who/what is "gifts of a lifetime"?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I have read about people associated with "gifts of a lifetime" on several posts and I was wondering if anyone could explain who these people are? are these the official disney co. engagement-help people? anyone have any contact and/or website info?

thanks for the help!

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/

hi,

we used gifts of a life time a few years ago, and it turned out excellent. We used the company to celebrate birthdays, and for a wedding vow renewal. Working with Jane was fun and worked out really well.

I used Jane and her services for our Honeymoon last November, both before and during our trip and it was great!

Before we left for WDW, I did a “10 days ‘til Disney” celebration, since we would be spending 10 nights in WDW. Each night my DW had a different present to open and a Disney movie to watch. Some of the presents were simple stuff like travel accessories, Disney socks, and books to read on the airplane. But with Jane’s help I was also able to present her with a WDW scrapbook, WDW photo album, WDW disposable camera, and WDW name tags. Jane also got for me a MK pressed penny, which I gave my DW on the first night with a note that said, “Present this coin at the Magic Kingdom Wishing Well for one free wish”. Little did she know what one penny would bring her!

Mid-way through our honeymoon was MK day, and unknown to my DW, I had scheduled an event with Jane to begin at 1:00 at the Wishing Well. To ensure that we went there on the right day at the right time, not only did I schedule a Steam Trains tour, but made a PS for Cindy’s at noon. We finished lunch earlier than I had planned, so I stalled as long as I could by spending nearly ten minutes in the restroom! After leaving Cindy’s, we walked over to the Wishing Well where a “lady” and her “kids” were camped out. DW didn’t want to throw her pressed penny into the well, so we each threw in a penny and made a wish. We then started to leave, but first I asked out loud where we were going next. Just then the “lady” who was with her kids approached my DW and asked her if she was my DW. She said yes, and the “lady” then told her that someone who loves her very much had arranged for her to go on a small “quest”. Then the fun started.

The “lady”, who was one of Jane’s assistants, then told my DW to close her eyes and count to 100. While she did so, I was told to go to one of the gift shops next to the castle, where I met Jane. You see, I had asked Jane to find a Mickey Mouse necklace for me to give to my DW. Jane found several, and e-mailed not only prices but pictures of each one. I made my selection, Jane made the purchase, and was now showing me the necklace before I was to give it to my DW. Very nice!

Meanwhile, back at the well, my DW opened her eyes only to find herself alone with a small card directing her to go ride the carousel. She did so (I saw her walk by the gift shop while I was talking to Jane!), and after she got off she was handed another card which directed her to ride Small World. While she was waiting in line, I was able to slip in behind her and join her. Her first question was, “What’s going on?”, to which I replied, “I don’t know – it is the Magic Kingdom after all!”. After Small World, I handed her a card directing us to Snow White, and after Snow White we headed back to the Wishing Well.

There, Jane performed a Disney Wed ceremony where we were sprinkled with Pixie dust while Jane read some Disney-ised wedding vows. When she was done, she motioned to me and I presented DW with the necklace, which “magically” appeared from my pocket.

All in all it was a wonderful experience, and both my DW and myself had a wonderful time. Jane and her pixies are first-class, all the way. And they do so many other things! If you want to surprise your significant other with something unique while at WDW, this is the only way to go.

Jane was also telling us how she also does the same kind of “quest”, but at the end is an engagement ring and a proposal. She told us about the time she was asked to bury a $10,000+ diamond ring in the sand on the beach at the Poly! She’s also a great resource for doing Disney shopping either before or after your trip!

I hope this helps – if you do use her services, you will not be disappointed!!!

:) :p :) :p

PS - Oh, and to answer your other question, Jane & Co. do not work for Disney – she is an independent company and has nothing to do with the WDW engagement/wedding people.

I also used Jane and Gifts of a Lifetime during our recent honeymoon. Jane was wonderful and set up this great scavenger hunt for my DH. It was based on Tigger Woods the golfer. To make sure we would be at the MK that day, I scheduled a breakfast at Crystal Palace....My DH loves Tigger and we found that the food was pretty good.

Then we had to go to the wishing well (the same one as you, Hambone!) to receive a clue. The clue told us to go to the Christmas store. As we did, we realized that we'd have to look in the sleigh that was just outside. There was a family playing on it, and it literally took ten minutes for us to be able to look inside it. There was a girl there who showed us a secret compartment in the sleigh. We found a small gift (I think they were Tigger tees) and another clue.

We ended up going all over the park (Tinkerbell's Toy Shop, the Market of Agrabah, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a couple other places). All the clues and gifts were hidden throughout, and man, did we look funny digging through bushes and looking in the fountains. All the gifts were great too. A plush golf Tigger, a bobbing-head Tigger, a hat...wonderful.

The last clue told us to ride the Haunted Mansion for our final gift. When we got there, the ride was broken down. Just at that moment, we heard a woman shout my DH's name. She explained that she had his last gift, a really nice Tigger golf shirt. Finally, Jane's whole family emerged (funny, the girl at the Christmas shop was there!). Jane had people planted all over the park to make sure we were able to find the gifts and also to make sure that other people wouldn't "steal" our hidden gifts. A month prior to being there, I had sent a picture of DH and myself so that they knew what we looked like.

This was a great event, and I would highly recommend using Gifts of a Lifetime and Jane. It can be pretty expensive depending on what you do. The Tigger Woods event was a little over $400 but well worth it!!!

P.S. Hambone- I see you're from Bel Air. Well, that would make us almost neighbors. I live in Havre de Grace...or at least used to. Just moved to Westminster...

LTHambone, LOL, Jane told you about MY ring!!! She did bury it in the sand at the beach of the poly. It was after our renewal ceremony. She did a wonderful job!!

I don't know if the ring was THAT much. but it is really pretty!!

Just so funny to read about something that happened to ME on the boards like this.

Just for fun, my hubby arranged to have another diamond ring given to me on our next trip...this one was BIGGER...but FAKE PLASTIC!! It was a joke of course! One day I'll get him back for that!

Originally posted by poohlover
I don't know if the ring was THAT much. but it is really pretty!!

I hate to tell you this, but the first ring was fake! It came from Wal Mart's discount bin! :p

But seriously, Jane said the ring looked like an expensive ring - she never knew the actual price. She also said she sat and watched the spot where the ring was buried and didn't move, or blink, until you guys came along!

Too funny! Just like the ride, it's a small world!

:)

Jane -

Hope I didn't start something here - this is just too funny!

Anyway, I just want you to know that sitting on my desk at work is the picture you took of my DW and I at the Wishing Well taken right after I presented her with her necklace. And of course, it is in a Micky Mouse frame!

Thank you so much Jane for making our honeymoon even that much more magical!

John

:) :) :)

Ok...Ok...MY turn!!!

Last November my DH and I went on a BIG Disney vacation with our 2 DD's to celebrate our 20th anniversary.....

I contacted Jane and she choreographed a fantastic surprise....

While we were eating dinner in O'hana a man (my DH thought it was a CM working for Disney) approached our table and asked if we were the Callahan family....Putting on my best *shocked* face, my DH and I said "yes"....He then proceeded to hand my DH a paper that looked like a treasure map. My DH unrolled it and read a poem that let us know that we were to go on a treasure hunt.

My DH, 2 DD's and I spent the rest of the dinner trying to figure out what was going on! (tee hee!! I should've won an academy award for THAT performance!!) Two nights ago my younger DD had rolled out of bed and hit her teeth on the frame and bent her teeth back. My Dh was convinced that this was something that the management at WL had worked out because of the trauma we went through having to have 2 teeth pulled on our vacation! (*ugh*!!) Of course, I agreed that it must be them!!

When we finished dinner, we went out onto the beach (as directed by the "map"). My DH suggested that I videotape our hunt while he narrated! ("Wow!! What a great idea, hubby!!" teee heee!!!)

After discovering a bottle with a message, we finally ended up at a "star" that marked the spot....My Dh dug down (narrating the entire time!teehee!) He discovered a wooden treasure chest. Inside was a bottle of champagne, 2 Mickey glasses, some goodies for the girls...then a smaller box...Inside was a gorgeous new diamond wedding ring for my DH with a message that read, "You are my greatest treasure! Love, Karen"

I wish you could all watch the video and see the expression on his face!!! It was priceless!!! We all cried!!! (Even my 2 DD's!!!)

It was one of the most memorable moments in our lives!!

My DH has the treasure chest in his office, filled with all the momentos of that evening!!! We have relived that evening soo many times! (My DH can't look at his ring w/o recalling the "event"!)

Thanks, Jane, for a phenomenal memory!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter