"Will they keep this/cancel that" We are now Live from WDW, the Nicki & Todd show!

Wow, you definitely saved some of the best till last. Chef Mickeys actually looks really good - have read a couple of not-so-rave reviews lately and was wondering whether it was worth it but DS really wants to go somewhere that he can have ice-cream for breakfast and I have been told that CM has that so we will probably head there once in October (promised him he could have ice-cream for breakfast on our trip last April and the poor, deprived lad never got it ;))

Thanks so much for the great reviews. We will be there the same time as you. I will look for another fellow Italian girl while we are there. We are doing Chef Mickey's for b-fast too and noticed the toppings, do they serve ice cream at b-fast? Thanks again. I always love reading your reviews.

And now we are home and it stinks! Oh well I better get on the phone and make ressies!

I think we are going to do Contempo breakfasts and on our departure day go back to Chef Mickeys or maybe Crystal Palace or maybe try the Wave? Lunches will be CS and for dinner I think the China place in Epcot since we have never been, Cali Grill if I can get in if not the Wave again. Maybe WPE for our arrival night and I need one more dinner...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and chatting you guys, it was a blast and I am so bummed its over! Keep and eye out for the next installment of the Nicki and Todd dining show, to air sometime the end of May! :banana:

I can't remember--have you tried the Plaza at the MK? It seems to be you have done everything. What about Turf Club at the Saratoga? We've been thinking of trying this and we've read good/bad reviews.

Hi Nicki, glad you got to experience the spa together. I'm a total spa junkie! GF Spa is nice (I'm going there again this June) but wait until you try SSR Spa, so much better! It's just larger and for some reason, offers different treatments than the GF Spa (but run by the same company). I also liked that the lounge at the SSR was shared, so DH and I could sit and hang out together. I love all the shower products too! Have you hit Basin White at the GF? I'm in love with the Lemon Sugar scent stuff. It's not nearly as expensive as the products at the spa.

We had requested the same thing as you did for the CR tower (last week of May too! It's our anniversary we used to always travel at that time). They gave us the third floor from the top, last room down the hallway, MK side. From the bed, you could look in the mirror and see the castle over your shoulder. It was amazing! I also requested a king bed, but they said they only have 22 rooms with king beds and thought our view was more important to us. So don't push the king issue if you want a good view. They gave me a whole speech that it's a "family resort" so king beds are very limited.

Hey, did you happen to spot the mickey waffle iron this trip?:confused3 Still searching for one :rotfl:
Mare

I'm so happy you found the gingerbread men! I knew you would!! DS5 is going to be thrilled!!! Thanks!

I love Basin too! I usually drop a small fortune in there but I have plenty left from our January trip so it will have to wait until June. You have me totally pumped to try Saratoga Spa now...is it October yet???

Your tips for the CR are a huge help, the view and floor are going to matter more than the king bed, I appreciate the tip! Oh yes they did have a waffle iron at the place next to Earl of Sandwich but I forgot to take a picture....it was right next to the toaster and the blue and white dish sets...DH says thank goodness I do not Mickey decorate or I would blow a fortune in there!

Wow, you definitely saved some of the best till last. Chef Mickeys actually looks really good - have read a couple of not-so-rave reviews lately and was wondering whether it was worth it but DS really wants to go somewhere that he can have ice-cream for breakfast and I have been told that CM has that so we will probably head there once in October (promised him he could have ice-cream for breakfast on our trip last April and the poor, deprived lad never got it ;))

I was very worried about CM for the noise and the food but both of us were very happy with it...it isnt my baby Boma but it was very very good and the location was great for us. Yes they did have ice cream, lots of happy little kids in line for it!

Thanks so much for the great reviews. We will be there the same time as you. I will look for another fellow Italian girl while we are there. We are doing Chef Mickey's for b-fast too and noticed the toppings, do they serve ice cream at b-fast? Thanks again. I always love reading your reviews.

Yes they did have ice cream but there were so many kids by it I could not take a picture...they were loading ice cream with gummy bears...a bit weird but not for a kid right?

I can't remember--have you tried the Plaza at the MK? It seems to be you have done everything. What about Turf Club at the Saratoga? We've been thinking of trying this and we've read good/bad reviews.

Thats it! Thats the winner! We ate there many many many years ago and I would like to do that for our MK night! Thanks girlfriend! Fries, burgers and milkshakes - minus the booze.....my thighs are gonna love me!

Hey Girlfriend!!! The spa looks GREAT!!! Maybe good enough for a mother/daughter spa day! (maybe....for a massage & facial)

The sandwich from WPE looks fabulous! Too bad the chips were gross. Bummer. I love Goofy's, it's a must for our next trip. I have to get some goodies to bring home for the boys.

I can't wait to hear about your June excursion! We're def. going to the Wave when we come down.

Thanks for the confirmation about the ice-cream Nicki - I swear it's not anything I've said but my DS is convinced that everyone in America eats ice-cream for breakfast all the time and it was the one thing he was excited about on our last trip - and then disappointed because he didn't get it. I am definitely booking Chef Mickeys for breakfast - hey, I might even be tempted myself (if I can drag myself away from that yummy-looking breakfast pizza ;))

Nicki - We ate at The Plaza last year for the first time and fell in love with it! Their club sandwich is excellent and their fries were the best I've ever had anywhere.:love:

Nicki you're my WDW vacationing hero!! When I grow up :-)lmao: ) I want to vacation just like that!! its so cool you come back and you're going back in less than 5 months! :woohoo:
The spa sounds amazing the breakfast looks decent, I know we didn't have any room for WPE on our itenerary so I added a day just to go to DTD -i'm a true foodie! :rotfl2:
did you happen to see the price on the ginormous krispy mickey treat?

Thats it! Thats the winner! We ate there many many many years ago and I would like to do that for our MK night! Thanks girlfriend! Fries, burgers and milkshakes - minus the booze.....my thighs are gonna love me!

Join the rest of us with the thighs!!!! I'm so glad I could help. I'll be emailing you later in the week with our proposed ADR's and you're going to have give me major help. :rotfl2:

Thanks for your reviews Nicki!

As I was reading your Le Cellier review, I was wondering which you would choose now Le Cellier or Jiko for dinner? But you've already answered me before I could ask the question...Jiko it is. I was sold on Jiko from reading your review. We're also going to do Sci-Fi for lunch. The wave looked fabulous too and I wouldn't have even considered it until reading your review.

Your tips for the CR are a huge help, the view and floor are going to matter more than the king bed, I appreciate the tip!

When we stayed there, we checked into the CR at 8am in the morning. I have no idea if that effects what room your assigned. I've never been able to figure our their system. Our room location was amazing. DH always points to it to remind me that he'd like to stay there again some time :rotfl2: Personally, I'm not "in love" with the place. But DH and DS5 love the arcade as it's the largest on property.

Have you ever thought of spending the night at a DTD hotel, then check into your WDW resort first thing in the morning? Just an idea.....

Oh yes they did have a waffle iron at the place next to Earl of Sandwich but I forgot to take a picture....it was right next to the toaster and the blue and white dish sets...DH says thank goodness I do not Mickey decorate or I would blow a fortune in there!

THANK YOU!!! :yay: I can't believe you found the waffle iron AND gingerbread men!!! DS5 will be so happy! :woohoo:

I'm wondering how crazy would it be to go for lunch at Captain Cooks while at the GF pool?

Do you think I can send DH over to the Poly and they'd box up the food to go?

How far is the walk from the GF pool area? I know the path is right there behind the cabanas to the Poly. We're going to do a cabana day by the pool and I'm thinking their menu would be a nice change from the basic sandwiches the GF CS has.

Any thoughts??? Am I crazy?? :rotfl:

Hey Girlfriend!!! The spa looks GREAT!!! Maybe good enough for a mother/daughter spa day! (maybe....for a massage & facial)

The sandwich from WPE looks fabulous! Too bad the chips were gross. Bummer. I love Goofy's, it's a must for our next trip. I have to get some goodies to bring home for the boys.

I can't wait to hear about your June excursion! We're def. going to the Wave when we come down.

The spa was amazing, granted we were there for just a few hours but so worth it. I wish they had a WPE in every park!

Thanks for the confirmation about the ice-cream Nicki - I swear it's not anything I've said but my DS is convinced that everyone in America eats ice-cream for breakfast all the time and it was the one thing he was excited about on our last trip - and then disappointed because he didn't get it. I am definitely booking Chef Mickeys for breakfast - hey, I might even be tempted myself (if I can drag myself away from that yummy-looking breakfast pizza ;))

Chef Mickeys breakfast was awesome, after all the blech reviews I was so happy to be very well fed! :rotfl: Kids can eat ice cream at every meal if you let them right?!

Nicki - We ate at The Plaza last year for the first time and fell in love with it! Their club sandwich is excellent and their fries were the best I've ever had anywhere.:love:

Ooh the best french fries ever? Now I have to go there! Can I dip them in my milkshake? I know gross right but at McDonalds I have to dip fries into my vanilla milkshake...started when I was just 2, my mom said I was going for the kechup and missed!! :rotfl2:

Nicki you're my WDW vacationing hero!! When I grow up :-)lmao: ) I want to vacation just like that!! its so cool you come back and you're going back in less than 5 months! :woohoo:
The spa sounds amazing the breakfast looks decent, I know we didn't have any room for WPE on our itenerary so I added a day just to go to DTD -i'm a true foodie! :rotfl2:
did you happen to see the price on the ginormous krispy mickey treat?

I need a hot pink cape when I go to WDW...here I come to eat the world! I didnt see the price but I did want to lean in and bite off his nose! You will love WPE, everything we have ordered there has been fantastic!

Join the rest of us with the thighs!!!! I'm so glad I could help. I'll be emailing you later in the week with our proposed ADR's and you're going to have give me major help. :rotfl2:

And the tush, dont leave that one out :laughing: Ok girl I am ready to make your ressies...but can I add one more person? ME! I will drive up and eat with ya :lmao:

Thank you for the reviews! We are doing CM breakfast and can't wait! :goodvibes

You are going to love it! Just remember if the first line is busy go all the way to the back...no one there...and eat a slice of pizza and think of me ok? :laughing:

Thanks for your reviews Nicki!

As I was reading your Le Cellier review, I was wondering which you would choose now Le Cellier or Jiko for dinner? But you've already answered me before I could ask the question...Jiko it is. I was sold on Jiko from reading your review. We're also going to do Sci-Fi for lunch. The wave looked fabulous too and I wouldn't have even considered it until reading your review.

Ok I asked DH this very same question, do I book Jiko or LC for our Oct trip and he said Jiko...the meal was just the best at Jiko. Sci Fi lunch is awesome, I hope my review lives up to its name for you....the onion rings, oh boy do I miss them :woohoo:

Have you ever thought of spending the night at a DTD hotel, then check into your WDW resort first thing in the morning? Just an idea.....

THANK YOU!!! :yay: I can't believe you found the waffle iron AND gingerbread men!!! DS5 will be so happy! :woohoo:

I would not mind staying elsewhere but I am the one that has to pack and unpack so I would rather stay in one place. I thought DH wanted to do SSR but he pulled a fast one on me and opted for CR...I just hope he doesnt forget that he wanted this place (in case he isnt feeling it :laughing: )

The veiled maiden in the Norway desserts looks really good. Anyone know what's in it?

I think it was rice and apples. I should have tried that one instead.

I'm wondering how crazy would it be to go for lunch at Captain Cooks while at the GF pool?

Do you think I can send DH over to the Poly and they'd box up the food to go?

How far is the walk from the GF pool area? I know the path is right there behind the cabanas to the Poly. We're going to do a cabana day by the pool and I'm thinking their menu would be a nice change from the basic sandwiches the GF CS has.

Any thoughts??? Am I crazy?? :rotfl:

Yes they do box up the food at CC and it isnt that far of a walk...took us 10 minutes max and that was walking pretty slow.....I mean it was a bit after 7am! I wish I had the time to try the adult grilled cheese, it looked so good!

Love your reviews. Looks like you guys had a blast! The Blood Orange thing in the Norway window looked good to me. I'll have to seek that out! We'll be there at the same time in June (ours is May 30-June 5). We'll probably run into each other in lines for booze. :rotfl:

I can't believe it's over all ready :sad2: Good thing you booked that new trip, so I have one more set of reviews before our trip :thumbsup2

The Spa sounds wonderful! I think I may set something up at the SSR spa for our F&W trip; a round of golf in the morning & then a massage :idea: then F&W :cloud9:

At CM's do they still have the PB&J pizza? It was Chip & Dales specialty, and the one thing the DS remembers from there (it's been 7 years :rolleyes1 )

You sound just like DH about the tropical ice tea at WPE, he loves that stuff! We have a WPE here (they just renamed & sort of changed the style, but a lot of the same foods) but they serve a different tea here. He likes it, but not as much as the tropical one.

Thank you for wonderful reviews yet again (and thanks to Todd for putting up with it ;) )

:hug:

Yes the Peach Snap is the schnapps oolong frozen tea..so good its like booze-lite! The Nuvo is bubbly sweet vodka fruit-y champagne like drink...very good!

Thanks, I can't wait to try both! :woohoo:

And now we are home and it stinks! Oh well I better get on the phone and make ressies!

I think we are going to do Contempo breakfasts and on our departure day go back to Chef Mickeys or maybe Crystal Palace or maybe try the Wave? Lunches will be CS and for dinner I think the China place in Epcot since we have never been, Cali Grill if I can get in if not the Wave again. Maybe WPE for our arrival night and I need one more dinner...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and chatting you guys, it was a blast and I am so bummed its over! Keep and eye out for the next installment of the Nicki and Todd dining show, to air sometime the end of May! :banana:

I see that you've decided on The Plaza for your May/June trip. We really like it for a light meal. When you have another open slot, you may want to consider Hollywood Brown Derby. (I noticed it's one of the few restaurants you haven't tried.) We ate there several years ago, & had a bad experience. It took until last Oct. for us to return, & it was one of best meals we've ever had at WDW. We all thought it was much better than the meal we had at Flying Fish the next night.

We're also trying Nine Dragons & Cali Grill for the 1st time in May. I'm really starting to question the CG ADR though. It seems the majority of reviews for CG are negative or less than glowing lately. We may be changing that one. :scratchin We're also trying Jiko & Tutto Italia for the 1st time. I've enjoyed you reviews for both of those. We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's & weren't impressed. TI sounds like a definite improvement.

Thanks, I can't wait to try both! :woohoo:

I see that you've decided on The Plaza for your May/June trip. We really like it for a light meal. When you have another open slot, you may want to consider Hollywood Brown Derby. (I noticed it's one of the few restaurants you haven't tried.) We ate there several years ago, & had a bad experience. It took until last Oct. for us to return, & it was one of best meals we've ever had at WDW. We all thought it was much better than the meal we had at Flying Fish the next night.

We're also trying Nine Dragons & Cali Grill for the 1st time in May. I'm really starting to question the CG ADR though. It seems the majority of reviews for CG are negative or less than glowing lately. We may be changing that one. :scratchin We're also trying Jiko & Tutto Italia for the 1st time. I've enjoyed you reviews for both of those. We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's & weren't impressed. TI sounds like a definite improvement.

I second the HBD suggestion :thumbsup2 It's our one "must do" every trip :goodvibes

We're also considering CG, but not sure since most of the recent reviews have only been "eh". Nine Dragons does nothing for me. I suppose if I didn't have a Chinese restaurant that I love here at home, but I can't see going all the way to Disney for Chinese food :confused3 I used to love going to Marrakesh, but now I've got a great Lebanese/Middle Eastern restaurant 5 minutes from the house (with awesome hummus & pita and DH swears by their falafel) and I don't pay Disney prices for it ;) .

Okay, Nic, I emailed you our thoughts on our ADR's. Now, it is your job to finalize for me knowing the new ones that you decided to eat at and enjoy so much this trip and what we should drop. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter