will free dinning make WDW busier

jns

<font color=cc3366>Tries hard to get the jelly off
OK we are booked to stay during free dinning this August
planning on making a few ADR's
will the parks be really busy now becauce of this offer
anyone been during Free Dining before

was thinking of buying the dining plan but think now will leave it for another time

on the whole it makes the restaurants busier not the parks
Paulh

We went during the free dining promotion last September and it was very hard getting an ADR, but the parks were virtually empty.

Corinna

We were there in September last year and we had no problem with ADRs the only one we couldnt have for our evening meal was Le Cellier so we had lunch there instead.

As Paul said Restaurants are busy but parks less so but I would add that I've never been in August so don't know if that holds true? We were there last Sept & having seen plenty of would be diners either turned away or given a ridiculous return time I would highly recommend making ADRs for any restaurants that you fancy.
SD:thumbsup2

we went when free dining was on in 07 and as long as you book in advance even if not on the plan you will be fine.You can always book and cancel 24 hrs before.Parks were not as busy as I thought they would be,worst was AK.We went early in the mornings and managed to do most of the bigger attractions so didnt have a problem. hope this helps:thumbsup2

Free dining is not really free. It comes at a price. Disney believes it accomplishes three objectives 1) increases number of guests on property; 2) keeps them on property for meals; and, 3) increases utilization of table service restaurants.

In my view that program and the DDPs have reduced the quality of table service restaurants -- more crowded and fewer, blander menu items.

Busier than it used to be in mid to late August/September before they came up with free dining? Yes.

Busy as peak seasons? No (except for the restaurants)

We were there this August (4th-22nd) and it did seem much busier than the last few years, usually in the last week it is a fair bit quieter but this time it actually seemed busier. The queues were an hour plus by half nine in the morning :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter