• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Win Barry Hom's Money Round 2

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
It’s round 2 of Win Barry Hom’s Money. Answer all the questions right and win $200 million (payable in one cent installments per year)!

There are many books out there that have information about Universal Orlando. Below is a list of my favorite. The authors have some great descriptions and memorable lines. Can you name what attraction the author is describing?

From Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure by Kelly Monaghan

1.) One of the nicer touches on this one is something that Universal describes as “a revolving, wallpaper-peeling, perception-altering, 24-foot tunnel.”

2.) Marvel at the once gorgeous mosaic floors now running with water diverted from its ancient course by long-ago earthquakes. Stare up at the towering façade, its massive columns seemingly ready to topple at any moment.

3.) The theming is part Olde England, part Hobbit Shire, and altogether charming.

4.) It’s a super-sized sci-fi version of those old shooting galleries down at the boardwalk.

5.) The shop is easily twice as large as the display!

From Beyond Disney by Bob Sehlinger and Amber Morris

6.) While the story is entirely predictable, the shark is realistic and as big as Rush Limbaugh.

7.) Universal employees have already dubbed this new children’s area “Peckerland.”

8.) From there it’s a mere seven rollovers punctuated by two plunges into holes in the ground before you’re allowed to get out and throw up.

9.) Funnier and more upbeat than many Universal Studios presentations, the show presents a wealth of fascinating information. It’s excellent and enlightening, if somewhat gory.

10.) Coaster cadets are already arguing about which seat on which train provides the wildest ride.

#1 Is it Cat in the Hat?
#2 Is that Posiedons Fury?
#3 Enchanted Oak Tavern
#4 MIB
#5 Is it the I love Lucy thing?
#6JAWS
#7 Woody Woodpeckers Fun zone, or whatever its called
#8 I would assume DD?
#9 Gory Gruesome Makeup Show
#10 I'm assuming Hulk as well

I've only read Kelly's book, so Im just guessing on 6-10

I'll give it a go:

1. Cat
2. Poseidon
3. Oak Tavern
4. MIBAA
5. Tribute to Lucy
6. Jaws
7. Woody's Fun Zone
8. Hulk
9. GGMMS
10. DD

1) Cat in the Hat
2) Poseidon's Fury
3) Flying Unicorn
4) Men in Black
5) Lucy Tribute

6) Jaws
7) Woody Woodpecker Funzone
8) Hulk
9) Gory, Gruesome & Grotesque Horror Makeup Show
10) Duelling Dragons

#3 was tough since I only have the 1st edition of Kelly's book. :)

So, does this mean I'm up to 2 cents per year now?

It's hard enough to write the stuff. Now you want me to rememberit, too???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter