Why doesn't Southwest have January fares?

anniet

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to get a price on Southwest from Providence to Orlando for the end of January and I keep getting a message saying they only have fares through January 10th. Does anyone know how far in advance they post their fares? I would have thought that information would be available by now.

We're waiting too. Mid jan. for us. We always go that time of year, so if they are consistant, they will be opening up the flights any day now. I check online 3 times a day now ( each shift change ). From past experiences, the incoming shift is told of the new flights, just prior to their shift. If you call Southwest on the phone and ask them when the flights will open they don't know, but the next shift might get the news. If you're lucky enough to catch the opening of new flights, you can get your flight for as little as 49.00 each way. We got it last year, the specials were all sold out in under 1 hour. Good luck fare hunting.

I'm waiting for mid to late February. This could take a couple of months.

Thank you so much Mark and Sandra for the great info!

I did get airfare for the last two years for $49 each way, although last year I had to fly down on a Thursday evening cuz everything else was booked, I'm hoping to get a better flight time this year.

Thanks again!:wave:

I just called and was told they get a two week notice for new month reservations and so far nothing has been told to the customer service folks. They said keep checking.

Hello MICOL- Don't believe them at customer service. Last year we were in the same situation, waiting for flights to open. We called them often. We were told the same thing about knowing 2 weeks in advance and that nothing new was said. The next day, a monday, the flights opened at 8:00 am, we called at 10:00am and the entire flight for our day was booked already. We changed our flight to the next day, we luckily got the 49.00 fare, but then had to change our hotel and car rental ressies. I've spoken to customer service at Disney, Universal, and Hotelkingdom, about when discounts are coming out. they all say that mid-Sept. is when deals will come out. If I was a betting person, I'd bet that the flights will open at about that time, keep your eyes open during the next week for all codes and deals and flights to come out.

I will keep checking the web site. We need Feb tickets and a friend needs April. I went with Delta for April as its spring break and they are filling up fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter