years ago, and I was disappointed. It was expensive or one, and it just felt anti-clamatic. You will be met over by baggage claim, not where you de-board. And unless you upgrade, the lei's they give you are the standard orchids. I wish I remembered the name of the company we used. If I were to do it again, there is a little florist shop by baggage claim that sells beautiful lei's for less than what I paid for the service. I would have gone that route instead, had I known.

Picking one up to present to her yourself on the Big Island might be a nice idea and when you get to Aulani it will be extra nice when they present to both of you at your arrival.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize that the leis wouldn't be on the other side of security, though I should have figured that would be the case. I think I will just check out that florist and choose one for her. Then I know it will be one that is lovely and fragrant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter