Wilderness Lodge Resort ~ Can you see the MK fireworks?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Can you see the MK fireworks from WL? Isn't there a viewing area on the roof? Do they pipe in the music? Can you see Illuminations? Thanks! S

no guests are allowed on the roof of the lodge unless you are a flag family in the morning. there are a few places on the upper floors where you might be able to see the fireworks. there is a viewing deck at the contemporary. as far as illuminations, no you can not see this from the lodge.:p

well actually when you stand on the boat dock area you can see some of Illuminations, only the higher fireworks though, but you can see all the lighting etc. We also could see these search light things in the distance from our courtyard room balcony reminded us of the ones at DTD. But i dont think they were from DTD as the WL faces a different direction (I think)

We were able to see the MK fireworks from our room, but it was one of the honeymoon rooms on the 7th floor that faced the MK direction (there are 4 rooms total - 2 on each side). I'm not sure about the other rooms, but it seems as though some of the higher up rooms may have a view.

The observation deck at the Contemporary is not open to the public anymore (at least as of the last large debate about it). Due to fire code regulations and California Grill patron complaints the deck is only open to CG patrons now.

Melissa

Can my family go to CG for coffee and dessert during the fireworks? S

I believe as long as you order something (coffee, desert, cocktail)the deck is available. If you haven't experienced it before you will probably enjoy it.

I know many people were upset with the new rules, but as it had gotten soooo popular it was a complete nightmare. Outside of possible safety concerns, it was just miserable - so many people you couldn't move - it took us about 30 minutes just to get on an elevator back down. Having dined at CG many times and paying a nice price for it I can only imagine how upset I would be as a patron. You could not move anywhere in the entry area because of the people!

We could see them from our 5th floor room on the MK side.

We also could see these search light things in the distance from our courtyard room balcony reminded us of the ones at DTD. But i dont think they were from DTD as the WL faces a different direction

We saw those too and it drove us nuts trying to figure out what it was....

It became a mission for us. After several nights of seeing them and noticing the times we finally figured out what they were.....it's the lights from Fantasmic.:D

If you go all the way to the end of the wing that is closest to the MK there are large window at the end of the wing. There is also a stairwell, take the stairs to the 7th(top) floor. The view is great! No music, but it was playing in my head! :)

Enjoy!

Originally posted by SandraC
Hi all! Can you see the MK fireworks from WL? Isn't there a viewing area on the roof? Do they pipe in the music? Can you see Illuminations? Thanks! S

We could see MK fireworks from room 4089, woodview.

Yes, we were able to see the MK fireworks from room 6016. You also have a pretty good view of Cinderella's castle too.

Would you need a PS at CG if you're only going for coffee/dessert and not dinner?

Those search lights cant not be Fantasmic because the WL faces in a North Easterly direction and the Disney Studios is in a south western direction from the lodge. Maybe you are talking about different search lights. Which way was your room facing?? We faced Bay lake and the lights where beyond discovery island in the very far distance. To be honest i dont think they are on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter