who is doing a Pro Internship in 09?

Does anyone know what's appropriate to wear to check in?? I know the emails have said wear comfortable clothes and shoes, but are jeans/flip flops okay? Or do we need to be in 100% Disney Look?

I'm wearing professional dress (well just a button up shirt and nice pants). I don't know who I'll run into at casting while checking in.

Just remember to be in the Disney Look in regards to shaving/hair/etc because they won't take your picture for your ID if you arn't.

I'm wearing professional dress (well just a button up shirt and nice pants). I don't know who I'll run into at casting while checking in.

Me, too. I agree, I want to look professional anytime I'm dealing with job-related things, you just never know!

After 2500 miles and a $600 emergency fuel pump replacement I am moved into my apt. I wish everyone safe travels on your drive or flight.
Hopefully I will meet some of you guys tomorrow at BWW's and I will be the one in the artichoke shirt.
Also I am wearing jeans and flip flops to check-in since that is my idea of comfortable and I am not going to get everything unpacked by then.

After 2500 miles and a $600 emergency fuel pump replacement

Oh NO!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :guilty:It must have been the curse of the car, because I had to have a complete coolant system overhaul on mine when it died last week to the tune of $800. No bueno, as DD would say...

Glad you made it safely and hope to see you soon!

Oh NO!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :guilty:It must have been the curse of the car, because I had to have a complete coolant system overhaul on mine when it died last week to the tune of $800. No bueno, as DD would say...

Glad you made it safely and hope to see you soon!

It was like the one thing that didn't get touch, I did a coolant flush, brake pads, struts, shocks, oil change and tire rotation/ allignment. Needless, to say only making it an hour past Tombstone,AZ seemed like a sign. A very bad sign but it was smooth sailing after that. Sorry to hear about the coolant overhaul least it's something you don't need to worry about.

Are you talking about changing apartments in the Disney provided housing? It's $50.

If you're talking about your PI helping you move, then it varies based on role (most are not offered anything).

I think he might be asking what 'relocation pay' means in general, since the question was 'what is', and not 'how much is'. Not sure though.

If thats the case.... relocation pay means a company helping to pay costs that are commonly incurred for moving to a new location, in order to work for that company.

Just got my location...All Star Resorts! Not my first pick, but I'm not looking a gift pony in the mouth. ;) I'm just excited to finally know and I'm sure it will be awesome.

Just got my location...All Star Resorts! Not my first pick, but I'm not looking a gift pony in the mouth. ;) I'm just excited to finally know and I'm sure it will be awesome.

Congrats! Are you doing a Professional Internship? Which one did you get?

Wow! that's great! Congratulations!!! Was it hard to get?
Didn't you just finish a College Program?

Wow! that's great! Congratulations!!! Was it hard to get?
Didn't you just finish a College Program?

I did just finish the CP. I'd applied for the management role last semester (for the Jan-June term), but that was when the economy collapsed and they all were cancelled. I opted for the CP instead for the experience/foot in the door. I received a call in March asking if I would still be interested "IF" something became available to which I said yes. On April 22nd (Earth Day), I received a call with an offer. So, yes and no on the hard part! I understand it was very competitive, and I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 of us who are in the same boat (missed out last semester, offered this chance).

I am so glad to see you have your assignment - I have been following your waiting to hear -- I am not even sure what type of PI you have but we often stay at All Stars (due to the great CM discount there and have loved it for years anyway).

We will be back next month but staying at Poly that trip.

Liz

You'll love it. I made the switch from working in parks to resorts and couldn't have been happier (granted it wasn't in merch but still the resorts have such a more laid back feel).

You'll love it. I made the switch from working in parks to resorts and couldn't have been happier (granted it wasn't in merch but still the resorts have such a more laid back feel).

That's good to know! I've been a little apprehensive, I'd kind of dreamed of managing at the MK and seeing the castle every day, but...I think I'll like the steady hours and the A/C! ;)

Hello everyone! I'm relatively new to this site and will be applying for the CP this Fall to participate in the Jan-May Internship. From what I can clearly see on this site Disney appears to be at a hiring freeze. I'm still currently in college don't have a degree yet and was wondering what my chances are of working the CP. I have a heck of a resume with a lot of management experience and people-people experience, including sales management experience,production experience,public speaking experience,technical experience etc.. What are the chances of Disney hiring a CP student after the CP is over? I was told I could extend the CP for 1 year if I wanted to. Is this true? What positions have the best development at your knowledge? My friend told me to join this site to get more info so I thought I would give it a try and I really like it. I wish all of you the very best of luck in getting PI at Disney

Nick :)

...will be applying for the CP this Fall to participate in the Jan-May Internship.

The Fall 2009 recruiting season is over, so if you have not already applied then the next available season for the CP would be spring 2010.

From what I can clearly see on this site Disney appears to be at a hiring freeze. I'm still currently in college don't have a degree yet and was wondering what my chances are of working the CP.

We are not on a full out freeze, but yes, jobs are hard to find. We are seeking out housekeepers right now, and 3rd shift custodial. However, the freeze does not affect CPs and you do not need a degree to do the CP or to get a regular hourly job with the company.

What are the chances of Disney hiring a CP student after the CP is over?

It depends on your role; housekeeping, food, and custodial are typically easier to get as FT, whereas Entertainment and Attractions have HUGE waitlists.

I was told I could extend the CP for 1 year if I wanted to. Is this true?

Correct. You can do any student programs for a consecutive year. That can be a year long CP, a year long PI, or a combination of both. You can also break up time between CPs and PIs to equal more than a year, it just can't be consecutive past a year.

What positions have the best development at your knowledge?

It depends on what you want. If you want the chance to learn a lot about management then any operations job is great for that, including attractions, park entrance, transportation, merch, food, etc. However, I would not recommend Entertainment for Management.

If you are looking for training experience then I'd go for something that has fewer cast members that they'll utilize CMs as trainers, costuming and foods are both good here.

The best development opportunities for me actually came from the CP courses. I did not receive credit for the classes, but still glad I did them because I learned a lot.

This is a great place to ask questions - feel free to read the abundant information in the multitude of threads and post any other questions you have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter