Wilderness Lodge

Don & June

Disney Kids at Heart
We head to WL tomorrow for a week. Never stayed here, any suggestions or recommendations for room request and any other items that we might be interested in?

Thanks
Don & June :cool1:

you say you will be at WL. Do you mean VWL. Big difference.

If you stay at the villas, there is one room with no balcony I think (#4533). If you want a balcony don't get this room. I know I need to sit and have coffee outside in the morning. We leave Oct 6 for SSR/BWV.

have fun :cool1: :cool1:

Hmmm - didn't know about the difference.

Yes, we are staying at the VWL.

Thanks for the heads up about the balcony.

Do ask to be flag family - the view from up there is great.

Do eat in the Whispering Canyon Cafe and Artist Point.

If you get time, do rent cycles, the ride to Fort Wilderness is fun.

Oh, I'm jealous!!! Just kidding, have a wonderful trip!

We always request a view of the quiet pool and we've always had a nice room. You get a little view of the lake also and at night you can catch a glimpse of the electrical water parade. Take some time to just explore the Lodge itself, it really is amazing. I also recommend renting bikes and heading over to Fort Wilderness, it's just something a little different and off the beaten path.

I myself like a high floor with a balcony with the high walls. It makes if feel very private and secluded.

Consider renting bikes and taking the path to FW for lunch.

I am a newbie and need suggestions. We are staying at BWV at the end of October. We are going to MNSSHP on 10/27, so this is our no-park day. I have an ADR at Whispering Canyon for 2:00 that afternoon. Our plan is to head to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP. I just read about renting bikes at VWL and riding to Ft. Wilderness, and I'd love to do that. Can we rent those even if we're not staying at VWL? Also, I don't even know where VWL is. I just know it's an MK resort. Any idea how I get there from BWV? Thanks so much--I love these boards! :cheer2:

mckymama said:
I am a newbie and need suggestions. We are staying at BWV at the end of October. We are going to MNSSHP on 10/27, so this is our no-park day. I have an ADR at Whispering Canyon for 2:00 that afternoon. Our plan is to head to MK around 4:00 for MNSSHP. I just read about renting bikes at VWL and riding to Ft. Wilderness, and I'd love to do that. Can we rent those even if we're not staying at VWL? Also, I don't even know where VWL is. I just know it's an MK resort. Any idea how I get there from BWV? Thanks so much--I love these boards! :cheer2:

I'll try and answer your questions. I'm fairly certain that you should be able to rent bikes at VWL. Are you a DVC member staying at BWV? (I don't know if that matters, but it might). There is a nice paved pathway leading right to Fort Wilderness. Keep an eye out for wildlife, we saw an armadillo and a deer on our ride!
VWL is right next to the Wilderness Lodge. The only ways to get there are by bus or boat, there is no monorail access. Coming from BWV I'm guessing you'll need to take a bus to the TTC and then a bus over to VWL. The boats run continously from the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary resort also.
Hope this helped, someone else may be able to give you some more info.

Melk..You sound like an expert at the WL. DH & I will be celebrating our 25th WA and staying @ the WL 12/18 to 12/25/05. :Pinkbounc We have a Court yard view room reserved, but willing to pay a little more to get an upgrade @ check-in. Can you recommend a room location that would be quiet, romantic :lovestruc ?? and possibly a view of the lake. DH has put up with alot the last few yrs. with my health and never complains. I would live to make this a very special trip for him :love2: , especially. Tahnks for your help in advance.

Di-Dis said:
Melk..You sound like an expert at the WL. DH & I will be celebrating our 25th WA and staying @ the WL 12/18 to 12/25/05. :Pinkbounc We have a Court yard view room reserved, but willing to pay a little more to get an upgrade @ check-in. Can you recommend a room location that would be quiet, romantic :lovestruc ?? and possibly a view of the lake. DH has put up with alot the last few yrs. with my health and never complains. I would live to make this a very special trip for him :love2: , especially. Tahnks for your help in advance.

Wish I could help you, but I only know VWL, not the WL!!! Happy Anniversary!!

Di-Dis said:

I would absolutely, with out question let the front desk CM know this when you are checking in. Did you let your TA know this when you made the reservations? Don't drop hints, come out and mention this, don't be pushy, but make sure the CM knows. This is your 25th anniversary, that is WONDERFUL!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter