Why aren't we talking about Minnie???

This is also just a costume for a special event like any other. It's for Women's History Month in France at Disneyland Paris. People are trying to turn this into something, but it's just a costume - it is NOT a permanent change to her standard look. It's no different than her anniversary suits or western gear, etc.

As someone who was born in the 70s, women wore dresses/skirts and men wore pants. As a now mid-40s individual having spent 25 years in the workplace, anybody can wear anything they want. PERIOD. While I still think my daughters look best in dresses and heels, and 2/3 of them are non-binary, I support whatever they do regardless of my opinions.

Because this is a place to discuss Disneyland and especially for people planning trips to Disneyland. Discussions about characters in general or Disney movies in general rarely happen, unless it is tied to something happening within the park like a character meet and greet or merch for a new movie.

As someone who was born in the 70s, women wore dresses/skirts and men wore pants. As a now mid-40s individual having spent 25 years in the workplace, anybody can wear anything they want. PERIOD. While I still think my daughters look best in dresses and heels, and 2/3 of them are non-binary, I support whatever they do regardless of my opinions.

I was born in 1971 and I have ALWAYS known just as many women who wore pants as who wore skirts.

I don't really like it, but not because it's a suit. I just don't like changing the look of iconic characters. For me, it's nostalgia and comfort to associate red with white polka dots for Minnie, the silly little sailor suit for Donald, Goofy's big hat etc. I think it's fun to change it up once in a while, though, so I hope Minnie has fun in her Stella McCartney outfit for the occasion, but I hope they always keep the original styles in their closets.

From the sounds of the "article" I don't think its a permanent thing...

From the sounds of the "article" I don't think its a permanent thing...

It's not, just a temporary change for the events. Which is why it makes me laugh that some people are so bent out of shape about it. Like I mean, some people online are just downright mean about it...it's a fictional character with a costume change. Chill out. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter