Who will be there for Cheerleading...

dennisnlisab96

DIS Veteran
in March 2006. We will be ther March 9-13. I have 3 kids going to Nationals. DD 8 Jr. prep, DD 12 Junior, DS Serior co-ed!!!!

Wow, Jr. Prep at 8, that's impressive! We did All Stars for 3 years, my girls decided to quit when our gym changed hands. I have to say I don't miss it much, we have made 3 trips to WDW since the quit a year ago and have another one booked in 12 days! You'll have a blast, but be prepared, it's really intense at those Nationals. I had a friend there, she said they only had a few hours in the parks each day because of competitions.

We are actually arriving a day before the competition starts so that we can do some stuff!! She was on a youth team last and moved up this year. So far she loves it...it is a lot though! :cheer2: :cheer2:

We just found out this week that youngest dd's team may be going. She is in the mini division but they are actually going to be competing this year. Usually they just perform and do not compete. The older girls from our group are definately going. When will they announce the competition pkg info? We have annual passes, do you have to buy their pkg tickets? Which hotels do they use, is it always the Allstars and CBR?

wannabe@WDW- which competition are you doing Spirit cheer??
You will love wathcing the Mini division it is sooooo cute!! We may have a mini team this year also.
My DD is in the Youth/now it is going to be junior prep this year (6th grade and under) division this year.

Tnkrbell
I am not really sure which competition. This is all new to me. My older dd was supposed to be on the Jr. Prep team, but decided she would rather do gymnastics instead. Just my youngest dd is doing cheer. I know the dates are for March 10th to the 13th. I think our coach will be giving us more info this week. I don't know if they will be doing the pkg deal or not. I have been busy planning our Dec trip and now I get look forward to going in March!!!! I know that the competition is important, but not matter how good or bad the squads do, they are at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!

tnkrbell said:
wannabe@WDW- which competition are you doing Spirit cheer??
You will love wathcing the Mini division it is sooooo cute!! We may have a mini team this year also.
My DD is in the Youth division this year.

Hi Sheri,
I think we will be coming here instead of Tampa in 2006. All fourteen of our teams!
Gordon

I think we will be coming here instead of Tampa in 2006. All fourteen of our teams!

Hey Gordon!!
Are you doing the one at the Swan and dolphin?? It is March 3,4. You guys are probably doing American Open March 24th and 26th.
It would be great to meet you but I would be very nervous if our kids had to compete against the Stingrays!! :)

WANNABE@WDW...My daughter is cheering for the first time in WDW in March (same dates) We are staying at the ALLStar (?)...Our package pricce is about $1282.00 (approx) for my daughter and I. This includes coaches fee ($90.00 does eveyone pay this??) airfare, 4 day park hoppers, room, 2 meal vouchers (each I think), transportaion to and from Disney (Magical Express I assume) and transportation to and from the competitions. Personally I tink it's a lot but what can I do...all the kids are being booked through the same travel agent. I am used to planning these trips myself and can't stand not haveing control over my Disney reservation!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

This will be our teams' first time in several years to go to Orlando. I have checked Varsity's site and the pkg info isn't posted yet. Are ya'll using the "official" travel agency for Varsity or a local travel agency? It seems like it would be cheaper just to go through Disney's group reservations. This trip will be very different for me. I am used to planning everything and getting the biggest bang for my buck, I don't see that happening on this trip. Do some teams stay offsite?

Wannabe@WDW...from what I understand our package is being booked through UCA...we are getting a group discount because we are booking more than 30 rooms.

I agree about getting the most bang for the buck...this doesn't seem to be it!!!! I usually book our trip and change it a couple of times before we go. We usually go once a year. Even though this trip might cost a little more I am looking forward to the trip with my daughter. We are arriving the day after her 9th birthday...we are going to have fun!!!!!

tnkrbell said:
Hey Gordon!!
Are you doing the one at the Swan and dolphin?? It is March 3,4. You guys are probably doing American Open March 24th and 26th.
It would be great to meet you but I would be very nervous if our kids had to compete against the Stingrays!! :)

Sheri,
I think we are doing the one at Disney's WW Of Sports in Mid March....I think?????? I will let you know when I know for sure! You are too kind. :blush:
Gordon

Dennisnlisab96
My older dd will turn 9 1/1/06. What a wonderful place to celebrate special days! We have celebrated many birthdays at WDW and it just doesn't get much better! Your dd will have a wonderful trip. Just out of curiosity, how much are ya'll paying for airfare? We will most likely be flying out of New Orleans on SW, but their schedules won't be released for quite a while. :cheer2:

I think we are doing the one at Disney's WW Of Sports in Mid March....I think?????? I will let you know when I know for sure! You are too kind.

Only saying whats true!!!! :cheer2:
Well im off to Disney!!! :cool1:

tnkrbell said:
Only saying whats true!!!! :cheer2:
Well im off to Disney!!! :cool1:

Have a wonderful trip!!!!! I can't wait to read your report! :banana:

Just wanted to say good luck to all the girls competing at WDW. We are competing in Jacksonville in March but we wish we were going to WDW. I said something to our cheer director last week about taking us to WDW next season. DD7 is a pee wee for the 2nd year but is also doing the mini's this year, she would love to compete there. Guess we'll just have to hope for next year.

Tell all your girls we said good luck.

:cheer2: 13 days and counting
:earsgirl: princess:

Good luck to all the Cheerleaders!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
We compete twice in orlando this year!!
GO GEMZ!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter