Wilma-Bride's Trip Report - Sep 04 (Day 9)

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
CAST

Me – Joh (31) – Slightly neurotic (DH would say very), VERY impatient and extremely over-exciteable
DH – Gary (37) – Pretty laid back, a bit of a ‘Peter Pan’, mad about Tigger!

Day 9 – Wed 15th Sep

Today we are going to Busch Gardens. Our Flex Ticket entitles us to free transport (which I booked yesterday) so, as soon as we are showered etc, we catch the I-Ride down to the Mercado. The trip to BG takes about an hour and we arrive shortly after 9.30, having watched Start Trek on the way. The bus driver tells us to be back by 6 for the return journey and off we go.

Having already decided we want to do the Serengeti Safari, we stop to book it and are allocated a 12.30 slot. We then take a stroll round, stopping to buy a pretzel and get a drink. The first thing that strikes me is how quiet it is. As we walk around, the only people we are seeing are the ones who were on the same bus as us!!! The place is practically empty. All the rides are walk-ons so we ride them all twice (and, when we ride the Sandstorm, we are the only people on it both times).

At 12, we are next to the Skyride station, ready for our tour. With a few minutes to kill, we find a phone and call the PILs to check on DS. PILs are knackered and DS is having a whale of a time at the seaside! Our guide arrives and we set off. We travel on trucks out across the grass, seeing loads of animals close up and getting the opportunity to feed a few. We have an encounter with a friendly giraffe, who we feed with leaves (and who licks my face – yeuch). The tour is great and well worth the money (think it cost just over $50). After this, we have some lunch (the usual chicken tenders, fries etc.), then stop at RL Stine’s Haunted Lighthouse – the 3D film is entertaining but not a patch on the Disney/Universal offerings. Then it’s time for more rides and a spot of shopping, before heading back for the bus. Although we enjoyed Busch Gardens, I don’t think we would make the effort to go again. It definitely isn’t in the same league as Disney or Universal (in my opinion).

When we get back to I-Drive, it’s just after 7 so we decide to go straight for dinner at Friday’s Front Row. The food here is OK but not as nice as the TGI’s further down I-Drive. After dinner, we head back to the hotel, stopping at Walgreen’s to pick up our photos (which we’d forgotten about). They have come out really well and cost us about $30 (for well over 100 prints).

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Thanks for your report. We enjoyed Busch Gardens this year, DS16 wanted to do Sheikra which he greatly enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter