• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will these be the four attractions that Disney will want you to pay for? Could there be more?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
We know that ROTR and Remy are certain for either a lottery queue win or pay to ride, but will FOP and SDMT be two more attractions that Disney will take from the stand by lines from the guest? Or are there other rides they might try this with? How do you feel about the rides below in regards to paying for them?

MK- SDMT- been there, done that so many times, no way I would pay for that.
AK- FOP- done it once, would not pay for it
HS- ROTR- never done it, my husband really wants too- may pay for it
EP- Remy- want to ride it soooooooo bad- I would pay for it

It sounds like there will be 2 per park.
MK - SDMT, eventually will also be Tron, until then - ?
AK - FoP, the second most likely safari or EE
HS - RoTR, SDD
EPCOT - Remy, eventually GoTG, until then TT or Frozen?
Just my guesses.

How many rides are there in Epcot now? With Remy, is it five? AK will be a joke, I think. FOP is awesome yes, but the rest, who would want to pay for the other rides?

My guesses:

MK- SDMT and eventually Tron. Maybe Peter Pan until Tron is open.

AK- FOP and Navi River Journey

Epcot- Remy and maybe Soarin’

HS-ROTR and MFSR. If not MFSR then SDD.

We know that ROTR and Remy are certain for either a lottery queue win or pay to ride, but will FOP and SDMT be two more attractions that Disney will take from the stand by lines from the guest? Or are there other rides they might try this with? How do you feel about the rides below in regards to paying for them?

MK - 7 Dwarfs & Space Mountain (Tron)
AK - Flights & Navi (or Safari)
HS - Rise & Slink
EP - Remy & Frozen (Guardians)

My selection is based on what I understand are ‘historical’ wait times for both new and popular rides…..Test Track breaks down too frequently.

Regardless, Disney will maximize revenue by bid-rigging their own system.

My guesses are:

MK: SDMT and Space Mt. Tron when it opens
Epcot: Remy and Frozen. GoG when it opens.
HS: RotR and Slinky or MMRR
AK: FoP and Everest

I bet that these choices will change seasonally. Like if Everest goes down or a week or two for scheduled maintenance they will switch it up and make the safari an extra pay lightning lane or something. Also, I bet the moment they announce Splash is closing for the Princess and the Frog redo they will make Splash the extra lightning lane, anticipating a surge of riders.

A couple blogs put out these, seem reasonable:

MK - 7 Dwarfs and Space
Epcot - Remy and TT
DHS - Rise and Slinky
AK - FOP and Safari
Yes, this is the current lineup as suggested by Touring Plans and another respected website.

It will be interesting to see if the list evolves as new attractions are added.

Has it been reported that there would only be 2 per park? I know the press release said you could select 1 or 2 rides to pay for individually, but I may have missed where it stated there would only be 2 rides to choose from in each park.

I don't think there is a single ride in MK I would pay for. We were just there last week and we only did 7DMT once when the line was short during the fireworks. None of my kids were really into it now that they are older, they all preferred BTMR (which also had short lines all week). Maybe we'd pay for Tron the first time depending on the cost and length of the line. With 5 people, $25 per person for one ride really adds up!

Depending on price, I might pay for FOP in AK and maybe RotR in HS. There is nothing in Epcot I would pay for either, though that could change with Remy or the new coaster when it opens, but again, probably only the first time.

I realize that the thread is about what they will charge for, but I don't see a lot of demand for paid Test Track or Safari rides, so I wonder if those will be priced lower. Maybe I'd pay $5 per person to skip a 60 minute line for those? Maybe not since we have been a number of times and ridden those rides often. I am very curious to see how these micro transactions really work in practice.

Honestly, I would probably pay for a guarantee on whatever the new ride is for us each and every time we go. Rat, Guardians, Tron, whatever comes next. And I'm sure that's what the mouse is hoping to hear.

MK - Tron & Splash Mountain/Princess & the Frog
EP - Remy & Frozen (Guardians of the Galaxy whenever it opens will replace Frozen)
DHS - Rise & MMRR or Rockin Roller Coaster
AK - FOP & EE or Safari

The only ride I would consider paying for is Remy, well maybe ROTR for my husband. The other attractions listed in this thread come off as a joke to pay for. (IMHO)

Yes, this is the current lineup as suggested by Touring Plans and another respected website.

It will be interesting to see if the list evolves as new attractions are added.
[/QUO
A couple blogs put out these, seem reasonable:

MK - 7 Dwarfs and Space
Epcot - Remy and TT
DHS - Rise and Slinky
AK - FOP and Safari
Seems reasonable. Wait times would be the primary consideration, newst Rides and rides appealing to older children and adults. A family might have more trouble paying for multiple young children to ride. Tweeners and older people might have their own money to spend and be less distractable with kiddie rides.

But we're already paying for them with our park tix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter