Who puts out the best Disney travel guide?

I, on the other hand, don't care much for the Passporter at all. Everyone talks about how negative the Unofficial Guide is, but I think the Passporter is much more negative. There is not one single attraction at WDW that Jennifer rates a 10 on a scale of 1-10, while TUG raves about many of the attractions. I do agree that his restaurant reviews are snobbish and some of his info is out of date. But I ordered the Passporter through the mail, never having seen it, and was bitterly disappointed by the size of it and amount of info in it. Maybe I'll feel different after our trip (if I can get organized enough to use it as a keepsake), but for planning, the only thing I like about it is the maps.

Musky

I read every one from the library but I buy Birnbaum's.

Cheryl :bounce:

I've become so obsessed I have my own stock of Disney Guide Books--I could be the library. Before discovering these boards, I read Unofficial Guide religiously, using the 1998 version. However, I disagree with his restaurant reviews completely--and notice that he has the exact reviews for restaurants from 1998 in the 2001 guide. I love the Wiley with kids book. I'll add one more for consideration--particularly if you are traveling with parents, or people in wheelchairs. Walt Disney World for Mature Travelers by Kerry Smith. It goes into great detail concerning the rides and required physical activity/limitations. I buy most of my books on sale, last years version, etc. But truly, most of the good useable info comes from these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter