Who's ready for a late summer room discount?

You're not alone. Booked July 23rd through August 3rd at the Wilderness Lodge and really hoping to see something on the room discount horizon soon!

Last edited:
I’m waiting as well. Currently booked at wilderness lodge august 21 - august 29 with the 2 free days promo (park passes). I’m wondering if they are just gonna stick with that promo.

Literally just logged in to ask the same! We're Aug 28-Sept 5 and the 2 free days isn't much of a draw (about a $200 difference for us) compared to the deeper late summer discounts we normally get that time of year.

It looks like the extended the Spring promo to be bookable through May 27th. They also added a cabin discount this morning for fort wilderness. I am really surprised we have not heard about any discounts after July 10th. With the postponing of Remy until October 1 I would have to imagine bookings are soft for late summer. If a person was able to travel anytime I would wait until October to enjoy the 50th offerings. Sadly that is not an option for my family.

I feel like it's a near guarantee that there will be resort discounts. Not to turn this into a speculation thread, but they're probably super unsure about how many resorts/rooms will be open to the public (along with park capacity) in late summer and are waiting as long as they can for their marketing plans. I'm waiting along with the rest of you (hoping for a late August trip), fingers crossed!!

I feel like it's a near guarantee that there will be resort discounts. Not to turn this into a speculation thread, but they're probably super unsure about how many resorts/rooms will be open to the public (along with park capacity) in late summer and are waiting as long as they can for their marketing plans. I'm waiting along with the rest of you (hoping for a late August trip), fingers crossed!!
your lips to god's ears!

Would love opinions here - is there any benefit this year to booking now and then transferring the res if/when a discount is announced? We go annually the last week of Aug, and in the the past we would always be booked by Feb to make sure we could lock in all of our benefits like ADRs, etc. (though we'd usually have late summer discount pricing by now, or a Labor Day deal from an agency). But this year, with dining so wonky and everything else wait-and-see, is it easier to just ride it out for a bit? How essential is it to book now to reserve our park days (they all still look completely open for late Aug.)? Is there any other benefit to early booking that I'm forgetting that would be applicable this year?

Would love opinions here - is there any benefit this year to booking now and then transferring the res if/when a discount is announced? We go annually the last week of Aug, and in the the past we would always be booked by Feb to make sure we could lock in all of our benefits like ADRs, etc. (though we'd usually have late summer discount pricing by now, or a Labor Day deal from an agency). But this year, with dining so wonky and everything else wait-and-see, is it easier to just ride it out for a bit? How essential is it to book now to reserve our park days (they all still look completely open for late Aug.)? Is there any other benefit to early booking that I'm forgetting that would be applicable this year?

We booked last week of August as well with the hopes of a better room discount to come (got the 2 days extra passes for now). The way I look at it, if a discount comes out, you can just apply it to your package and you're able to book your park reservations now. Given the fact that we're heading in the right direction and people are getting vaccinated, I think late summer is going to be busier than usual with people in need of a getaway after being at home for a year. Booking now guarantees you're not shut out later on.

We booked last week of August as well with the hopes of a better room discount to come (got the 2 days extra passes for now). The way I look at it, if a discount comes out, you can just apply it to your package and you're able to book your park reservations now. Given the fact that we're heading in the right direction and people are getting vaccinated, I think late summer is going to be busier than usual with people in need of a getaway after being at home for a year. Booking now guarantees you're not shut out later on.

Good points... no harm, since the deposit is the same regardless! Just booked - maybe see you there! :)

This was our thinking too. We wanted to book early when the rook type we wanted was available and to have more options, figuring if the right discount came along we could adjust. We also booked our flights early and we’re glad we did because prices of our same flights have gone up considerably.

We already booked for last week of August. Booked at BC because we are a party of 6 and only BC Deluxe rooms can accommodate us. We are hooked on YC/BC.....Thankfully booked early because all deluxe rooms are now gone, there are only 6. I do have the 2 days free discount applied which did save me around $1K by reducing our park days to only 5 but fingers really crossed for a better discount. We go last week of August every year for last 15 years and always got a discount. Really really missing those Labor Day Deals we use to get also ☹️

Have flights but waiting for some discounts before I book a room. In no hurry yet. Yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter