Why did Disney Interactive fail?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
After Disney Software folded I never knew that Disney could start another gaming company called Disney Interactive and Disney Interactive seemed to be the king of Disney computer games and video games and I don't know why Disney Interactive failed and went broke because they were a top company of games. Some of the games they were known for was the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CDROM game Cinderella's Dollhouse and the Disney Animated Storybook series and video games. It would sure be cool if a Disney Interactive relaunch were to happen so they could make great Disney video games

Disney Interactive was never a top company for video games. Not even close. In fact, Disney Interactive was one of the lowest performing parts of the company by the time the video game division closed.

Disney felt it was too expensive to make video games themselves and now they outsource the development to other studios.

Disney Interactive was never a top company for video games. Not even close. In fact, Disney Interactive was one of the lowest performing parts of the company by the time the video game division closed.

Disney felt it was too expensive to make video games themselves and now they outsource the development to other studios.

Yeah, they had a good hit with Epic Mickey, but the sequel underwhelmed and the Disney Infinity toys-to-life concept was too late to the Toys-to-Life party and too expensive too. That bubble burst, and the games became irrellevant.

I think what caused Disney Interactive to fail was they wanted to focus more on video games rather than computer games because before they started focusing on computer games entirely they made games for the Gameboy Advance Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64 and it seemed to have done well for them. But they also went for a name change by renaming itself Buena Vista Interactive and the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition CDROM was their debut game and I think had they not become Buena Vista Interactive Disney Interactive still would've succeeded. I think if it were to be revived their focus would be Nintendo Switch games and Disney apps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter