Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

Facebook messaged Virgin Holidays and got a reply back today.. Disney booking ref is not available until 180 days out.

Tony

3rd time lucky calling today!
At 30 days out today and have successfully had my tickets added so getting to play with FP+ now :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great news, hope you can get plenty for what you want to do. I had so much fun looking at what was available and booking them up!

The plot thickens, just had another e-mail from Disney, this time saying that the 12 digit number wont be issued until 9 months prior to the holiday.
Anyone else out there booked for more than 9 months in the future been given their US reservation number?

I've booked for October 2014 and I was given my 12 digit US confirmation 2 weeks ago, so over 13 months ahead. When I contacted Disney to get my number after I'd booked back in April 2013 they told me that my travel agent would have it 500 days before check in.

Facebook messaged Virgin Holidays and got a reply back today.. Disney booking ref is not available until 180 days out.

Tony

Try calling Disney US directly. I did that the year before last when we'd booked to go for Oct 2012 with VH. I gave Disney all the details I had i.e names, dates, resort etc and they were able to look it up. I'm sure this is just a VH issue as this time I've booked with Ocean Florida and they were able to give me our 12 digit number at 500 days out.

Try calling Disney US directly. I did that the year before last when we'd booked to go for Oct 2012 with VH. I gave Disney all the details I had i.e names, dates, resort etc and they were able to look it up. I'm sure this is just a VH issue as this time I've booked with Ocean Florida and they were able to give me our 12 digit number at 500 days out.

I think this is right. VH don't have access to Disney's reference numbers until they are passed to VH, but Disney can look them up for you on their system. Good luck pixiedust:

Tony

Darnit, it worked for me. It was defo way before as I remember thinking I would have been stressed about getting our ADRs at 180 days out if I couldn't have got the ressie number until the same day...

Darnit, it worked for me. It was defo way before as I remember thinking I would have been stressed about getting our ADRs at 180 days out if I couldn't have got the ressie number until the same day...

I was the same. Got our ressie number from virgin at about 185 days. Remember thinking I wanted to be well prepared come 180 days, to make our adr's.

I think this is right. VH don't have access to Disney's reference numbers until they are passed to VH, but Disney can look them up for you on their system. Good luck pixiedust:

I read that virgin don't officially book your rooms till about 190 days before that's why we can't have our res number. But I got mine at about 200 days.

I'm trying to work out what's happening with our MagicBands, help please! :goodvibes:wizard:

Has anyone in the UK had their MagicBand delivered to them in UK? Or did you have to pick it up at your resort when you arrived?

Also, if you did get it sent to you in UK, was it sent out as soon as you had customised them? Or did it say something like "30 days left to customize"? (Which basically means they'll wait 30 days before they make them and send them anywhere.)

Has anyone in the UK had their MagicBand delivered to them in UK? Or did you have to pick it up at your resort when you arrived?

Magicbands don't ship outside of the US.

you will pick them up at the resort.

Also, if you did get it sent to you in UK, was it sent out as soon as you had customised them? Or did it say something like "30 days left to customize"? (Which basically means they'll wait 30 days before they make them and send them anywhere.)

They are not shipped until 30 days out to allow customisation time

but this is irrelevant for us on the other side of the pond, since we don't get them shipped anyway

Not reading thru the whole thread to see what has been said but we saw a few people using the magicbands to fastpass rides. What a slow system, they will have to improve the speed for them to work. Sounds good to just touch your band and ride but waiting for the system to accept each rider was so slow, I would say approx 6 paper fastpass riders were going thru for each magicband.

Not reading thru the whole thread to see what has been said but we saw a few people using the magicbands to fastpass rides. What a slow system, they will have to improve the speed for them to work. Sounds good to just touch your band and ride but waiting for the system to accept each rider was so slow, I would say approx 6 paper fastpass riders were going thru for each magicband.

That's not a good sign at all :eek:

I think it will quicken up as time goes on. They have a scanner each side of the entrance so two can do it at a time. It just needs time for CM's and users to get used to using both at once rather than all waiting for one scanner. They are still very much a novelty at moment. Can't tell you number of times we have used bands for dining and/or snacks etc and CM serving us has said it's the first time they have processed a transaction that way. Never a problem they all seem well trained just still not many in use yet. Staff very keen to see what we think of them. I am a big fan. Having said that I do think that a lot of people won't like them as FP plus does add a lot of structure to your day as you work round what you have planned in. We find ourselves constantly clock watching to check we don't miss times. I'm sure that wont be for everyone

DS out there just now and absolutely loving them. Has booked his FP+ for what he wants and then picks up paper FPs for other rides in between. The other evening he and DGF decided late on to head over to HS after a chill out day at AKL and dinner at Boma. Booked FP+ for TSM, Rock and Roller Coaster and then Star Tours followed by Fantasmic then set off. Knew before they headed out what they would get on. :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

DS out there just now and absolutely loving them. Has booked his FP+ for what he wants and then picks up paper FPs for other rides in between. The other evening he and DGF decided late on to head over to HS after a chill out day at AKL and dinner at Boma. Booked FP+ for TSM, Rock and Roller Coaster and then Star Tours followed by Fantasmic then set off. Knew before they headed out what they would get on. :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

That's good.

The only issue is once FP+ comes out of testing there will be no paper FP only the + which is what I am waiting to see. Be interest what people think once it is rolled out as I think there will be more competition for the popular FP+.

Any word on linking the ultimate ticket??? We are travelling on 29th of September, and I just saw on the MDE page, that we are getting Magic Bands as we're in POR.

However we have booked all aspects of our trip separately, (flights through normal, accommodation through our CM friend who will be staying with us. And park tickets through the UK website).

So our room is in a separate booking to our tickets if you get what I mean? Will we be able to add the 14 day ticket to our Magic Band when we're there?

I'm confusing myself, as I hadn't really banked on Magic Bands being part of our trip this year!!!!

:guilty: Shoulda stuck with CSR like we'd planned!

Pete.

Any word on linking the ultimate ticket??? We are travelling on 29th of September, and I just saw on the MDE page, that we are getting Magic Bands as we're in POR.

However we have booked all aspects of our trip separately, (flights through normal, accommodation through our CM friend who will be staying with us. And park tickets through the UK website).

So our room is in a separate booking to our tickets if you get what I mean? Will we be able to add the 14 day ticket to our Magic Band when we're there?

I'm confusing myself, as I hadn't really banked on Magic Bands being part of our trip this year!!!!

:guilty: Shoulda stuck with CSR like we'd planned!

Pete.

I have the 14 Day as part of my package and the ticket's now been added to MDE successfully, so I imagine with a ticket code / order number it'll be fine for you...

I have the 14 Day as part of my package and the ticket's now been added to MDE successfully, so I imagine with a ticket code / order number it'll be fine for you...

Thanks!!! Did you have to do that yourself?

I've just checked in (60 days to go!) and I'm at the YC.

The option to book FP + is down the side but when I click it, it only shows up thi weeks dates then an error message crops ups with "must select dates within reservation window" but it doesnt let me change the dates to my holiday dates?!

Any ideas?

I've just checked in (60 days to go!) and I'm at the YC.

The option to book FP + is down the side but when I click it, it only shows up thi weeks dates then an error message crops ups with "must select dates within reservation window" but it doesnt let me change the dates to my holiday dates?!

Any ideas?

You may be a little early. I dont know if this is working on the same principle as the ADRs, but those only go 'live' for reservations at 6 am on the day your window opens and we have about an hour to go for EST to catch up with us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter