• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will be in DL for 2 days, which restaurants?

Denine

I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny
We will be there for 2 full days in August prior to our cruise.
We have a 2 year old DD that loves character meals. I have read about Goofy's Kitchen and Storytellers. Which is the better choice for breakfast?

Also, can you tell me more about Hookes' Point and Naples? I believe those are the names.

Any other suggestions?

Denine said:
We will be there for 2 full days in August prior to our cruise.
We have a 2 year old DD that loves character meals. I have read about Goofy's Kitchen and Storytellers. Which is the better choice for breakfast?

Also, can you tell me more about Hookes' Point and Naples? I believe those are the names.

Any other suggestions?

Goofy's Kitchen & Blue Bayou would be my choice-

we normally eat a late lunch at Blue Bayou and avoid 'dinner prices.'
I say 2:00 p.m. - usually the crowds are at their peak & it's great to
have a nice sitdown meal-

don't forget to call ahead for reservations :earsboy:

I personally like Storytellers for breakfast, only because the food is really good and I like to order off the menu. There's no way I could eat $20 worth of food for breakfast, and my DD's hardly eat, so a buffet is not a good option for us. We get the very first seating and in January, we were one of two tables in there from 7:30-8:15. We lucked out and had atleast 2 chracters playing with our kids the whole meal!!!! Either one is fun, but I prefer Storytellers. Have a great time!

Andrea

We ate at the Blue Bayou and Goofy's Kitchen for the first time in Dec and they were absolutely fabulous!! I highly recommend both of them. We plan to do both again next time we go to DL. Debby

We love Naples. It is really fun to go there and sit outside and see all the hustle and bustle of Downtown Disney. On nights when the parks close early we especially enjoy going there for a nice dinner and then shopping. Hooks Point is also a place we enjoyed. We have only eaten there once but found the food to be very good, I think we had appetizers and salads. They serve cocktails and some nice entrees but it has a kid's menu. The atmosphere is very nice but we didn't feel out of place with our two kids who were 7 and 9 at the time. It is a little more low key and that really fit the bill for us the night we were there. I highly recommend both places and having a PS for both as well, we tried to do Hooks Pointe once without a PS and could not get in. I agree with a previous poster about doing Blue Bayou around 2:00. We prefer the lunch menu since it has the Monte Cristo and the prices are lower. By doing a later lunch, that gives us time to ride rides during the peak lunch hours and then sit down and relax. Then we also don't have to worry about dinner until much later. Goofy's is our hands down family favorite. We prefer dinner there because eating that much food in the morning makes me feel sluggish, just my experience. You cannot go wrong at any time there! Have fun with all of your planning!

Amy&Dan said:
We love Naples. It is really fun to go there and sit outside and see all the hustle and bustle of Downtown Disney. On nights when the parks close early we especially enjoy going there.
Do you happen to remember any specific menu items from Naples? Any online menus I have found only say "pizza, pasta, chicken...". Id love to hear exactly what they have to offer.

We are making our first trip this summer too and we are planning on eating at Goofys Kitchen, Naples, Blue Bayou and ESPN (a must do for our DSs). Im glad to hear such good reviews of some of these places on this thread. :)

CamColt: I remember getting some kind of chicken ravioli in a cream sauce. It was really good. They had a variety of pizzas and my husband had spaghetti and meatballs. I think I remember seeing chicken marsala on the menu. We love this place and our kids really enjoy it too. The places you listed are all our must do's on each trip!

Thanks so much! That all sounds great. Im a big fan of Italian and I love pasta, however I find a lot of restaurants (especially in WDW) have all sorts of fish in the pasta dishes and I dont eat fish. :rolleyes: ;) As long as I know I can get something with pasta and no fish Im happy. :goodvibes

Wish I could remember what I've had at Naples, but I've never been disappointed. ESPN Zone is great, too. We don't do sports in this house (other than Olympics) and we STILL eat there LOL!

If you really like pastas, italian, etc, there's always Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. LOVE their salads - the chicken alfredo is to die for, and the whole pizzas could feed an army. Again, never been disappointed in the menu there. Of the restaurants you mention, none are mainly fish - we've got seafood allergy issues, and these are all favorite restaurants of ours.

Between Goofy's and Storytellers, it would depend on the mood I wanted for the meal. Goofy's is bright and loud, whereas Storytellers is much more subdued. Both are perfect for different occasions.

There is NO restaurant anywhere near Disneyland where kids are not welcomed. I think that's against the law :teeth: We've brought our now-3yo to these places over the years and never once was there a problem.

Enjoy!! Bon apetit!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter