Widowed Mom, making dreams FINALLY come true on the WONDER

RockinMama

Earning My Ears
I joined the DISboards back in 2010 when my MiL and FiL promised myself, husband and daughter our dream vacation. They had just returned from a secret trip to Hawaii with his sister and her family -lied about it to us until they got back- but were boasting that we would get our own awesome vacation as well. We decided that the best trip would be a few days at WDW and a cruise. I majorly went into planning mode, which for me - involves A LOT of planning and research. We even got the planning DVD's and were telling my DD who was then 4 -alllll about her upcoming trip- she watched them over and over and over on her own, in her room. Bought clothes, made plans, the whole she-bang.

Until the bottom fell out. In a nut shell, my husband lost the trip for us. It was so hard for me to explain to Zoey that we weren't going to get to go any time soon, but that Mommy promised I would some how get her to Disney one day.

Fast forward to April 2013, my husband and I are estranged (he was abusive and I finally had enough in Nov 2011) and I haven't seen/heard from him since September 2012. We get a call that he is deceased. We attend the funeral on Monday and Zoey's 7th birthday party is that Saturday. What a week for my sweet, sweet girl. She's very strong, and I know him removing himself from her life made it easier for her to handle it.

She's NEVER stopped asking about when she would get to go to Disney. I would hear it AT LEAST once a month since our trip was canceled.

Nevermind going into all the gritty details, the skies have opened up and I have the opportunity to fulfill her dream. With the port being in Galveston (we live wwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy North in Texas near Oklahoma but no air fair fees!) and with the "off season" pricing (school year- I am guessing) and some pixie dust that has come along, we are going to live the dream on the Wonder!

Now I am (again) in crazy planning mode! I have been and will continue to bug all previous travelers with all of my questions and worries. I absolutely can not WAIT! While I can't get her to WDW just yet, we are going to have a FANTASTIC time on our 7 Night Cruise to the Western Caribbean, stopping in Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. We are so giggly and happy and TRIPPING OUT about going- our family is just about DONE with us! That is why I am here! So I can purge all of my excitement without annoying everyone around us!

Wow! What an amazing, heartbreaking story. Purge away girlfriend, you won't bother anyone here!!

I joined the DISboards back in 2010 when my MiL and FiL promised myself, husband and daughter our dream vacation. They had just returned from a secret trip to Hawaii with his sister and her family -lied about it to us until they got back- but were boasting that we would get our own awesome vacation as well. We decided that the best trip would be a few days at WDW and a cruise. I majorly went into planning mode, which for me - involves A LOT of planning and research. We even got the planning DVD's and were telling my DD who was then 4 -alllll about her upcoming trip- she watched them over and over and over on her own, in her room. Bought clothes, made plans, the whole she-bang.

Until the bottom fell out. In a nut shell, my husband lost the trip for us. It was so hard for me to explain to Zoey that we weren't going to get to go any time soon, but that Mommy promised I would some how get her to Disney one day.

Fast forward to April 2013, my husband and I are estranged (he was abusive and I finally had enough in Nov 2011) and I haven't seen/heard from him since September 2012. We get a call that he is deceased. We attend the funeral on Monday and Zoey's 7th birthday party is that Saturday. What a week for my sweet, sweet girl. She's very strong, and I know him removing himself from her life made it easier for her to handle it.

She's NEVER stopped asking about when she would get to go to Disney. I would hear it AT LEAST once a month since our trip was canceled.

Nevermind going into all the gritty details, the skies have opened up and I have the opportunity to fulfill her dream. With the port being in Galveston (we live wwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy North in Texas near Oklahoma but no air fair fees!) and with the "off season" pricing (school year- I am guessing) and some pixie dust that has come along, we are going to live the dream on the Wonder!

Now I am (again) in crazy planning mode! I have been and will continue to bug all previous travelers with all of my questions and worries. I absolutely can not WAIT! While I can't get her to WDW just yet, we are going to have a FANTASTIC time on our 7 Night Cruise to the Western Caribbean, stopping in Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. We are so giggly and happy and TRIPPING OUT about going- our family is just about DONE with us! That is why I am here! So I can purge all of my excitement without annoying everyone around us!

I'm so happy you will be able to make your daughter's dream come true! I'm on the same cruise as you.. Can't wait!!

Ask all you want! Can't wait to hear how it goes! when are you going?

So excited for you and your daughter! (and we will also be on the same cruise). :cool1::upsidedow

Welcome. I am so excited for your family. I think we may be on the same cruise too (Disney Wonder - Oct 5?) I hope you participate in the FE. We need to make sure your daughter is showered with treats. Have an awesome time.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter