Who to contact?

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
My sons “dream” is to be a cast member at WDW. He is almost 6 so this dream can change. But each time we go, he tries to copy all the CM and clips his water bottles to his pants, uses his grabber toys at home to pick up trash, etc.

Is there anyone I can contact that can kind of “hook him up” with being an “honorary” cast member for a few hours during our rest day during our next trip at our home resort at Saratoga springs. Nothing like outrageous, but like, help them pick up trash or with a trash bag, set things up or whatever, make him feel like a little “cast member” for an hour or so at the resort?

I know, this is weird..

Disney is very cautious around anything that even hints at potential litigation. I’d think your best chance is the community hall, maybe the lobby.

I agree this may be hard to pull off (the community hall suggestion is probably a good one though), but I do have one great memory from the "good old days". This was about 15 - 20 years ago and we were staying at the Yacht Club. Back then they had a greeter that met you at the door, greeted you and was available for any assistance. One morning we were leaving early to head to a park for rope drop. Our son was pretty little and the greeter stopped us and asked if he could be his assistant for a few minutes. He gave him a little sailer hat and had our son stand next to him to help greet incoming guests. Afterwards, a private van showed up to whisk us away to the park. My son (now almost 26) still has that hat! It's something none of us will ever forget.

Wait a minute, this could be a great cost saving measure for Disney - free labor - a child's dream and the company's dream come together! LOL

For a sample of this, check out the old ABC show Better Off Ted, their satire about big corporations was so on target! They had an episode where they were struggling to find savings so they started to use the kids that were in the company child care center as janitors. Genius!!

Now please, don't give Disney any ideas!!

I agree this may be hard to pull off (the community hall suggestion is probably a good one though), but I do have one great memory from the "good old days". This was about 15 - 20 years ago and we were staying at the Yacht Club. Back then they had a greeter that met you at the door, greeted you and was available for any assistance. One morning we were leaving early to head to a park for rope drop. Our son was pretty little and the greeter stopped us and asked if he could be his assistant for a few minutes. He gave him a little sailer hat and had our son stand next to him to help greet incoming guests. Afterwards, a private van showed up to whisk us away to the park. My son (now almost 26) still has that hat! It's something none of us will ever forget.
That is a great memory and stiff like that is a big reason why generations keep going back. Hopefully they realize that and bring back things like that!

Wait a minute, this could be a great cost saving measure for Disney - free labor - a child's dream and the company's dream come together! LOL

For a sample of this, check out the old ABC show Better Off Ted, their satire about big corporations was so on target! They had an episode where they were struggling to find savings so they started to use the kids that were in the company child care center as janitors. Genius!!

Now please, don't give Disney any ideas!!
It appears Better Off Ted dropped off Hulu recently, hopefully it comes back to some streamer. It was one of the funniest shows ever, at least for anyone who has worked for a big company.

Now I'm lost in the interwebs of clips...here's a clip from the day care labor episode:

My sons “dream” is to be a cast member at WDW. He is almost 6 so this dream can change. But each time we go, he tries to copy all the CM and clips his water bottles to his pants, uses his grabber toys at home to pick up trash, etc.

Is there anyone I can contact that can kind of “hook him up” with being an “honorary” cast member for a few hours during our rest day during our next trip at our home resort at Saratoga springs. Nothing like outrageous, but like, help them pick up trash or with a trash bag, set things up or whatever, make him feel like a little “cast member” for an hour or so at the resort?

I know, this is weird..
Nothing ventured, nothing gained - maybe email DVC via the link on the member website? Might be seen by just the right person. Or go to the top, the DVC VP, Bill Diercksen - william.c.diercksen@disney.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter