Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

I did my Basic and Advanced Training for the Army in Alabama (Anniston). I did them both in the summer (Basic Summer of 1986 and Advanced in Summer of 1987) and both were Hot and Humid. Every day they would have the "Wet Bulb" out to make sure it was safe to train. There were many days, that we had to just Sit because it was too hot and the humidity was so high (saturated air) that even sweat wouldn't cool the body. So I can imagine what Mobile is like.

Try and stay cool!

I did some time at Anniston with the National Guard. They were only a ait training base at that point I think. I was there providing aviation support for an engineer batallion on AT. That was during the time Opp and several other cities had massive floods so we got activated to state duty to provide rescue and relief to residents.

Just wanted to let everyone know I found Ed a puzzle that everyone can help on next year and still not hope to finish. It took 14 people 1800 hours to complete.

We'd have to stay at Gulf a month to get that monster finished!
Okay... I am game! :)

I just wish I could go spend a month doing something like that.

My dad is a big puzzle person. He always talks about one of the hardest puzzle he had done was a smaller one. The picture was of "Mixed Nuts" and nothing else. I want to say that it was only like a 100 - 200 piece puzzle but he said it was probably one of the hardest ever.

The hardest puzzle I can every remember trying to put together. Was one of the 2 sided puzzles with colors all most the same on both sides. It took us forever to put that thing together.

Yeah, some puzzles are just "CRAZY" to do. My dad likes the puzzles but when they get so crazy ridiculous like a 2 sided 3D puzzle. Ugh!

Jedi_Howard you should book with us during Memorial Day week if you can. We're gonna have a crowd. The more the merrier.

Okay so I figured if the truck got a new tattoo it was only fair that I get one. Mine is a little more permanent. Figured while we were there I'd include the wife. Mine is of course Fireman Mickey on my calf. And the wife got her a small one on her wrist.

am much as i would love to go down a little earlier my wife still has post planning days for school that next week she cannot miss. :(

am much as i would love to go down a little earlier my wife still has post planning days for school that next week she cannot miss. :(

Too bad maybe y'all could make a day trip on the afternoon when we have the official party.

Heck now Gulf is gonna become almost as hard to get into as the Fort.

Glad you had a good trip, howard. What road/site did you get while you were there?

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter