Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

I know what you mean about the ride photos adding up! We have only purchased a few of those over the years, one or two that were way too funny to pass up, or especially significant ones (like DS's first rime on RnRC, which was a huge personal milestone for him). Even with a family of 4, it they are prohibitively expensive. So I guess PhotoPass+ gives you access to ALL the pics? That is awesome!

ALOOOOOHA! :yay: Welcome, and I'm so glad you found this thread. I'm sorry I hadn't posted the link before. Six years is a long time! I hope you have that same magical feeling back home at the Poly! I will be adding you to post #2 right now.

I work nights, so my sleep pattern is all messed up as per my usual (though my problem is more with falling asleep at a "normal" hour, not so much staying asleep). Maybe, just maybe, my coffee and I will be with you in the GCH once or twice!

It will be great to finally be able to get all of them. I always skip them!

Yes, the PP+ gives you all of the pictures. Even the ones at restaurants like Chef Mickey's or Tusker House that are normally $35.

Well now I am going to have to update my PTR which I will happily do when i finish this bloody term paper I am working on. :)

Thanks so much!

The scavenger hunt is done by Jane at Gifts of A Lifetime. Basically we will be led on a scavenger hunt through Epcot to pick up pieces of Mr. Potato head because Sid has destroyed him. It will be a complete surprise and the gift at the end will be the Richard Petty. He is going to :faint:

Seriously, I'm that excited. We're getting married a week from Saturday. :cloud9:

That is beyond exciting. I wish you a perfect wedding day and hope to run into you at WDW!

Yes, please update your PTR! Paper schmaper! ;) Priorities, woman! :rotfl:

It will be great to finally be able to get all of them. I always skip them!

Yes, the PP+ gives you all of the pictures. Even the ones at restaurants like Chef Mickey's or Tusker House that are normally $35.

Uh-oh! Now I'm going to have to look into this! We are dining at both CM and Tusker House. We almost always buy the CM one...

10 days!!!! We just did on-line check-in for the first night of our split-stay: Contemporary Resort TPV!!! Next Friday at this time we'll be flying to MCO!

Hey, Fightinillini, where is that picture from? It really is breath taking!

I was just thinkin today, you are gonna be pretty off time wise coming from CA and all. Those 7:30 am wake-up times are gonna be pretty brutal for you.:worried:

Just did a little searching around the internet and found it a while back. It's been my desktop background ever since.

Yeah, the jet lag from Pacific time to Eastern time is going to be a little brutal. Hello, coffee! :surfweb:

Long time lurker (well, at least since June!)

This Poly trip was been in my dreams for quite some time. We stayed at AS Sport in 2008.

After doing the Spirit of Aloha luau and stepping foot at the Poly resort for the first time in Sept '08, we were completely BLOWN by how beautiful and serene the Poly was. So much that we "pool hopped" on our final day over to Poly to play at the pool for about an hour. (Mid-morning on a Wed so it was empty). This sold us on the property and DH and I vowed to make sure our next trip to WDW included a stay at the Poly.

So once I realized that we saved enough and could actually afford the Poly during the value season, I immediately called my TA friend who set us up and now the official 1 month countdown has begun!

This time, since my DD and DS are 10 & 11, we are going to focus on autograph collecting and continue pin trading. I'm looking forward to trying my first Dole Whip and tasting the Kona coffee I've heard so much about! We are signed up to do O'Hana breakfast with the characters on Mon 8/27 with a 10:45am ADR. (because I booked in June, a lot of ADRs were sold out :sad:)

TeamTilson will be there Aug 26-30. Can't wait! :stitch2:

This Poly trip was been in my dreams for quite some time. We stayed at AS Sport in 2008.

After doing the Spirit of Aloha luau and stepping foot at the Poly resort for the first time in Sept '08, we were completely BLOWN by how beautiful and serene the Poly was. So much that we "pool hopped" on our final day over to Poly to play at the pool for about an hour. (Mid-morning on a Wed so it was empty). This sold us on the property and DH and I vowed to make sure our next trip to WDW included a stay at the Poly.

So once I realized that we saved enough and could actually afford the Poly during the value season, I immediately called my TA friend who set us up and now the official 1 month countdown has begun!

This time, since my DD and DS are 10 & 11, we are going to focus on autograph collecting and continue pin trading. I'm looking forward to trying my first Dole Whip and tasting the Kona coffee I've heard so much about! We are signed up to do O'Hana breakfast with the characters on Mon 8/27 with a 10:45am ADR. (because I booked in June, a lot of ADRs were sold out :sad:)

Welcome, and congratulations on your first Poly trip! :goodvibes I know what you mean about visiting the property and being sold! On our first WDW family trip in 2001, we had dinner at 'Ohana and watched the fireworks and EWP from the beach, and we knew we HAD to stay there our next trip. We had to save several years for that one, but we made it, and now that we HAVE stayed at the Poly, it's difficult to stay anywhere else!

I hope your stay is all you dream it will be. Aloha!

We booked a last minute 4 day trip for our first Poly stay for Aug 18-21! DH has stayed at both the Contemporary and GF as a kid, but never Poly. And it is a surprise for DD (4). We are visiting family in the West Palm Beach area and decided to add a few days to visit Disney. One good thing about booking so late is there is not a ton of anticipation time.:cool1:

We booked a last minute 4 day trip for our first Poly stay for Aug 18-21! DH has stayed at both the Contemporary and GF as a kid, but never Poly. And it is a surprise for DD (4). We are visiting family in the West Palm Beach area and decided to add a few days to visit Disney. One good thing about booking so late is there is not a ton of anticipation time.:cool1:

Aloha and welcome! :banana: You are in for such a treat with your first stay at the Poly! Adding you to the list. Enjoy the beach AND WDW!!

That is beyond exciting. I wish you a perfect wedding day and hope to run into you at WDW!

Yes, please update your PTR! Paper schmaper! ;) Priorities, woman! :rotfl:

Uh-oh! Now I'm going to have to look into this! We are dining at both CM and Tusker House. We almost always buy the CM one...

10 days!!!! We just did on-line check-in for the first night of our split-stay: Contemporary Resort TPV!!! Next Friday at this time we'll be flying to MCO!

WOOOOHOOOO!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Now it looks like I will have to investigate PP+... Disney should be paying you commission. :thumbsup2

Technically they do since I'm Disney travel agent :rotfl: Just not on Photopass and the like!

Welcome to the Poly in August group!

We miss you by one day!

A little crazy since two of the request choices were "first floor room" and "patio". Aren't they the same thing? Even the person at 407-824-2000 seemed unsure of the difference. Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

A little crazy since two of the request choices were "first floor room" and "patio". Aren't they the same thing? Even the person at 407-824-2000 seemed unsure of the difference. Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

How strange! I requested third floor anyway. I like having a balcony, however if they wanted to give us some pixie dust and and LV I'd gladly take a 2nd floor room! :rotfl:

How strange! I requested third floor anyway. I like having a balcony, however if they wanted to give us some pixie dust and and LV I'd gladly take a 2nd floor room! :rotfl:

We also requested 3rd floor, verbally, with our TA and with the front desk at the Poly. But online check-in gives very limited choices for "special requests" (you are allowed to check off 2) and neither "balcony" nor "3rd floor" is an option. Only all the different buildings listed, plus "ground floor" or "patio." :confused3

I am with you, Dani, I would not be disappointed to be upgraded to LV or TPV. I'm sure it wouldn't be terrible! ;) But I would also love to be granted our request for 3rd floor Samoa, volcano pool side! Here's to all of us getting the room of our dreams! :wizard:

Oh, and by the way, in case anybody missed what MainStreetFireman REALLY said: We are CHECKED IN(!!!) at the Poly!!! WoooHooo! Also, single digit dancin' today!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Since I don't post identity pix on the DIS, I thought it might be helpful to note that I can generally be found wearing a Fire Department T-shirt, a Mickey earring and a bush hat (flaps up) with an Adventurer's Club, a Maltese cross and small blue forget-me-not pin on the hat.

And, of course, a kukui nut lei upon check-in, at Ohana and DEFINITELY at Tambu! :thumbsup2

MainStreetFireman said:
Since I don't post identity pix on the DIS, I thought it might be helpful to note that I can generally be found wearing a Fire Department T-shirt, a Mickey earring and a bush hat (flaps up) with an Adventurer's Club, a Maltese cross and small blue forget-me-not pin on the hat.

And, of course, a kukui nut lei upon check-in, at Ohana and DEFINITELY at Tambu! :thumbsup2

Should not be hard to find. I miss the Adventurer's Club. We have had several long waits for ME and I am thinking about using FL Tours instead then we won t have to leave as early our last day. Also thought of changing to 6 am flight, now at 11:15 but my 16 yr old is not loving the idea. Did check in and did not offer balcony as a choice. I did tell concierge through an email we would like third Floor. Requested it last time and got ground floor which was fine with me. One week to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter