Why is Caribbean Beach Resort Cheaper than the Others?

lumos

Earning My Ears
Why is the cost of the Caribbean Beach Resort so much cheaper than all the others, even the value resorts, for May/June 2020? Is it that bad?

I’ve noticed that sometimes when you’re looking for an offer or a package and it isn’t valid at a particular resort, they’ll show you the per night price at that resort, while all the others show the package price

Sometimes the cheap room is the pirate themed room, which has smaller beds, at least last time I looked.

We really like CBR! If it is a lot cheaper, then I would book a stay there in a heartbeat! It even has access to the new Skyliner now, if you are OK with riding on that.

Some people don't like the size of CBR and the multiple bus stops. Perhaps you are lucky and hit on a deal?

Last trip stayed at CBR. Absolutely loved it! Possibly my fav resort. Unfortunately they tore down "my" village to put up the new Riveira Resort. Tragic! I wont stay there again. No desire to look at a hotel I can see in Toronto.

For my dates in Aug it isn’t cheaper. It may be a glitch in the system. If that’s the dates your looking for I’d grab it. Someone probably keyed in the wrong numbers. That happened to us at AKL. We noticed CL was cheaper than Arusha view. We booked it! Figured it was an oops because CL rooms are Arusha view.

One big plus for CBR is it's the central hub for both lines of the skyliner.

One big plus for CBR is it's the central hub for both lines of the skyliner.

I wouldn't find that to be a plus. Especially when there is already posts from people trying to find out how to get to CBR just to hop on it. Sounds like a lot more congestion at that resort.

Are you looking for a group of 5 or 6?

CBR was cheaper than AOA or POP for us only because at CBR we could have a standard room with a 5th sleeper but would need a family suite at any of the values.

It cost us less to book CBR with QSDP than it was for AOA or POP just with breakfast.

I am looking at staying here also, as it came up at a great rate! Last time we stayed at POR, we are a family of 5, and loved it! My concern with CBR is that the pools look a bit boring compared to POR. Any thoughts on how those two compare? Or the pool situation?

I am looking at staying here also, as it came up at a great rate! Last time we stayed at POR, we are a family of 5, and loved it! My concern with CBR is that the pools look a bit boring compared to POR. Any thoughts on how those two compare? Or the pool situation?

We have stayed at both and used both pools a lot. Personally I think the CBR pool is better. Also, it has the kids spash park where POR does not.

We have stayed at both and used both pools a lot. Personally I think the CBR pool is better. Also, it has the kids spash park where POR does not.
I missed the splash pad- it looks fun! I think we might give CBR a go, it is much less than POR and then we can try our luck on the Skyliner.

We stayed in a Pirate-themed room years ago. I recall that back then, the Pirate room cost more than a standard room. We all really enjoyed the Pirate room (despite the beds being a bit on the small side), especially the kids.

In fact, we liked the overall atmosphere at CBR. This was before Riviera and Skyliner were even dreamed up, so I can't say how those may have impacted on the resort these days. But CBR and POR were the two moderate resorts we stayed at in the past and liked both of them a lot!

Our travels have mostly been at the Deluxes, but we stayed at CBR on a whim earlier this year. Just wanted something new/different. We thought it was great. It’s different than other places being so spread out and all, but we left with a really positive impression of the resort, the pools, the food options, and overall vibe. We look forward to staying here again someday now that the Skyliner is open.

we just stayed at cbr last week. definitely worth it for the quick access to epcot and hs via skyliner. lines were non existent during most times. we were at aruba and felt the location was excellent since it was between the main pool and the skyliner station. skyliner did have some temporarily delays during out stay but they are still working out some kinks. we were pretty lucky and didn’t have any problems.

i believe the pirate themed rooms are all located in trinidad which is probably the furthest from old port royals and the skyliner stations. i really don’t think they are worth the premium.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter