Why stay on property?

Great thread. Debating right now to stay at a value resort (Pop) for about 210 a night or a nice one offsite for 100 a night. I looked at most of this thread and online and having hard time finding it but How much is parking if offsite per day? No fastpass advantage correct? Financially there are no additional costs besides parking if offsite correct? Just my 11 year old daughter and I and renting a car anyway i think, 5 day stay, her first time, Thanks.

I think it's nice--if you're traveling solo with a child, especially--to check some of the adult responsibility at the door. Staying on-site helps you do this, because transportation is taken care of (assuming you use park transportation and not uber/lyft). I'm not saying it allows you to be a childless free spirit, but for me not having to drive and look at Google maps and make sure my daughter has her seat belt on and find parking, etc, etc, is worth staying on site when it's just me and her. I'd guess particularly with an 11 year old you can enjoy all the magic alongside her instead of looking ahead at the road while she's looking out the window.

We are planning a trip later this year and likely will be staying at Yacht Club or Boardwalk again. I really thought about staying offsite, but ultimately we are paying for the location and Disney bubble. We haven't been to Disney in a few years now but we have a lot of trips over the years, so while we will go to the parks each day we also like hanging out at the resort pool, and those are really nice at Disney. Some of the best park time we ever had was during late night evening magic hours at Magic Kingdom, so we'll miss those, but we had moved away from the morning extra magic hours because we didn't like getting up that early. Being able to walk 5 minutes to get into Epcot or walk/boat to DHS is a huge plus (I'll mention one more time that I really hate Disney buses).

Last edited:
I totally get the Disney Bubble thing. My family started our addiction in 2017. My family loves everything about it. We stayed in AKL Jambo House in a 1 bedroom savanna view for our first visit. Then for our second visit we stayed at the Poly in a studio. For our 3rd trip we stayed at OKW in a 1 bedroom villa. We were suppose to go during Spring Break of 2020 but we all know about 2020. I canceled our visit for Spring Break 2021 just because of a lot of uncertainty still (personal decision). We were going to be staying at OKW again in a 2 bedroom villa (35% off rate). I realize that there has been a lot of money spent on our vacations at WDW but we LOVE IT. No regrets! Hopefully when things get back to a more normal way...we will be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter