Who's gonna apply for Spring 06?

figments407 said:
I will see you there then!! My friend and I will be at that audition, too so hopefully I can meet up with you and say 'hello!' Aren't you so excited?!

oh my gosh I can hardly wait!! I had better bring some Disney music to listen to on the car ride down there. It's only about an hour and a half drive, well probably about 2 hours cuz I have no clue where I'm going! :cool1: I've mapquested the studio and stuff, so hopefully I'll find it no problem!

Yeah we should definately meet up and chat! It's always fun to meet people from the DIS! :)

Bringing Disney music to the audition is SUCH a good idea. my friend Cynthia brought Hercules to our interview and while we waited, we jammed. People thought we had gone a little silly...ah well!
Natalie, I can't wait to see you, my name is Sarah --I'll keep my eye out for you on the 30th! Woo hoo!

6 days until my interview!!! I'm think I'm gonna go crazy w/ anticipation!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm listening to Radio 365's TourGuideMiKE .... Disney, disney, disney ... my brother went Saturday to help the SFA campus rep get ready for the presentation ... I think they needed to get more posters and things up. My brother is also giving me a referall card (somehow important in your interview ... the interviewer likes that). I'm going to go crazy before the next 6 days go by!!!! :earboy2:

Just to clarify: THERE ARE NO IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS. Everything is over the phone now. It sounds like a lot of you think you're going to be doing in-person interviews (I infer this because you're counting down the days until your presentation). You schedule your phone interview at your presentation.

So, I'm not sure what you're going to do with a referral card over the phone, tink, but you might be able to tell them you've got one.

Just trying to clear things up.

Pretty much. You have to turn in your application (make sure to print it out and print it, along with the role checklist filled out--though they will have extra role checklists handy) and only then can you schedule your phone interview. So they'll have you go to a computer lab and print out your application if you didn't bring it with you. But at least you get to see the wonderfully EXCITING presentation. Heh.

Also, I'm not aware of how the e-presentations work (and how you turn in your application if you don't physically go to a presentation), but it seems that those are a good option if you want to get it done with.

I'm still listening to Disney music, even though the interview is over the phone. It helps get me in the spirit. Do you know why they're doing interviews over the phone? I would think that they would rather have interviews face-to-face, that way the interviewer can gage facial expressions and body language, because that's what will most likely be happening once us CP hopefuls get to go to work. We have to not only have a pleasant voice but have good body language.

But, whatever the people at Disney want is what I'll do. If they want an interview over the phone then that is exactly what I'll do and make sure that I'm definately excited. Who wouldn't be excited? Working/living in Disney World for 5 months???!!! aljfoagajlge!!

I totally agree about the phone interview switch. I would think they'd want to be able to see body language/appearance, enthusiasm, etc. I asked my presentation lady and she said it's for greater flexibility. But face-to-face has worked for plenty of years, so I don't know why they'd really need to switch it. I think they're phasing into a totally e-presentation/phone interview platform in the next few years. Because really, the presentation was pointless because I could've easily scheduled a phone interview online or something (though that isn't an option). I think it really has to do with their needing more and more CPs (or wanting them, rather), so they're lowering their ability to gauge readiness for the program, and thus it's easier to get accepted. Perhaps.

That ^^ could definately be a reason. The only reason I could come up with is that more and more people are hearing about the CP and therefore more people will come to the presentation. If 50 kids turn up, how long would the poor interviewers be there and then how nervous would the CP hopefuls get waiting then? If there were the last person to be interviewed out of 50 I'd be nervous and just wanting to get out of there.

The E-Presentation would make much more sense. But maybe they want to keep the live presentation so that questions can be answered fully and then other students can ask questions based on other ones that they might not have thought of.

Anyway. Less than 2 weeks now. 13 days and counting... I will let everyone know how the presentation/phone interview was after the phone interview. :)

Anyone know if you can request roomies or do you just get put where you get put? It would be sweet to live with someone from the Boards here, that way we all know that we're serious Dis-ers. Probably bordering on the obsession line...

You have to arrive at the same time to get a roomie that you want, and even then it's uncertain. Or that's what I've read from certain people who went down with friends, etc. I'm pretty sure it's pretty certain that if you check-in at pretty much the same time you can be pretty sure that you'll be allowed to room with that roommate.

It also doesn't seem like the ratio of those that want an interview/those that attend is too high. I know there were like 10 that came to my presentation and there were two of us that scheduled an interview. There just don't seem to be very many people interested (when looking at the entire college population).

Sarbruis--Thank you for all of your information. What you say about the e-presentation/phone this is probably true--it seems a little unfortunate but I can see how they would feel that it would work...
And I TOTALLY agree with you,disprincess717- I want roomies from the DIS boards too-if I can! Perhaps we should all come up with a place to meet the day before check-in or something! I have heard of past CPs who all plan to meet at the Rainforest Cafe or some place like that to have a little meet and greet. It would be very comforting to have someone as *obsessed* as I am. :blush:

figments407 said:
And I TOTALLY agree with you,disprincess717- I want roomies from the DIS boards too-if I can! Perhaps we should all come up with a place to meet the day before check-in or something! I have heard of past CPs who all plan to meet at the Rainforest Cafe or some place like that to have a little meet and greet. It would be very comforting to have someone as *obsessed* as I am. :blush:

hahah yes i am with u, i would pick someone from the board rather than other ppl since i know how they r towards this experience than others :earsboy:

There are SOME in-person interviews! My interview will be in-person the day of my presentation. I know this because my brother is helpig w/ it and he will be one of the alumnie working the presentation, he is even going to introduce me to the interviewer before the presentation. So, I wouldn't say there are no in-person intenterviews ... sarbruis, you don't know that.
Just clarifying!! :flower:

Countdown: 4 days until my interview!! :Pinkbounc

And we should meet up before we check-in!! The would be so cool and I would be a LOT less nervous since I'd be coming on my own!

tink_sparkles84 said:
And we should meet up before we check-in!! The would be so cool and I would be a LOT less nervous since I'd be coming on my own!

Me too! I'll most likely be coming down on my own too. And how fun will it be to all meet up!?!?!? yay!! It'll be so nice to find people who share the same obsession, hehehe :cheer2:

Is your brother the campus rep? Has he talked to the presenter? If he hasn't heard specifically from the presenter/interviewer that there are going to be in-person interviews, then there probably won't be. He could be speaking from experience (i.e. last year/semester when there were in-person interviews). I'm still going to go with THERE ARE NO IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS. If for whatever reason you do have an in-person interview, ask why and post it here, because I'm rather curious.

For all of those interested in trying to see if us Dis-ers can room together - PM me. Once all of us get the all clear to go, we should see if we can definately meet up somewhere before checking in.

I have a plane ticket already, I'm leaving January 9. Even if that's too early, I'll stay with my aunt and uncle up in Daytona and then they'll drive me down whenever I can check in. And if by some horrible, horrible mistake that I'm not accepted the plane ticket won't be wasted because I'll be going to stay at my aunt and uncle's for a few days to check out the college that I'm transferring to in St. Augustine.

Let me know, for anyone who is interested. I'd much rather be with someone who is definately sure about doing this and not just doing it "because" ... Like some girl I talked to in my math class.

I am also a commuter student and am kinda nervous about living w/ other people and being so far away from home. I'm not a big partier, like some of you but i do like to have a fun time.... I would also like to room with someone that is really into disney....I can't wait until NOV. 7th!!! Only 30 more days!!! :cool1: Good luck to everyone with their interviews....Hope to see you next semester!!!

disneyaddict121784 said:
I am also a commuter student and am kinda nervous about living w/ other people and being so far away from home. I'm not a big partier, like some of you but i do like to have a fun time.... I would also like to room with someone that is really into disney....I can't wait until NOV. 7th!!! Only 30 more days!!! :cool1: Good luck to everyone with their interviews....Hope to see you next semester!!!

Me too. I really wanna room with someone who is there for a love of Disney instead of just being there because they want to live in Florida for a semester.

Me too disneyaddict121784 and binigrl417. Thats why I haven't completely decided to interview or not. I'm not sure I can handle sharing an apartment with people I don't know or leaving home for 5-6 months. I think it would be a great experience after all is said and done, but I'm just nervous about not knowing anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter