Will RCL sail this summer?

amcnj

DIS Veteran
Any thoughts on cruises this summer? We had one cancelled from late July 2020 that is scheduled for late July 2021. Do you think this will happen? It is sailing in the Caribbean if that makes a difference.

We are scheduled for Norway in July, and I cannot see it happening. I haven't bothered to book flights or excursions or plan anything whatsoever. I just want the refund at this point. We were originally booked for Harmony in the Caribbean, March 2020 - then moved it to Norway 2021 to lessen the pain of moving it. Go big! A few days in London first! woo-hoo! LOL That worked out really well, didn't it?
:crazy2:

Any thoughts on cruises this summer? We had one cancelled from late July 2020 that is scheduled for late July 2021. Do you think this will happen? It is sailing in the Caribbean if that makes a difference.

Cruise lines are currently cancelling May sailings. I think in a month or two from now, we’ll have that answer.

I'm thinking that they won't re-start until late summer, perhaps September.

I had Alaska 2020 ...moved to 2021 ...moved again to 2022. Hopefully I can finally see Alaska next year. (We booked early Feb 2020; there was an inkling at that time that this virus was going to be more than other viruses; so we booked knowing things could change)

What do you guys think about Nassau/Coco Cay in June? I think RCCL will start small. A five-day, four-night cruise would be the perfect starting off point.

What do you guys think about Nassau/Coco Cay in June? I think RCCL will start small. A five-day, four-night cruise would be the perfect starting off point.
If we start hearing some more news from the CDC in March... maybe. It's gonna be tight.

I think they will start with the short ones. Now, when it comes to June, who knows? I guess it will depend on the vaccination rates.

Odyssey will be sailing from Israel beginning in May. My parents were booked on Odyssey and received the cancellation notice today. The Israel sailings are offered to Israel residents only and are being touted as fully-vaccinated sailings (crew and passengers 16+) - good indication of what’s to come, it would seem.

Yeah, I had Oasis for June 2021 (rescheduled from an original Anthem November 2020 which would have been my first RCL experience). Have since pre-emptively just rescheduled the same Oasis cruise, but for June 2022 instead- (which i'm hoping will FINALLY stick).

I figured its probably 90% was gong to be canceled (they recently dropped all May cruises), but if it did move ahead, I didn't want to be the #1 guinea pig cruise, where you are likely being treated like a walking biohazard half the time.

I'm really hoping in June 2022, the vaccination rates are high, and maybe they mandate them for the ships, which I'm totally OK with, which will allow the on-board mask situation to be a lot more relaxed (or non-existant!)

Odyssey will be sailing from Israel beginning in May. My parents were booked on Odyssey and received the cancellation notice today. The Israel sailings are offered to Israel residents only and are being touted as fully-vaccinated sailings (crew and passengers 16+) - good indication of what’s to come, it would seem.

So no kids? That's what I've been wondering...

Our final payment was due this week (for June 11 out of Orlando) and they could not give me any specific information regarding U.S. policies for children. I cancelled because they also told me that I wouldn't get a full refund if I cancelled after the due date, which I feel is arguably unethical when they don't have a set policy regarding requirements for children. They refused to fully refund my family's deposits and told me that the deposits will be "refunded" as a future credit that must be used by September 2022. (I called several times and asked for managers on multiple days, just to be sure. The employees were kind, but the company's policy is very firm and employees don't seem to have any wiggle room.)

Set to sail out of Orlando June 14 (I think? Don't even remember exact date as I gave up on it a long time ago.) I have no hope of it happening- cancelled excursions, drink packages, wifi, etc a few months ago when they cancelled the cruise I am suppose to be on right now. Paid it in full so I don't lose my deposit and can get my money back. 3rd cruise cancelled- I am done booking anything until it is up and running.

I think they will start with the short ones. Now, when it comes to June, who knows? I guess it will depend on the vaccination rates.

39 day since your post, vaccinations moving along, Carnival Exec. threatens US Ports PULL-OUT, cruises have resumed elsewhere with modified health protocols in place and going well >>>
>> DW and I are confident that our October cruise will happen but as for JUNE :scratchin some pixiedust: would help.

39 day since your post, vaccinations moving along, Carnival Exec. threatens US Ports PULL-OUT, cruises have resumed elsewhere with modified health protocols in place and going well >>>
>> DW and I are confident that our October cruise will happen but as for JUNE :scratchin some pixiedust: would help.

100% confident October cruises will happen!

Our final payment was due this week (for June 11 out of Orlando) and they could not give me any specific information regarding U.S. policies for children. I cancelled because they also told me that I wouldn't get a full refund if I cancelled after the due date, which I feel is arguably unethical when they don't have a set policy regarding requirements for children. They refused to fully refund my family's deposits and told me that the deposits will be "refunded" as a future credit that must be used by September 2022. (I called several times and asked for managers on multiple days, just to be sure. The employees were kind, but the company's policy is very firm and employees don't seem to have any wiggle room.)

Totally stinks that they would require final payment when there is little chance of cruising. We also made our final payment for our June cruise. There’s three in our party. My daughter and I are fully vaccinated, but my 12-year old granddaughter is too young. Like I said, I don’t think June is going to happen (not sure if we’ll move it to next June or take the refund). But if it happens, and they’ll allow the vaccinated adults to cruise and not the unvaccinated children....well they better let us rebook for all three, or cancel with no penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter