Who's stayed at the kyriad hotel??

tw4sl

Earning My Ears
hello! got a weird question here...

can somebody tell me if there are bath tubs in the rooms? or is it just a shower cubicle? becuz not all hotels have bath tubs, meaning everyone has to have a shower instead of a bath lol

Thanks!
Tina :)

Yeah, I think they have to have bathtubs as it's a family resort, and trying to bath a toddler in a shower cubicle would be a nightmare. :rotfl2:

We will be staying in the Kyriad Hotel for a few days after Easter. Judging by the pictures, it seems to be a nicely decorated clean basic hotel. When I come back home, I will hopefully do a trip report on our experience there.

Thanks Elaine :)

What I will be hoping for most is that the weather stays dry. The good thing about a trip like this is if you dont like it, you are only stuck there for 4 days.
Also if needbe, we can always go into Paris itself.

Hi all

Just back from Disneyland Paris and had a lovely stay at the Kyriad Hotel.

We booked on the internet through Octopus Travel website and presented our voucher to reception with no hassle.

The rooms are small but spotless clean. There is a good double bed and two bunkbeds. The bathrooms are nice but the bath was very small. You could only bath a child in it but an adult could have a good shower standing in it.

I would advise anyone staying here not to bring too much luggage with them, just the bare necessities as the cupboard space is quite limited. There are good tea/coffee making facilities in the room and a portable tv but most stations were in french. This didnt bother us too much as we were out of the hotel most of the time. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but ours didnt work. Luckily enough, I had a hairdryer with me plus a continental converter plug so I worked around this. Our rooms were cleaned out and towels changed every day.

Breakfast was very good. You arrange with reception what times you want to have your breakfast and they issue you with a ticket for that time. You helped yourself to buffet breakfast which consisted of fruit cocktail, fromaige frais, ham, cheese, boiled egg, croissants, bread rolls, cereal, apple juice, orange juice, tea, coffee etc.

I definitely would not recommend eating here in the evenings. There is a buffet menu consisting of two or three portions. The fruit was lovely but the hot meal if you would call it that was absolutely horrible. They did have two microwaves in the restaurant and the waiters did let us heat our meals up but for the price they charged, I thought it very poor and didnt finish it. Our bill came to 51 euros.

The downstairs lounge is nice to sit and relax in over a drink but quite pricey at 5 euros for a pint of beer. Also, if you dont smoke, it can be quite smokey here and there did not seem to be a no smoking area. We did sit through it though and our son had a great time in the small play area as he got to meet and play with other kids.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for value and cleanliness and the shuttle collects you every ten minutes from the hotel to bring you to the park. I would definitely stay here again but not eat in the restaurant in the evenings.

Good to hear your report Distoney. Shame that there is no non-smoking area in the lounge.

Reid

We (DH,DD[17],DS[15]) stayed there for al,ost a week in October 2004 and I agree totally with everything Distoney says from the size of the room (small but adequate and spotlessly clean ), breakfast to the evening meal which we also only tried once! Our only minor gripe was that they kept forgetting to leave enough towels for us all each day, but there was never any problem getting extras from reception. OUr hairdryer did work but I had taken my own and preferred to use it. We wouldn't hesitate to go again. Have a great trip.

Mrs Tony Toon :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

hi
i have booked to stay here the end on may.Can anyone tell me what time they have breakfast. I have booked breakfast but i am net sure if i want to cancell it
many thanks
nikki :rolleyes:

If it has nit changed since my last visit there you can choose the breakfast time at check-in. Usually it is between 7 and 10.
When are you there in May?
We stay from 28th to 29th :flower:

Greets Renate :wizard:

BONITATIME said:
hi
i have booked to stay here the end on may.Can anyone tell me what time they have breakfast. I have booked breakfast but i am net sure if i want to cancell it
many thanks
nikki :rolleyes:

What Renate D says is right. Breakfasts are between 7 and 10 and you will be issued with tickets for time you wish to sit at. They seem to issue them on the half hour, ie 7, 7.30, 8 etc.

We found most of the breakfast quite edible and there was a good choice but a lot depends on what you like and what you are prepared to eat. We tended to stick to the croissants, breadrolls, fresh juice, tea and french toast but then I myself wouldnt each much more at home. You can also get drinking chocolate. My husband and son tried the cereal but they didnt like it.

thanks for the info i will not change my booking then. Renate are you going for thr pin trading event in hny.
I will be there form the 27-29th
This is my first trip on my own without the family perhaps we could meet up for coffee.
nikki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter