Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek Entrances

Kait_

Earning My Ears
Hello! We're staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time this summer. I've never been (except to have dinner with Snow White) but I've watched a bazillion videos and am very excited to stay there :D We are staying 2 weeks and the plan is mornings in the parks, afternoons pool side. We will have a 2BR.

Because we plan on a lot of pool time and we have small kiddos, we decided we would rather have really easy access to the pool over a higher room with a balcony view. Combing over past posts, it looks like the Lobby is on the second floor. But I don't really understand the layout (even looking at the maps). So I hoped some WL veterans could help me out so I can make the perfect room request :)

-- I read that the Lobby is on the 2nd floor. Is that the main WL lobby? Or is there a second mini Copper Creek lobby?

-- Is there a second *entrance* to the Copper Creek wing, closer to the pool? IE, an entrance besides going through the lobby. I would expect there to be one. Like near room 165 or 265?

-- If there *is* a second door on the outer part (closer to the pool and lake) of the CC wing, that's where I want to be. Would that be on the 1st floor or 2nd? What I *don't* want is to request 1st floor, and have to go upstairs to get outside. That would be the worst of both worlds, haha.

-- Bonus question. If anyone has a specific 2BR room number that they know fits this description -- please let me know, that would be awesome! But mostly I'm just trying to figure out what floor will mean getting to the pool as directly as possible :)

-- Double bonus question. I'm thinking I want an "odd" number room facing the central courtyard area. But if anyone thinks the "even" number rooms facing away are nicer/quieter/whatever, please let me know! I've only seen advice on odd vs even in regards to getting that partial fireworks view. So not sure what's better for a group like ours, who are not trying for a high-up room.

Thanks so much for any help!

cheers!
--Kait

So the lobby is on the 2nd floor. If you want to think of it this way, it's built on an incline. The 1st floor of Copper Creek is below the lobby and on level with the pools and outdoor space.

Certain rooms are near outdoor exits and that is helpful rather than going through the lobby.

The last time we were in a room right by the exit door to the main pool so we just walked across the courtyard area to Roaring Forks etc. I can't recall the room number. I could also get back in with my magic band.

I suggest going to the main Wilderness Lodge thread to get specifics on room numbers, etc.

Enjoy!

So the lobby is on the 2nd floor. If you want to think of it this way, it's built on an incline. The 1st floor of Copper Creek is below the lobby and on level with the pools and outdoor space.

Certain rooms are near outdoor exits and that is helpful rather than going through the lobby.

The last time we were in a room right by the exit door to the main pool so we just walked across the courtyard area to Roaring Forks etc. I can't recall the room number. I could also get back in with my magic band.

I suggest going to the main Wilderness Lodge thread to get specifics on room numbers, etc.

Enjoy!
Do you remember if that room was on the 1st or 2nd floor to have that easy access to the pool courtyard?

Do you remember if that room was on the 1st or 2nd floor to have that easy access to the pool courtyard?
I'm not OP, but easy pool access is definitely floor 1. There are only guest rooms on half of the floor, the other half is under ground. Yes, there are doors directly to the pool area with no stairs. Indoors you will need to use stairs/elevator to get to the lobby, or outside you can use the stairs near the waterfall. The waterfall transitions the outdoor "ground floor" from being floor 2(lobby) to floor 1(pool).

According to Touring Plans there's only one dedicated 2BR on floor one, #1145.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...24-03-18&filters[connect]=any&commit=&floor=1

OP Again. Thanks for the replies! I think I have a better idea about the layout...

"Ground floor" is floor 1 on the inside/north side; and "ground floor" is floor 2 on the south/outside/boulder ridge pool side. Lobby is on floor 2. TouringPlans does show rooms on both sides of the 1st floor...but I guess that's wrong?

I never got an answer on the question about exits besides the lobby. IE closer to the pool/s. I assume there must be one, but you know what they say about assuming. TouringPlans makes it look like there is an exit on both the North and South sides on floor 1, and on just the south side on floor 2. And I assume there must be a stair case at the end of the hall near those door(s). Can anyone confirm that? Doesn't make sense that there would be a door on the south side on both the 1st and 2nd floors so I don't really trust the TouringPlans floor plans.

With the info you've already given me 💜 I was able to search YouTube for room tours that were ground floor and showed ground floor patios.They still look really nice, so it won't be such a loss not having one of those high up balconies.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge! The resort is the biggest single part of this 2 week trip, so I want to make everything as perfect as I can 🪄

--Kait

I never got an answer on the question about exits besides the lobby. IE closer to the pool/s. I assume there must be one, but you know what they say about assuming. TouringPlans makes it look like there is an exit on both the North and South sides on floor 1, and on just the south side on floor 2. And I assume there must be a stair case at the end of the hall near those door(s). Can anyone confirm that? Doesn't make sense that there would be a door on the south side on both the 1st and 2nd floors so I don't really trust the TouringPlans floor plans.
Touring plans is correct about the doors :)

The second floor of Copper Creek is lobby level and has an exit door to the upper courtyard but doesn't have an exit door to the villas pool side of the building. There is a staircase and an elevator that will take you down to the ground floor on that side of the resort. The 1st floor, ground level, has exit doors to both the main pool and the villas pool, but you will have to use an elevator or staircase to get to the lobby from the ground floor.

There are 2 doors on the first floor that will exit near the main pool. I do not recall south east west etc. The exit closest to the pool will be at the far end of the building closest to the lake on the first floor. There is another exit that leaves you on top of the hill on the first floor as well but still close to the pool. I would simply request near pool and hope for the best. In the end the resort is not large enough to be far from the pool no matter where you are it is just finding the fastest way to get there which may be through the lobby. The first floor I remember being sort of a maze of rooms we were on a higher floor near the lake and I would take the back elevator down to 1 for the pool but I do recall going the wrong way and ending up at the further pool door.

OP Again. Thanks for the replies! I think I have a better idea about the layout...

"Ground floor" is floor 1 on the inside/north side; and "ground floor" is floor 2 on the south/outside/boulder ridge pool side. Lobby is on floor 2. TouringPlans does show rooms on both sides of the 1st floor...but I guess that's wrong?

With the info you've already given me 💜 I was able to search YouTube for room tours that were ground floor and showed ground floor patios.They still look really nice, so it won't be such a loss not having one of those high up balconies.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge! The resort is the biggest single part of this 2 week trip, so I want to make everything as perfect as I can 🪄

--Kait

Yes, looking down the hall there is a staircase at the end on the right. A door on floor 2 of this staircase exits to another outdoors set of stairs down to the Boulder Ridge pool. (Yes, thats weird). On floor 1 there is a door across the hall that leads out to the Copper Creek Pool.

If staying on floor 1, follow the hallway to the end. To get to Copper Creek pool turn left to exit directly to it. To get to Boulder Ridge pool, turn right to enter staircase to floor 2. Use exit door on floor 2 and go down the outdoor staircase to pool. Alternatively, just exit on floor 1 and walk around the building.
1711043833647.png

Attachments

• CCV2.png
    CCV2.png
    746.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes, looking down the hall there is a staircase at the end on the right. A door on floor 2 of this staircase exits to another outdoors set of stairs down to the Boulder Ridge pool. (Yes, thats weird). On floor 1 there is a door across the hall that leads out to the Copper Creek Pool.

If staying on floor 1, follow the hallway to the end. To get to Copper Creek pool turn left to exit directly to it. To get to Boulder Ridge pool, turn right to enter staircase to floor 2. Use exit door on floor 2 and go down the outdoor staircase to pool. Alternatively, just exit on floor 1 and walk around the building.
View attachment 843891
This is amazing 😍
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 843891
OP, our first stay at CCV was on floor 1, only a couple of doors down from the door near the Salon in the image. It was AMAZING. Easy access to the pool, to Geyser Point, to the walkway leading to the boat dock, and easy to go across to Roaring Fork. Our patio was very close to the pool.

We didn't request this location it was just luck, but we will ask for it every time we stay at CCV in the future.

Looking at that picture, if I'm staying at BRV...could I cut through that building to get over to Roaring Fork? (Where you put "floor 1 enter" in white.) We always walked all the way around the building. Maybe we didn't need to do that.

OP, our first stay at CCV was on floor 1, only a couple of doors down from the door near the Salon in the image. It was AMAZING. Easy access to the pool, to Geyser Point, to the walkway leading to the boat dock, and easy to go across to Roaring Fork. Our patio was very close to the pool.

We didn't request this location it was just luck, but we will ask for it every time we stay at CCV in the future.
Yes! All that sounds way better to me than the views other people go on about and wanting to be high up.

-- Double bonus question. I'm thinking I want an "odd" number room facing the central courtyard area. But if anyone thinks the "even" number rooms facing away are nicer/quieter/whatever, please let me know! I've only seen advice on odd vs even in regards to getting that partial fireworks view. So not sure what's better for a group like ours, who are not trying for a high-up room.

Thanks so much for any help!

cheers!
--Kait
I was in room 1150. I tried to wing it and get to the room without a map, but the hallway towards those CCV rooms isn't the most obvious. The map someone posted above is great for guidance.

The room faced Boulder Ridge - it was definitely quiet and peaceful, but there is a walkway running alongside it. It won't be secluded nor 100% private but then again neither will be the odd numbered rooms facing the pool.

Being in that wing is also quite close to Geyser Point. Even though it's technically the farthest from the other wing where the quick service restaurant is located, it is a short walk across the pool area to get there.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes, the ground floor has exits near rooms 1135 and 1165, and on the second floor near room 2113. These go right out to the pool, so you don't need to walk all the way back to the lobby. The first floor also has doors that open to the sidewalk between Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter