Will there be a room discount this summer ?

Lisa_lvspplmvr

Mouseketeer
Does anyone think there will be a room discount for rooms this summer ? I need to book June 22-June 27th . I’m not feeling good about it . Rack rates are so crazy high . Last summer we paid $400 for Yacht Club and $500 for Grand Floridian. I know we won’t get that this year but I hope we get some kind of a discount . Thoughts ?

I'm wondering the same and booking a few weeks before your trip. Right now we're booked in Beach Club, but I'm thinking of switching to YC as the more recent discounts have been better. If the kids weren't already going as part of a HS band trip, I wouldn't be going at all this summer, but since two of the three are going paid by fundraising, it works out ok.

Probably, at least for APs. Early summer is general released right around New Years so here's hoping!

Yacht club was amazing last June ! We stayed first floor overlooking the quiet pool (admiral I think ) . The kids could walk out and swim while we were getting ready for dinner . It was like our own private pool and hot tub ! I’m hoping for a discount though . They rack rates are ridiculously high . I hope the last poster is right and we get a discount soon !! 🙏🏻

Strongly considering applying for a Disney CC in case the only discounts include that group and not the general population.

I think that’s a good idea . We got a Disney visa discount for December but had to cancel . Hopefully we get another one soon !

So I didn't apply for a Disney Visa yet. At this stage in the game, is there any reason to? Does WDW seem to have a cutoff for when they will offer discounts?

I checked the current offer for our dates and only CSR tower club-level remains for our travel dates in early June, but if I check without the discount there seem to be several rooms available for that period.

I'm also considering a Delta AmEx, simply for the no baggage fees, since they are actually cheaper with better flight times than SWA right now.

So I didn't apply for a Disney Visa yet. At this stage in the game, is there any reason to?

It is very unlikely that there will be a Visa discount but I guess it still could happen. There are discounts throughout the parks for purchases if you use your disney Visa at certain places, and also the PhotoPass spots for disney visa holders. So if that holds any interest for you you may still want to get it. But if you were just wanting it for a potential room discount I would skip it.

Is it plausible that there may not be much of any discount (if it all) for this summer because Disney knows that people have been holding back on vacation plans (the past 2 years) because of Covid, and this year there will be a LOT of them finally booking... which means there's not much incentive for WDW to provide discounts?

We go to Disneyworld pretty much every summer and I can tell you that last summer was by far the most crowded I have ever seen the parks(Universal included) during July. I'm not sure how many people delayed going last year at least during the summer.

I keep thinking, good discounts have to come soon. It's been so long. However, even with the crazy rack rates, the parks are packed, so not sure we are going to see discounts like we did before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter