Will there be any AP discounts for resorts in April 2002?

Dsheehan

Earning My Ears
I've just reserved the Poly for our family, from April 12-19, 2002. I booked through CRO, so I know I have up to 5 days before to cancel. Now, I've booked it at $394 per night (ouch!), but now I need to know what the odds are that there will be any discount codes between now and then. I told the CM that I am an AP holder, but even after checking with her supervisor, she said that those had not been released yet for those dates (this was what I expected to hear at this early date, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway!)

Now, I'd like some thoughts on whether I can even expect any significant AP-type discounting during the last week of peak season.

We love the Poly, but not at $394/night. So, I'm thinking of booking a backup at another resort, in case we can't get a discount. Since I'm paying the one-night deposit with my AmEx card, I can always get the refund if we switch to a different hotel.

So what do you all think? Do I stand any chance of getting a discount during that time period, or am I dreaming?

Also, what do you recommend as a good alternate, moderate resort for kids ages 4 and 8? (My main bjective is: get to the EE park as early as possible each day! And have a resort that's easy to get back to when it's retreat time around lunch each day.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

1997 - Poly
2002 - ???

We are in the same position, but in the past when we have done this they will apply the credit you have paid to the new resort ressie you are using.

"..... in the past when we have done this they will apply the credit you have
paid to the new resort ressie you are using."

Which is just fine with me! I only hope that it won't come to that, and that we can get a decent AP discount at the Poly.

So, what's a good second choice for families after the Poly, who really want to get around quickly to any of the parks? With a car, or by WDW buses/boats?)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter