Will there be a GoTo ride while PPF is closed?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
Every day when the rope drops there's a Mad Dash to Peter Pan's Flight. We've all seen the chaos as it heads in that direction.

It's entertaining to watch parents, as they race with little ones in tow.
Beware of any stroller behind you, their on a mission.

With PPF closed from Feb 2nd to May 7th, what will be the "Go To" ride?

Just wondering?????

This will be interesting to watch. I think TL will see more action during MM, and IJ and BTMRR will get more early goers at regular park opening. However, tradition and sentiment will continue to drive the majority of visitors to FL first, so Dumbo and Alice will get slammed.

Am I right that Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are the only two that are open early? If so, I agree - Alice and Dumbo will probably get hit pretty hard. I think a couple of the slow loaders like Storybook and Casey's would be good ideas for that time frame.

We plan to do Alice, Storybook, Dumbo, Casey's in that order on our early morning.

Am I right that Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are the only two that are open early? If so, I agree - Alice and Dumbo will probably get hit pretty hard. I think a couple of the slow loaders like Storybook and Casey's would be good ideas for that time frame.

We plan to do Alice, Storybook, Dumbo, Casey's in that order on our early morning.

Funny thing, just yesterday I was thinking that I am going to miss my own mad dash to PP at rope drop in addition to missing the ride itself. I like these options--do adults without kids like Casey's?

Funny thing, just yesterday I was thinking that I am going to miss my own mad dash to PP at rope drop in addition to missing the ride itself. I like these options--do adults without kids like Casey's?

My wife and I enjoyed Casey Jr. without the kids. I wouldn't sit in one of the cages, though. We did Casey in the morning and the canal boats at sunset, and it was cool to see the landscapes from different perspectives and with different lighting.

Dumbo and Alice will be hardest hit. I'd do Alice first just because, and then Dumbo. I think the rest of FL dark rides will get an uptick as well especially with IASW and MH closed. Maybe they'll consider opening up frontierland with EMH to soak up some of the overflow from having three major attractions down in FL.

My wife and I enjoyed Casey Jr. without the kids. I wouldn't sit in one of the cages, though. We did Casey in the morning and the canal boats at sunset, and it was cool to see the landscapes from different perspectives and with different lighting.

Just what I needed to hear...and I love the idea to see the landscape at different times in the day.

I also think that it just means the crowds will be more distributed within FL during EMH/MM. I would also agree that there will probably be an uptick at Alice and Dumbo. If Casey's and Storybook are running, I could also see an uptick there, but they do not seem to be as consistently open during EMH as the other FL attractions.

Maybe they'll consider opening up frontierland with EMH to soak up some of the overflow from having three major attractions down in FL.
If they were going to add attractions/lands to EMH because of the closures, we'd probably have already heard about them. In truth, I doubt they'd add Frontierland to EMH because IaSW will re-open in early February (2/6). Matterhorn has been down for long periods before and they didn't add anything to EMH/MM to replace it in the past. So, I'm inclined to say, they're going to leave EMH/MM alone and just open FL and TL.

Man, when I first read this instead of GoTo I thought it said GoT and wondered why they would put a Game of Thrones ride in Fantasyland! :)

As others have said, I suspect Dumbo will get a big increase since it already is a ride little kids beg their parents to ride and it is a straight shot past PPF as you go through the castle. Next would be Alice given it already is pretty popular. I wouldn't be shocked to see Toad have an uptick, since it is right next to Pan and people who didn't realize Pan would be down might just go to it next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter