Who was at the birth of your children? (besides drs and nurses)

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Son #1.....just my SIL as DH (first husband) was stationed elsewhere and couldn't get there
Son #2 .......DH and my Mom
Son #3.....just DH

Just DH. When DS was born, my parents were waiting right outside the door. They were supposed to be in the waiting room down the hall, but snuck out. With both girls, we were at the hospital such a short time, no one else made it there until after they were born.

DS - DH only, party in the waiting room (I was there FOREVER and it was the first grandchild on both sides).
DD - DH only, mom was home with DS, ILs were waiting to be called after (scheduled c-section) but my dad was actually in the waiting from the whole time, didn't know until they asked if we were ready for him to come into the recovery room - it was very sweet.

My husband. I didn't want anyone else.

First birth ended with an emergency C-section after 20 hours of horrible labor (won't bore you with the details, but we both could have died.)

Second birth was a scheduled C-section......judge away, but I was not going to go through the first scenario again.

Third birth was a birth mother and I adopted!

Last edited:
Both daughters, just my husband and he nearly fainted BOTH times just before they popped out!

1 - hubby, best friend, best friend's mom, MIL, other best friend and her mom. Everyone was local and we are all close.

2 - hubby and MIL. Moved to Florida, otherwise it would have been another party! ;)

#1 - Son - my husband (at the time), my parents, his parents, and it seemed all of the medical students that were at the hospital at the time (he was born on a Sunday morning). I was in a birthing room, and they were on the "living room" side. My mom & his mom were in there with us when #1 son was born.

#2 - Daughter - my husband (at the time - same guy ;) ) and my mom. She was born 14 mos later and at 2am. I think my dad came to our house and stayed with my son while we went to the hospital.

For my first I made the mistake of letting my mom in the room. She irritated me so much. I was thankful when I was whisked off to the OR for my c-section.
DS #2 Just DH. My parents and in laws were in the waiting room.
DS #3 Just Dh. My parents, in laws, and both older boys were in the waiting room.
Proof that c-sections can be good for something. :lmao:

DD came much faster than expected and was born while I stood in the bathroom doorway and screamed for help. DH caught her adn was the only other person in the room at the time, but my mom was out to help for after baby was born and was in the room within a minute--long before the ambulance and firetruck arrived (actually she brought the phone so we could call them).

For DS, my husband was the only person other than medical personnel (which would have been the case with DD had all gone to plan)

#1 - MIL in the room with me (but many others in the waiting room)
#2 - DH
#3 - DH

#1 - DH and my mom
#2 - DH and my mom
#3 - DH - mom and MIL arrived too late, born at 3 am
#4 and #5 (c/s) - DH and my mom

I can't imagine not having my mom there, and she appreciated it so much. We were very close, and she lived for her grandkids.

Well that's a story. :rotfl2:

I was unmarried like the unbirthday party in Alice in Wonderland. I was technically divorced & days from an annulment during pregnancy. I left my well annulled idiot because of abuse before I even knew I was pregnant.

I had just started my career so took no time off until the birth. I just did the clerical while waiting. My BFF worked for another dept. down the street. So my water breaks 2 of guys I work with take to hospital , that call BFF. So in the room just before being kicked out was 2 guys I work with, my LT who came by, my BFF & her DH.
Oh and they were all in uniform & armed :rotfl2::rotfl2:
The Dr had no idea what was going on. Needless to say one of the nurses had to kick them out.

One other thing where I went you labored & delivered in the same room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter