• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do families bring newborns and infants to Disney Parks so much?

Maybe your personal preference isn't to bring an infant, but there are many people that will disagree. My guess would be that you do not have children yet, as a few of your statements just aren't doable. Number one, naps don't always go as planned....so while a parent might want the baby to nap through a parade or character meal, it may just not be possible. Number 2, when people have older and younger children, there isn't always a child sitter to leave the baby with. Hiring kids nite out for everyday of a trip would be incredibly expensive. Why wait until your youngest is 5 or six if that means your oldest is an older teen that will no longer enjoy this type of trip. Disney is a family friendly place, it fits infants, families, solo travelers etc. You have the choice to not take your infant, if it's not a great fit for you, then Don't. It has worked for us, many times out of necessity. Every family works differently, what works for us may not work for you.

I was supposed to take my "kid" to WDW for her 30th birthday, then the world shut down. Well we were supposed to re-book our trip for 2021 but... she got pregnant! So now we have a bouncing baby grandson, and we're planning to take our make up trip in 2022 and my baby...well he'll be One!! So we've gone from a group of 6 adults to 6 and a baby. Yep our plans will change dramatically, but my DH and I will probably doing a lot of down-time with the baby. Carry on!

Our first trip the kids were 4 and 8 months and by far the easiest trip. My 8 month old was a super easy baby and wasn’t crawling yet. She was happy to chill in the stroller and just nap and be. My 4 year old was happy to be the only one to make choices. They fight constantl, so now trips are more interesting, they are now 17 and 13.

Agree with all of the above posts about why not take babies? I took my son to DL the first time when he was about 2 months old and several times since, he loved it every time. We had APs and it was for his sister's bday. I also took him with me to work conferences in Vienna, London, and Prague before he was 1 because I was breastfeeding and honestly easier to travel with the baby than pump all the time. The Vienna trip was solo with me and him (6 months old). We did a great bus tour around the city and to the zoo on my off day. He was a much less whiny travel partner than my husband to be honest! Here he is enjoying the Pixar Pal-A-Round at 6 months. He won't remember it but I will!
That picture is what we call a "Framer" for sure too cute

When my parents and I used to go to Disneyland my mom and I were shocked to see so many families with newborns and infants there and I always why families bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks so often? Is it because families want to bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks as the first starter trip? What I see is that the infants will get bored really easily and there's limited rides for infants and newborns. And when Mom and Dad eat at character breakfasts with the older kids the infant will get tired and start crying and the only thing the characters can do with the infants and newborns is wave to them and if you go to the parks at night to see a parade or watch a fireworks show with a infant the sounds can be loud for an infant and causing them to cry and if you want to watch a parade or fireworks show watch it with the older kids while the infant is being watched by a babysitter or have the infant nap while doing this. When families decide to go to Disney Parks wait until the kids are around six which is the age when I went to Disneyland that way they can have fun and memories of their first trip

Have you ever had a newborn?

Honestly they are pretty easy if not easier than stroppy independent toddlers/ young children.

The adults can enjoy a meal while the baby sleeps without wrestling a toddler trying to escape the high chair and throw crayons on the floor.

You don't need to leave every single queue you are in for a toilet break with a newborn

When a baby gets tired they just sleep in the pram they are already in. No having to carry large heavy sleeping kids at 11 pm off the bus .

Oh and I'm not going to spend 6 years at home with my newborn because people like you think the correct age to take them to Disney is around 6🙄

Life goes on what ever age your kids are you just get on with it and carry on doing the things you enjoy as a family

Our next trip will be in Feb. Our grandson will be approx. 16 months old. He may not(won't) remember this trip except for the pictures we will show him, but his all of the adults will. I know he will enjoy it. He gets excited every time Mickey's Clubhouse comes on. He will run to where he can see the Tv as shown as he hears the theme music.

When my parents and I used to go to Disneyland my mom and I were shocked to see so many families with newborns and infants there and I always why families bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks so often? Is it because families want to bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks as the first starter trip? What I see is that the infants will get bored really easily and there's limited rides for infants and newborns. And when Mom and Dad eat at character breakfasts with the older kids the infant will get tired and start crying and the only thing the characters can do with the infants and newborns is wave to them and if you go to the parks at night to see a parade or watch a fireworks show with a infant the sounds can be loud for an infant and causing them to cry and if you want to watch a parade or fireworks show watch it with the older kids while the infant is being watched by a babysitter or have the infant nap while doing this. When families decide to go to Disney Parks wait until the kids are around six which is the age when I went to Disneyland that way they can have fun and memories of their first trip
granted this trip was precovid but one large family trip we had a 4 month old with us yes it was an August trip but that was only time we could afford that birth mother of oldest grandchild could not veto. she had placed in custody order that we could not take him out of school for more than one day without her permission or we could be taken to court and loose custody. needless to say she refused to approve any trip

Have you ever had a newborn?

Honestly they are pretty easy if not easier than stroppy independent toddlers/ young children.

The adults can enjoy a meal while the baby sleeps without wrestling a toddler trying to escape the high chair and throw crayons on the floor.

You don't need to leave every single queue you are in for a toilet break with a newborn

When a baby gets tired they just sleep in the pram they are already in. No having to carry large heavy sleeping kids at 11 pm off the bus .

Oh and I'm not going to spend 6 years at home with my newborn because people like you think the correct age to take them to Disney is around 6🙄

Life goes on what ever age your kids are you just get on with it and carry on doing the things you enjoy as a family
My trip with thr 4 year old and 8 month old was so much easier then when they were 7 and 3. Heck it was even on the last trip when they were 14 and 10. Lol. My daughter was the easiest baby and was just content.

Agree with all of the above posts about why not take babies? I took my son to DL the first time when he was about 2 months old and several times since, he loved it every time. We had APs and it was for his sister's bday. I also took him with me to work conferences in Vienna, London, and Prague before he was 1 because I was breastfeeding and honestly easier to travel with the baby than pump all the time. The Vienna trip was solo with me and him (6 months old). We did a great bus tour around the city and to the zoo on my off day. He was a much less whiny travel partner than my husband to be honest! Here he is enjoying the Pixar Pal-A-Round at 6 months. He won't remember it but I will!
The absolute best!

I took my daughter at 5 months old in May on a 8 day DW trip. It was really easy. She was either in a stroller or carrier and very content. We are DVC members so will be taking her at least once a year going forward. Babies can be a lot easier than older kids. Plus I have an older child so can’t sit at home all the time just because I have a baby…

A baby doesn't get much out of the park but they are a baby, they have to go where you do.

If you have older children then the young ones always get up getting dragged everywhere when they are tiny. Not many people have someone who can babysit their younger children for an entire trip.

I tend to think it is good for babies and toddlers to be out in the world anyway.
Spot on. My kids have been going since they were infants. We never had anyone who could watch them and no way were e not going to WDW for 6 years! When they were infants, they were quite easy. We just carried them onto rides like Pan. We'd wheel them around Epcot and enjoy some wine while they slept. Every age, every year was different. In the crazy toddler stage, we once bought them a castle play set and just went back to the room and let them play with it while we relaxed, things like that. More pool days. These were all magical trips (though one night when they wouldn't go to sleep--UGH!!!)

I took my son because we live 30 minutes from the parks. We started going when he was less than a month old. He stayed in his stroller or I wore him, we usually only stayed for a few hours. We had friends visit when he was about 1.5 months and we went to all the parks with them, including all day at Hollywood Studios. He stayed in the stroller or baby carrier and did so well, and it was honestly so easy with him being that little and he'd fall asleep anywhere. Then COVID hit. He was 7 months when the parks reopened and we took him because it was the only place we felt really safe in the area and he NEEDED socialization. Now he is 22 months and he recognizes the characters and is starting to develop favorite attractions. Currently he adores Alien Swirling Saucers and the Seas. :)

We’ve taken all of our kids to Disney as infants, and toddlers, and preschoolers, and elementary aged. The trip is for us and them. Life doesn’t stop or go on pause when you have kids. Babies are easy at Disney. I don’t like roller coasters so I love riding all the rides babies can ride. They also don’t care what you ride! I love seeing them get so excited. I love that Disney is allergy friendly so I can easily find stuff my kids with food allergies can eat. I love that I can throw everything in a stroller. And now our kids are great travelers. I don’t understand people who wait until they have to pay for kids meals and tickets to take their kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter