Who's Going Oct 09? Plans Are...

mickey2minnie1

DIS Veteran
Yeah!!!! Packages come out next month!!! Let us all know your dreams...

Resort - Poly:cloud9:

Length of stay - 7 nights (hoping for a code, otherwise less)

Dining musts - Chef Mickeys
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Cinderellas Castle
Hollywood & Vine (for my daughter)
Mamma Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
Ohana's
Kona Cafe

Where will you visit - MK mainly
Enjoy the resort
EP a day
HS a day or two
Sea World possibly (not sure the best way to get there)

Other info to share - My parents are coming with us!:yay:

I'm thinking about something October 09!

Resort : POP (We're trying to save $$$.)

Length of Stay : 3/4 Nights, depending on price.

Dining Musts : Le Ceiller, Garden View Tea, & Plaza!

I'm thinking about something October 09!

Resort : POP (We're trying to save $$$.)

Length of Stay : 3/4 Nights, depending on price.

Dining Musts : Le Ceiller, Garden View Tea, & Plaza!

Thanks soooo much for responding! I was beginning to think that I was the only one with plans so far in advance. The planning is so much of the fun.:banana:

What is the Garden View Tea?? It sounds really nice.

We're planning a trip at the end of September 09 that may spill over into October. My DS 10th bday is 9/29 so we are going to celebrate that while we're there. We had planned on going during December then I got to thinking about his 10th bday and we found the excuse we needed to move it up! ;) Depending on school schedules and discount codes (crossing fingers) the date could change. I've told DS we will celebrate his bday even if we go early (thinking free dining).

I'm trying to pace myself on the planning so I haven't gotten a lot done. I do think I've decided on POR. We've done Pop and Movies and thought we would try a step up this time around.

We're planning a trip at the end of September 09 that may spill over into October. My DS 10th bday is 9/29 so we are going to celebrate that while we're there. We had planned on going during December then I got to thinking about his 10th bday and we found the excuse we needed to move it up! ;) Depending on school schedules and discount codes (crossing fingers) the date could change. I've told DS we will celebrate his bday even if we go early (thinking free dining).

I'm trying to pace myself on the planning so I haven't gotten a lot done. I do think I've decided on POR. We've done Pop and Movies and thought we would try a step up this time around.

That would be a birthday to remember! I have read many good things about POR. I am sure he would enjoy the waterslide!!

Resort: Beach Club (hopefully :cloud9: ) or POR

Length of Stay: 4 nights then 3 nights on the Wonder :banana:

Dining must dos:
Biergarten
Kona Cafe

The cruise is a surprise for the kids, mostly for the oldest as it is her wish to go on a Disney Cruise. So since it will be her senior year and we can't aford to take one a cruise in the summer after graduation she gets an early graduation gift. Of course we will also do the F&W festival and the MNSSHP as we are planning to go around mid October.

I tell you though, it just can't get here fast enough right now. :rotfl:

Resort: Beach Club (hopefully :cloud9: ) or POR

Length of Stay: 4 nights then 3 nights on the Wonder :banana:

Dining must dos:
Biergarten
Kona Cafe

The cruise is a surprise for the kids, mostly for the oldest as it is her wish to go on a Disney Cruise. So since it will be her senior year and we can't aford to take one a cruise in the summer after graduation she gets an early graduation gift. Of course we will also do the F&W festival and the MNSSHP as we are planning to go around mid October.

I tell you though, it just can't get here fast enough right now. :rotfl:

I wish it were soon as well! I want to go to the Kona as well. I have only eaten breakfast there. What do you like for dinner. I want to try that next year.

The cruise sounds great! She will be thrilled!!

I wish it were soon as well! I want to go to the Kona as well. I have only eaten breakfast there. What do you like for dinner. I want to try that next year.

We did Kona for Christmas dinner last year and it was delicious. I had the Beef Teriyaki, it was very good and I highly recomend it if you like teriyaki. The grandparents had the prime rib which was also excellent(grandma still raves about it and she is quite picky about how her meat should be cooked). DD14 had the Pan Asian Noodles (or something like it) and thought they were also good. I don't remember what else everyone had. I did enjoy dinner more than breakfast, but I am not much of a breakfast person either.

I saw Mamma Melrose's on your must do list. How is it? We have never been and I have been thinking about trying it out.

We did Kona for Christmas dinner last year and it was delicious. I had the Beef Teriyaki, it was very good and I highly recomend it if you like teriyaki. The grandparents had the prime rib which was also excellent(grandma still raves about it and she is quite picky about how her meat should be cooked). DD14 had the Pan Asian Noodles (or something like it) and thought they were also good. I don't remember what else everyone had. I did enjoy dinner more than breakfast, but I am not much of a breakfast person either.

I saw Mamma Melrose's on your must do list. How is it? We have never been and I have been thinking about trying it out.

We are Italian so I wasn't expecting great, but we did it with the Fantasmic Pkge. We were pleasantly suprised. The food was good and the atmospere was great. I felt like I was in a scene from Lady and the Tramp. There were dimmed lights and strings of twilight lights throughout the restaurant. Service was good as well. We plan to do this again for the Fantasmic Pkge.

Poly :cloud9:

9 nights/10 days Oct 23-Nov 1 :cool1:

myself, DH, DD2, DM, DB, DMIL, DA

For most of us it will be our first trip. I am soooo excited :banana:

I'm still researching the things we must do. Really can't wait for packages to come out :rolleyes1
Happy planning!

Poly :cloud9:

9 nights/10 days Oct 23-Nov 1 :cool1:

myself, DH, DD2, DM, DB, DMIL, DA

For most of us it will be our first trip. I am soooo excited :banana:

I'm still researching the things we must do. Really can't wait for packages to come out :rolleyes1
Happy planning!

We stayed 9 nights our first family trip and it was perfect! Happy planning to you and this is the right place for all of your questions.

We are Italian so I wasn't expecting great, but we did it with the Fantasmic Pkge. We were pleasantly suprised. The food was good and the atmospere was great. I felt like I was in a scene from Lady and the Tramp. There were dimmed lights and strings of twilight lights throughout the restaurant. Service was good as well. We plan to do this again for the Fantasmic Pkge.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think will will have to put Mama Melrose's on our list of places to try this time. We've done Tony's in MK, but this sounds better.

We are planning on going 9 days 8 nights October 1, 2009!
Now if we could just book the damn vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smickey:

Since we have the two little kids, we feel that the Pop is the most exciting of all the resorts.
We were going to do CSR, but now it just seems very adult.
My children aren't very good in resturants, so we figure we will do the princess party and the hoop-de-doo.
Other then that we plan on doing easy quick meals.
I think we are going to do the dining plan.
I use to go every year as a child with my family and I want to do the same for my children. (or as best as we can)
Sadly I haven't been since 1998.
I would love suggestions on things to see and a realistic timeline.
My husband keeps saying we will play it by ear, but i know this place is so big with two little ones that we have to have a game plan.
Lastly, I am not sure now if 9 days will be two long with a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old.

Since we have the two little kids, we feel that the Pop is the most exciting of all the resorts.
We were going to do CSR, but now it just seems very adult.
My children aren't very good in resturants, so we figure we will do the princess party and the hoop-de-doo.
Other then that we plan on doing easy quick meals.
I think we are going to do the dining plan.
I use to go every year as a child with my family and I want to do the same for my children. (or as best as we can)
Sadly I haven't been since 1998.
I would love suggestions on things to see and a realistic timeline.
My husband keeps saying we will play it by ear, but i know this place is so big with two little ones that we have to have a game plan.
Lastly, I am not sure now if 9 days will be two long with a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old.

This is a great place to gather ideas. You can look at the 9 days as giving yourself a couple of days to reeeelax. No cammando. We did 9 nights the first time last year with our 10, 7, and 5 year old. None of us was ready to come back, well maybe DH, hehe. Go with a plan and be flexible with it. My DH thought I was spending way too much time planning until we got down there. Then he was thanking me and telling his friends to go with a plan. I even planned his friend's trip. He is a single dad to 3 rowdy boys and he did not have a clue about Disney. After me sweating it out, I am happy to say they had a wonderful time and wonderful meals.

The dining plan was great. We did soooo many character meals. Do not worry tooo much about behavior. It is Disney afterall and they are used to kids everywhere. I highly recommend Chef Mickeys. It is a buffet at the Contemporary so you can monorail from the MK for a nice break. There is great interaction with the characters. We did an early dinner and they came around our table at least 5 times. The kids and us parents looooved it. it was a great way to kick off our vacation the first night. Table service was our way of taking a break. There is sooo much going on that the kids will be entertained.

Someone once told me that after 3 days of going you will hit a wall. It is true. After 2 or 3 days of parks it is great to have a pool day and then maybe go to dinner and a park in the evening. We also did a park in the morning, get there at least 30 prior, and leave after lunch and go back to swim. Pace yourselves. The kids will not know any different. They will enjoy themselves if you are relaxed and rested.

We spent most of our time in MK. We spent 1/2 day in AK. Kids did not like it. DS was fantastic and Epcot has a few hidden treasures as well.

LMK if you need any specifics. I would be glad to share. Happy planning. This is so much fun.

thanks!
your more then welcome to help me plan my family vaca!

I would be glad to help out. We had such a magical time! let me know if you have any questions. I did use Touring Plans to help with my planning. Making the ressies at the restaurants is soooo much fun. Start thinking about what ressies you want to add.

thing is...
I haven't been there in 10 years...
So I don't know what is there anymore.
And at that I was a senior in highschool and was never then as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter