• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

whoa what a last minute fare..

lawgs

DIS Veteran
if you live in some cities....buffalo being one and can travel next week coming back the following week to MCO .....US Air American and United have 74$ rt... ( with taxes etc comes to about 111$ )

days you can travel seem to limited also

looks like they are going fast.....but very interesting....have not seen these airlines this low in a long time.....and southwest is not even selling that cheap

hope someone can take advantage of this deal......

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!!!! WOW - kids finished school and no day camp till after holiday and we were going crazy trying to figure out day care for next week.....now we are on our way to WDW with a $68.84 R/T ticket plus tax because of this post. Our problem solved and we get a week at the world. We will be on phone at 9AM with MS to see if any DVC places available. Can you imagine - going into holiday week and tickets at this price! I put in dates a day earlier and it came to $5400 for the tickets......only saving over $5000!! We are AP holders too. Now on to the planning, still need accomodations and a car. I only hope I can return the favor someday with a great tip like this. You are a neighbor too, maybe we can have a WNY meet. This weekend will get us in shape for the hot weather. should be 97 degrees in Buffalo/Niagara tomorrow.:bounce: :p :cool: :)

niagara2 ....

=))

smilawgs

glad someone could take advantage of this....if we were not going in sept oct and dec ...might have jumped on this too....

we got our fares for sept and oct using southwest's friends fly free ( which were very similar in cost to this ).....

but it is so neat to get a deal like this to .......just pick up on the spur of the moment to go.....

if you need a rental car....you might want to check out dollar and use the code "entertain".....intermediate is coming up with a base rate of 125$ which is the best rate i have seen lately ( national's rates have seemed to have gone UP )

please post your success with MS too .....hope some magic swings for you there too....

=)

by the way. we live in fort erie and fly out of buffalo all the time....lately we have been using southwest....because of the non stops and the perks of rapid rewards....we have dvc since 1992 ....so have used dvc a lot too....

and yes the nice weather has finally come here so i can get more staining of the "lawgs" done ( we live in a vermont log home - we call it "Lawg Caybun" ) =)

thanks for posting your reply....sorta made my day/night when i checked the email and saw someone had posted ......to my original posting...sharing information is "rewarding" all around..

peace

lawgs

lawgs,

Thanks for the "heads up" on the airfare.I am sure Niagra2 really appreciates :) it!!. This is why I check this forum(transportation) everyday. Even though I also check the others(Orbitz,Travelocity,Expedia, and Airline websites)when we fly.;)

Where are you looking for these great prices? Are you going through the airline sites directly? Can you give me an idea which cities or what time frame? I am looking for something out of either Manchester, NH, Boston, or Providence....?????

Thanks!!

only way i came across this was an email i got from travelocity through their farewatcher program...

i have a couple of fares being watched.....when there is a change they send you an email to inform you....sometimes the fares are very restricted ( time frames etc )....but at least you are kept up to date on "current sales" since they do the searching for you and update the "fares" accordingly via email.....

once i get the fares ......i check both travelocity and the airlines websites to see the various combination available....

Sammy,

lawgs is correct, you have to sign up for Travelocity's e-mail alerts for 4-5 cities and destinantions.Then when your fares go down at least $25 from the price you want.......they send you an e-mail alert. Then I go over to the Airlines website and try to save another $10-$20 per ticket by skiping over Travelocity's commision. ;) You can do the same alerts with Orbitz and Expedia also.I just got roundtrip flights to San Antonio (from Pittsburgh) for $170 because of the alerts. It is usually around $275-350 during normal times.So we decided to go visit relatives down there.:p

Lawgs,

Thanks for the tip on rental cars at Dollar with the Entertain code. We booked a full size for a Dec. trip for $140/week.

I always look for your posts as they're so informative. Thanks.

PS. We used to live in St. Catharines. The Niagara area is great!

Another WHOA......called MS at DVC and got 6 out of 7 nights at OKW in a one bedroom!!! We will continue to try for the 2nd night. So in 4 days we leave with a great rate (Thanks again Lawgs) for airfare, used the Entertain code at dollar and DVC point ressie was available......lucky day indeed. I could never of done this without the valuable info all you wonderful DIS'ers give. You are great and again thank you!:)

A big thank you to lawgs! Just as I was reading this post this morning, my travelocity fare watcher email came. I was able to get tickets for $111 Rt from Houston to Orlando. Those fares are back up to $186 tonight. Also booked the rental car through Dollar.

Thanks again for the heads up on this deal.

:)

Yes thanks Lawgs, can't use it but we just purchased great Roundtrips from CA to New Orleans. I do, however, have a question for "ncligs".... Is there a fare watcher/email travel alert feature on Orbitz? I have not been able to find one, although the American Airlines site now has one and I'm others will soon follow. ncligs, I would appreciate any info on the Orbitz alert. Thanks.

:D

Niagara2- Since you are leaving soon, will you please let the rest of us know if Dollar asks you for a coupon to receive the Entertain code? There is another thread going on this board that is wondering if anyone has gone and been asked for a coupon for this code.

GRRRRRRR- Some of these fares have gone even lower. The flight that I booked this morning at $111, which went up to $186 this afternoon, has gone down to $67 tonight. I hate never knowing when is the best time to book a flight. At least I still got a great fare. I have never flown with US Airways. Anyone know if I can get a credit voucher? The difference is close to $100 for two tickets.

I just talked to a travel agent/friend about tickets I bought and she said to check every day for lower ticket prices and then call the airlines and make them give you a voucher--she said they don't like to do it but they have to....
Good luck!

I will let everyone know how I do with the Dollar Entertain code. I happen to have an Entertainment book and the plastic card this comes with it. I am taking that and a few coupons from the book just in case. I will let you know how it works out.

Update- I called US Airways first thing this morning. I was able to cancel my original flight without penalty(since it was within their 24 hour cancellation policy, which I did not know about) and re-book at the lower rate. We're now saving $100 and staying 1 day later.

:Pinkbounc

Thanks again lawgs & others!

Niagara2- Have a great trip!

was just getting ready to post to you that you could probably get a voucher ....but this is even better since you get to use the discount now....and not have to wait for a later flight...

and yes...

niagara2 please let us know how "things" work out with "dollar".....if it was connected to the entertainment book, i think most of those have a contract id number and not a "word" for promos...but not sure....

we will probably buy a discounted entertainment book too if we have to......they currently are offering discounts at entertainment.com for 2002 books ( buffalo's is 10$ plus shipping ) until july 15, 2002 ... it would be worth having the book for discounts even if we did not need it for the "dollar promo"

anyhow...good to see the magic happening

smilawgs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter