Why is it the kids get sick within days of a deployment ?? Update-Something broke!

lyeag

DIS Veteran
Dh went TDY on Thursday for a few months. As usual, someone is already sick.:headache: Now I am just waiting for the other usual thing to happen-something will break!

Could be the added stress that leads them to get sick?! It happends here as well. But instead of saying waiting for "something" to break, it's "someone" here!

Last deployment we hit the trifecta - ER visit for Russ's first stitches, flat tire, and something broke. (Don't remember what, I guess I'm blocking the memory! :rotfl: ) Luckily it was spread out over a couple months.

I hear ya!! The last 2 weeks has been fun...flat tire, DS broken his arm in 2 places (3 trips to Tripler AMC so far!) and of course pay is messed up and internet/phone lines are down for DH so I can't even let him know! (yes I have a POA but I have no clue how to resolve this without his input.)

Well, it's strep throat. Now I just get to sit back and see if the other two kids get it as well.

Yea i got a email from my wife showing a giant hole in the dryer, DD with a cast on(just sprain wraist), and new curtains on the wall:eek: . It the law of deployment. Everything breaks when DH or DW deploys. Or it just DW gets what she want when hubby away:sad2: ...lol.

Wow, this must be some sort of record. DH left a little over a week ago and now my freezer isn't staying cold enought to freeze. GREAT :headache: Luckily, we do have a deep freeze in the garage, but why oh why does this always happen??? Oh, and why does it always happen on a weekend?????
Does anyone have a hug for me???

Wow, this must be some sort of record. DH left a little over a week ago and now my freezer isn't staying cold enought to freeze. GREAT :headache: Luckily, we do have a deep freeze in the garage, but why oh why does this always happen??? Oh, and why does it always happen on a weekend?????
Does anyone have a hug for me???

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :grouphug:

Three years ago the day before my DH left my DD at the time only 10 months old was throwing up non stop....then the day my DH left he was throwing up the whole entire flight and the whole first day. Then of course 2 days later I got the same thing. Then last year while he was gone my and DD 5 now were so sick throwing up all night long every 5-10 minutes. Found out about a week later we ate the Peter Pan peanut butter that was recalled. I was never so sick in my life. Now DH is going to be leaving again in Jan. and I made him promise me that we will not get sick!:confused3

Small update, I managed to get the freezer/fridge fixed after a week of waiting for the Sears repairman. I thought I would be proactive and get my furnace checked out and it was fine, but two days later my toilets all backed up!!!:headache: :headache: :headache: I had to have someone come out and clear our line of tree roots. Ugh.... can it just stop now?????

I have had two days with nothing broken lets see if I can make it a whole week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter