Who's Going To Stay at The Swan/Dolphin For the Cruise

Transportation is the only part giving me woes!

If anyone is driving and has extra space for 2 people to/from the Port from the Dolphin, we'd be happy contribute $50 each way for a lift. :)

Or anyone interested in splitting a shuttle van? I've priced it out (the co Tracy recommended) and it's $260 for the van, return trip, fits 6 people. Works out to be $21/person/leg so seems a lot more reasonable. :thumbsup2

Post or PM me if you want to work out details :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Transportation woes for me too. I'm not quite ready to decide what we are doing, but I'm sure we would be willing to share something.

As much a I would love to stay at the Swolphin, I just find the transportation options to be too much hassle. I love the price of $99 and its sorely tempting, but I could also just stay at Pop Century, use Disney transportation on property, Magical Express, and the Disney Cruise transportation.

I'm not an unsavvy traveler, but I like to use the KISS method (keep it simple Sam).

One of the things I love best about the Dis is that it hooks up many people who have the same interests in mind - on our last WDW trip, we were able to do the Photopass with people from the Dis and saved lots 'o $$$! So here's what I'm thinking --- what if I get a list together of everyone who is interested in booking the Dolphin deal but need transportation - If everyone just sends me a PM with the dates you are interested in arriving/leaving (I'll assume everyone is flying into MCO?) and then based on arrival/departure times, I'll try to hook people up. Then each group can decide if they want to rent a car or do the towncar thing. What do you guys think?

O So here's what I'm thinking --- what if I get a list together of everyone who is interested in booking the Dolphin deal but need transportation - If everyone just sends me a PM with the dates you are interested in arriving/leaving (I'll assume everyone is flying into MCO?) and then based on arrival/departure times, I'll try to hook people up. Then each group can decide if they want to rent a car or do the towncar thing. What do you guys think?

That's a great idea! Thanks for doing this. I'm interested. But do you have any idea what you just signed on for? :rotfl2: You are in for over a year's worth of daily PMs while we all change our plans a million times. It's part of our DISfunction.

I usually stay at POP, but I did the math and booked a post stay at the Dolphin. I was planning on taking a towncar from the port, and DME to MCO. But even with a room discount at POP, Dolphin+rental car for $100(with a code) is only about $125 more for a 3 night stay. If we share transportation it would be even less. My DS loves Goofy's Popjets so we may have to take a trip over to POP anyway- does that count as pool hopping? :upsidedow

That's a great idea! Thanks for doing this. I'm interested. But do you have any idea what you just signed on for? :rotfl2: You are in for over a year's worth of daily PMs while we all change our plans a million times. It's part of our DISfunction.

I usually stay at POP, but I did the math and booked a post stay at the Dolphin. I was planning on taking a towncar from the port, and DME to MCO. But even with a room discount at POP, Dolphin+rental car for $100(with a code) is only about $125 more for a 3 night stay. If we share transportation it would be even less. My DS loves Goofy's Popjets so we may have to take a trip over to POP anyway- does that count as pool hopping? :upsidedow
Of course I know what I signed up for silly! I do believe I am the most DISfunctional one here!!! ;) Well, maybe Mindy (I'm not digging a cistern for anyone, after all) Anyway, there are others on the boards who keep track of who gets the fridge next at the Pop and how many people sign up together for the Photopass - it's just helping everyone out. It seemed like from some of the posts that people wanted to take advantage of the Dolphin deal but didn't know how to deal with the transportation issue. Since we've done the transportation thing a few times and so many people are in the same proverbial boat, why not all get together? It's just a matter of figuring out who will be getting to FL at what time so we can all hook up. I'm trying to look at the big picture....

Just a suggestion.... I have priced (for another reason) chartering a coach from Mears for transport from WDW to Port and then Port back to Airport...in this scenario total cost was reasonable. Rate would include driver gratuity, fuel surcharge etc. and seats 47 pax. Perhaps DU could put something together at a lower per person than DCL transfers would be?

DH (slapwhitey) and I will be staying at the Dolphin on the Friday/Saturday before cruise and then again Thursday-Monday after the cruise.

I just want to say it is most unusual for me to use a TA......but, Tracy at DU has been incredible. Responded to my emails/requests very quickly and has been great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter