Who Here is From Texas?

Arlington here...only been here a year, moved and orginally from Waco!

Medina. Apple Capital of Texas. As crazy as it sounds, trying not to go again until 2009 - bet I cave in though.:rotfl: Have driven every time except for last August and boy was it SWEET to fly!!:banana:

Hi I'm new here and I'm from Tyler, about two hours east of Dallas.

We are going in 2009, which is way too far off. We have driven twice, but my husband was such a baby about it last time that we are definately flying next time. Of course it helps that my little sis is a flight attendant and we get cheap airfare!

Hello....We are from Keller (Dfw area). I'm new to the boards...trying to learn as much as I can. We are planning a roadtrip June 7-14 for Disney.

Last time we flew...this time we are driving. This will be our first roadtrip with the kids. :scared1: We plan on leaving at 3 am and driving to maybe Tallahassee...still not sure.

Native Texan here! I live in New Braunfels, home of America's #1 waterpark- Schlitterbahn!

*New Braunfels is on I35 between Austin & San Antonio.

ETA: We've driven four times including July '07. We take two days (stayed overnight in Pensacola, FL); about 18 hours of driving. We've flown six times. Much prefer flying. The Orlando airport is nice!

:thumbsup2 Native Texas here too. Can you believe it, I have only been to Schlitterbahn once! ( and it was many years ago.) I loved it and would really like to go back, but I hear that it gets really crowded.

Ooooh, now that would be fun! Can you imagine how much excitement would be on that bus?:banana: :banana: :banana:

Shall I order a Margaretta machine for the rear of the bus? :cool1:

Native Texan here! I live in New Braunfels, home of America's #1 waterpark- Schlitterbahn!

*New Braunfels is on I35 between Austin & San Antonio.

ETA: We've driven four times including July '07. We take two days (stayed overnight in Pensacola, FL); about 18 hours of driving. We've flown six times. Much prefer flying. The Orlando airport is nice!

Oh, I have been there a few time!! Lots of fun!:yay: I used to live in Wimberley and San Antonio. I sure do miss the hill country but I don't miss my cedar allergies.:sick:

A margarita machine - yummy!:cool1:

:crazy2:
Hello....We are from Keller (Dfw area). I'm new to the boards...trying to learn as much as I can. We are planning a roadtrip June 7-14 for Disney.

Last time we flew...this time we are driving. This will be our first roadtrip with the kids. :scared1: We plan on leaving at 3 am and driving to maybe Tallahassee...still not sure.

We are going June 15-20th - so we will just miss one another. For our last trip, we drove non-stop (well, we did stop for potty breaks, lots of coffee, and to eat).:scared: DH drove the whole way and two hour before we drove through the big sign, he didn't think that he could make it. I had stayed up the whole time due to sheer excitement:woohoo: and I new that there was no way that I could drive. My DM was also with us, but she was exhausted. Our problem is that we did not sleep much the night before so we were already zombies to begin with! :eek:

So here's my advice: try to get as much sleep as possible the night before and take turns driving. Oh, and look for all of the Waffle Houses on the way. I have never been so tired of seeing a Waffle House in all of my life as I was on our trip up there!:rolleyes:

:thumbsup2 Native Texas here too. Can you believe it, I have only been to Schlitterbahn once! ( and it was many years ago.) I loved it and would really like to go back, but I hear that it gets really crowded.

I'm a season pass-holder! :cool1:

New Braunfels here orgin. mesquite though

Wow! Small world.

Oh, I have been there a few time!! Lots of fun!:yay: I used to live in Wimberley and San Antonio. I sure do miss the hill country but I don't miss my cedar allergies.:sick:

Cedar fever...oh, the misery!!!

Love! Love! Love! Schlitterbahn. Can't say enough good things about it.

Maybe we need to start schliboards.com. Schboards.com? Schlitboards.com?

Another one from the Dallas area here! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter